Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster spells?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 26, 2012
Hi once while battling zeus one of my teammates used a cool spell (the goat monk i think) so i asked him where he got it and he said loremaster. After a few questions he said i had to farm an boss (defeating him over and over) and i will get the card permanently. Is this true? If so can you tell me what bosses I can get them from? I'm currently in the middle of Mooshu.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
The boss fight is the "Loremaster" in the Atheneum, Dragonspyre. The level for this zone is around the early to mid 40's. She also has 3 wisps as assistants and she does a cheat spell during the duel every 3rd round, casting a 50% Balance blade.

The various spells she is capable of rewarding are 5 Pip spells and are completely random, not school based, and their drop rates are cause for many complaints on these message boards.

Best of luck to you if/when you decide to grind out that duel for the free spells.

Gabriel

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
After returning to wizard 101 after a couple years away, I am hearing about this Loremaster.. do you need to do a quest to get in to that area?

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Idony09 on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
After returning to wizard 101 after a couple years away, I am hearing about this Loremaster.. do you need to do a quest to get in to that area?

If you have access to the library in Dragonspyre, where Milos Bookwyrm is, you can take on the Loremaster. She and her sigil/chamber are in the same room as Milos. The first time you fight her she will have the usual yellow quest question mark above her head; after your first fight with her she won't, but the fight is repeatable (obviously).

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Master Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Adept Theurgist

Explorer
May 26, 2012
Thanks! and to get to Dragonspyre you first need to complete Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, and Mooshu.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
carebearlover109 on Aug 31, 2014 wrote:
Thanks! and to get to Dragonspyre you first need to complete Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, and Mooshu.
If you want the Goat Monk spell there are easier ways than the Loremaster.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Zaneki

That Mooshu boss drops it also, but he's easier to fight and doesn't drop any other spells, so it's more likely to get it.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Loremaster is located in the Library in the Atheneum in Dragonspyre. ***Cool Info to Know: Don't have access to the Dragonspyre yet; you can port to a friend with access to the library!

Her dungeon is called the
Loremaster's Chamber.

Loremaster has three minions: Ice minion, Life minion, and Storm Minion.
  • Ice Minion casts weakness on everyone on your team
  • Life Minion heals itself and everyone on its team
  • Storm Minion casts traps on you and your teammates
Battle Strategy:

The Ice Minion casts weakness, so many players take out the ice minion first, followed by the life and storm minions; and finally Loremaster herself.

***Use powerful group attacks to take all the minions out quickly***

What's unique about Loremaster?

Loremaster randomly drops 14 different spells
*** No specific actions have been identified that trigger or force any one specific spell to be dropped over another one ***

A player can obtain these spells three specific ways:

1. As a random spell drop from Loremaster
2. From the Crown Shop in a Card Pack
3. As a spell crafting recipe you buy from
Master Yan Kan Kook in Moo Shu or Grady in Avalon.

Here’s the complete list of Loremaster spells:

1. Brimstone Revenant
2. Catalan
3. Deer Knight
4. Goat Monk
5. Handsome Fomori
6. Keeper of the Flame
7. Krampus
8. Lord of Night
9. Loremaster
10. Luminous Weaver
11. Ninja Pigs
12. Savage Paw
13. Samoorai
14. Winter Moon
So what's a wizard questing for Loremaster spell drops to do!?!

Spell drops are random, and most players don't want to spends hours, days, weeks, or months in a row, attempting to be given a random spell drop.
So invest time gathering all the required crafting components and regents, you can't find and buy at the bazaar or regent vendors.
Many of the recipe components are similar, so when Loremaster gives you one spell, you can use the components you've already collected to craft another spell