Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

deep spawn is to op for the casual player

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 06, 2009
i'm a casual player and the deep spawn are just to op.If they were a diffrent school with the same amout of health i would be fine, but there storm.The buff offensive class even if you lower there health to 10k i would be fine but you need 4 people to do it morganthe is probably easier than this part 1 was pretty good except for a few op bosses but i fell like i'm under leveled when ever i fight them please KI nerf them so anyone can wiz right through the dungeon

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Get better storm resist gear. Bazaar gear with crafted boots will get you in the upper 80's, add a proof/defy pet and you're immune.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
seethe42 on Sep 7, 2014 wrote:
Get better storm resist gear. Bazaar gear with crafted boots will get you in the upper 80's, add a proof/defy pet and you're immune.
I don't craft and I have no gold or a good pet

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The Wyrm on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
I don't craft and I have no gold or a good pet
Whose fault is that? Gold is freely available and crafting/hatching are crown free. Gold is insanely easy to get at this level. Farm Halfang for a few battles and you have enough to buy whatever you like. Bazaar gear isn't expensive at all and the gear needed for high storm resist is only level 54+.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
seethe42 on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Whose fault is that? Gold is freely available and crafting/hatching are crown free. Gold is insanely easy to get at this level. Farm Halfang for a few battles and you have enough to buy whatever you like. Bazaar gear isn't expensive at all and the gear needed for high storm resist is only level 54+.
Seethe42 - I know your posts usually rally for making the game more difficult but I find this post a bit harsh, even for you.

Sadly there does come a point in the game where casual players do not have the time or energy for all the preparation stuff and just have to hang up their wands or get frustrated and end up hating the game. Craft this, buy that, look it up etc., it now becomes over whelming to just complete a quest and even more time consuming sometimes then the quest itself.

Unlike me, some don't want to seek their level in the game and only play till there. I will admit I am finally getting tired of that myself as I run my yrly sub down. Some like completion and feel Az and Ks are part of that. I am sure the interaction you have in the game is with only the better players, this has never been like that for me, so you can't relate to the struggle or don't care to. All my friends are playing for the enjoyment not challenge every turn they make.

It's all part of the game evolution I guess, out with the old in with the new. Newer players coming from more difficult games will welcome the Wizard101 experience, it's being made for them now. Those of us coming from, say, ToonTown - not so much.

Mary

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Soloed it on 3 different wizards. It's not that bad.

Take Seethe's advice - put on storm resist and trap stack.
If you are questing at that level, you should have more than enough gold to buy school resist gear from the Bazaar. KR drops are typically in the thousands. How are you not full?

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
I somehow managed to solo the entire beast on my life. It was easy until the deep spawn battle. What i would do is put a bunch of storm shields, heal with a fairy or satyr every few rounds, then do a +50 and +40 life blade then colossal forest lord in 3 turns. I had 89 health left when I got a lucky unblocked critical to kill the last 2. It's hard, but it is possible to solo without spam-hatching and feeding superpets.
I had an esprit hood (WW), AZT crafted boots, and Hades armor. My pet was a fairly mediocre 1st gen. gnome at that point, ancient w/ +8 life damage, +12 life resist, and spirit armor IC. My wand was the Umbra legionnaire's spike, my athame was the Felled Titan, my amulet the Third Sun amulet (with guiding light IC), and my ring was the gloom dancer's ring (available in bazaar). My deck was the lv. 95 dropped deck that gave no extra pip.
I'm not sure what school you are, but with a tough fight like that, strategy is the most important thing to have; luck certainly helps.
Hope this helps,
Talon Willowcloud, Child of Shadow and Light

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Northlite on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Seethe42 - I know your posts usually rally for making the game more difficult but I find this post a bit harsh, even for you.

Sadly there does come a point in the game where casual players do not have the time or energy for all the preparation stuff and just have to hang up their wands or get frustrated and end up hating the game. Craft this, buy that, look it up etc., it now becomes over whelming to just complete a quest and even more time consuming sometimes then the quest itself.

Unlike me, some don't want to seek their level in the game and only play till there. I will admit I am finally getting tired of that myself as I run my yrly sub down. Some like completion and feel Az and Ks are part of that. I am sure the interaction you have in the game is with only the better players, this has never been like that for me, so you can't relate to the struggle or don't care to. All my friends are playing for the enjoyment not challenge every turn they make.

It's all part of the game evolution I guess, out with the old in with the new. Newer players coming from more difficult games will welcome the Wizard101 experience, it's being made for them now. Those of us coming from, say, ToonTown - not so much.

Mary
There was nothing harsh about it at all. If you've made it to Khrysalis and can't afford level 58 Bazaar gear because you have no gold, you're really doing something wrong. Even as a casual player you can afford Bazaar resist gear and take time to change gear for the battle. There is no reason someone in Khrysalis should be fighting storm bosses with no storm resist gear.

Most of my friends in the game are actually children that I help out on the harder boss quests. I do not help them on mob quests for the same reason I won't help my own son and daughter on those. They need to learn to use their spells, not to just sit and pass while I setup and kill everything for them. I do not rally for the game being more difficult. I merely state the reality of it instead of complaining constantly that everything is too hard.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
seethe42 on Sep 14, 2014 wrote:
There was nothing harsh about it at all. If you've made it to Khrysalis and can't afford level 58 Bazaar gear because you have no gold, you're really doing something wrong. Even as a casual player you can afford Bazaar resist gear and take time to change gear for the battle. There is no reason someone in Khrysalis should be fighting storm bosses with no storm resist gear.

Most of my friends in the game are actually children that I help out on the harder boss quests. I do not help them on mob quests for the same reason I won't help my own son and daughter on those. They need to learn to use their spells, not to just sit and pass while I setup and kill everything for them. I do not rally for the game being more difficult. I merely state the reality of it instead of complaining constantly that everything is too hard.
Altho I don't agree that there are constant complaints about everything being too hard in the game by anyone on the boards, I do agree with not helping children.

I ran an Ice wizard though to the beginning of KS, partnered with a Death wizard and picked up many children along the way and devoted a lot of time helping them with what ever they wanted. It was my way of actually taking a break from the game while slowly questing though. The 4 remaining menu chat that stuck it out past the end of DS I helped with mob and boss battles including taking them though the end instances of Avalon then Azteca. None of these are actively questing in KS now.

In the end I realized I wasn't doing them any good wasting their time questing in worlds they seriously could not handle. The myth wizard I then took though helped but only if it were on the quest I was on also. The Storm I am currently questing actively with has no friends and probably won't help anyone. I feel I am on the last journey, as I run my sub time down, of getting anything I like out of the game and it's time to bid it a fond farewell - as the semi solo player I was when I started this game.

No game out there is for every one and I think KI tries too hard to be that game.

Mary