Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Traps or prisms first?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 26, 2012
While battling an enemy the same school as me, and i want to use my traps and prisms to get a huge amount of damage on them, do I cast the trap first or the prism first?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Prism, then trap - fighting your own school or if there's a shield to your school

If you want to trap first, it has to be a trap from the converted school:
Trap, then prism, then trap
etc.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
carebearlover109 on Aug 28, 2014 wrote:
While battling an enemy the same school as me, and i want to use my traps and prisms to get a huge amount of damage on them, do I cast the trap first or the prism first?
Prism first, trap after.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
carebearlover109 on Aug 28, 2014 wrote:
The prism must go first - if monster shields against your school you want to get it down before that also or the shield kicks in first. Then cast the Trap. When you cast the damage spell it uses the Trap then converts with the Prism which boosts the damage to the monster.

Everything in the game goes by the layer of which it is applied in order applied.

Mary

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
You will want to place the "Prism" first, unless you are placing a global trap such as "Curse", "Hex", or "Feint" on the enemy; then the order doesn't matter.

The idea is that by placing the Prism first, the spell is converted, triggering the opposite school's trap, which will boost the damage.

You may also combine various traps, such as a global trap with a specific school trap, or one that is enhanced with the Sun school spell "Potent Trap".

I hope this helped you.

Gabriel

Defender
May 06, 2011
What school are you? I am a Fire, and I hit a million once, so I had to convert. First I did ice traps, prism, and then the fire traps. Here's a diagram thingy o. o

Fire - ice traps, fire prism, fire traps
Ice - fire traps, ice prism, ice traps
Storm - myth traps, storm prism, storm traps
Life - death traps, life prism, life traps
Myth - storm traps, myth prism, myth traps
Death - life traps, death prism, death traps
Hope this helped!
Katherine Dragonblade, Level 83