Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What level did you go to Dragonspyre?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 03, 2010
My current wizard is level 43 and hasn't finished Mooshu, I was wondering what level are you supposed to finish Mooshu/start Dragonspyre. Most people around me are just in level 30+. It would be great if I would know what level you went to Dragonspyre.

Alyssa MoonLeaf Level 43

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I went to dragonspyre at level 37 on my latest wizard but my first got there at level 48.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
On my pyromancer I got to DS at lvl 46 so don't fret. Some people only play the story and are pretty low lvl and some people play sidequests and everything which gives much more xp!

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
This is a constant question from people; "What level should I be when I enter (fill in the blank)?"

I feel, the level that you "should be" is the level where you can comfortably progress in whatever zone your questing through. I find I'm usually 5+ levels higher than others while in the same zone because I do all/most of the side quests, except the crafting ones.

WC & Crab Alley = level 1 to 16+

Krokotopia & Wysteria = level 16 to 28+

Grizzelheim = level 28+ to 33+

Marleybone = level 33+ to approx. level 40

Mooshu = at or almost level 40 to 45

Ravenscar = approx. level 45 + 1 or 2 levels

Dragonspyre = beginning at around level 47-48 which is a big level due to pet acquirement and possibly learning an AE spell.

I do all of Zeke's quests for the additional Training Points and the side quests for the additional gold and experience.

I hope this helps your question, and best of luck to you.

Gabriel

Explorer
Mar 06, 2014
icepenguin12345 on Sep 7, 2014 wrote:
My current wizard is level 43 and hasn't finished Mooshu, I was wondering what level are you supposed to finish Mooshu/start Dragonspyre. Most people around me are just in level 30+. It would be great if I would know what level you went to Dragonspyre.

Alyssa MoonLeaf Level 43
My death wizard got there at level 50 I think. Adam Soulcaster level 67 ps I am done with Celestia. Austin pvp level 6veteran

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
My fire went at 46 or 47, but I did every side quest on him, and did Wysteria and Grizzleheim (including Ravenscar, but not Wintertusk) first.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2013
Just got there at level 37. I feel like I should level up some before continuing... maybe not, I'll just push my way through

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
i was level 48, since i do ALL the quests for the world before i finish it off and go to the next
katie frostflower lvl 50 in dragonspyre

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I got to Dragonspyre at level 42. The gear acts like you are supposed to get to Dragonspyre at 45 though, so don't worry.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
katlover283 on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
i was level 48, since i do ALL the quests for the world before i finish it off and go to the next
katie frostflower lvl 50 in dragonspyre
That's a good trait to have. Finishing what you've started.

David ThunderMancer 56 in the Survey Camp

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
Survivor
May 15, 2011
got there at 42
unknown life wiz

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
Around 50 I get to DS... It kinda happens when you do every side quest in the game

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
I just started ds and i am level 63 and its so easy :D

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
On my necromancer, I did all the storyline quests in wizard city, krokotopia, marleybone, wysteria, and mooshu as well as all the zeke quests for those worlds. I ignored all other quests. I think I was level 42 or 43 when I entered Dragonspyre.

I consider that a good number to enter Dragonspyre, especially considering you need to be level 50 to access Celestia.

I had to side quest in both Dragonspyre and Mooshu to get to level 48 on my necromancer. I don't think it a good idea for any wizard to attempt Malistaire's dungeon without their level 48 school spell unless you piggy back the entire dungeon on much stronger wizards.

Edit: I was misinformed about the level requirement for Celestia. Anyone who completes Dragonspyre can get into Celestia.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
General American on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
On my necromancer, I did all the storyline quests in wizard city, krokotopia, marleybone, wysteria, and mooshu as well as all the zeke quests for those worlds. I ignored all other quests. I think I was level 42 or 43 when I entered Dragonspyre.

I consider that a good number to enter Dragonspyre, especially considering you need to be level 50 to access Celestia.

I had to side quest in both Dragonspyre and Mooshu to get to level 48 on my necromancer. I don't think it a good idea for any wizard to attempt Malistaire's dungeon without their level 48 school spell unless you piggy back the entire dungeon on much stronger wizards.

Edit: I was misinformed about the level requirement for Celestia. Anyone who completes Dragonspyre can get into Celestia.
You don't need to be level 50 to access Celestia.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
I went to dragonspyre at level 46 on Anthony OwlHunter. He is now lvl 48 in the drake hatchery in DragonSpyre.
Anthony OwlHunter Level 48 wizard.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2012
I am a level 53 and I went to dragonspyre on level 48 and I still have trouble with it

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Mid 30's. I finished DS at level 45 on pretty much all my wizards which was really annoying before they lowered the 48 level for Celestia.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
poply5000 on May 6, 2015 wrote:
I am a level 53 and I went to dragonspyre on level 48 and I still have trouble with it
You might want to make sure you have the best gear available. Also, don't make your deck too big.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2012
lewski on May 7, 2015 wrote:
You might want to make sure you have the best gear available. Also, don't make your deck too big.
thanks