Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lag when discarding

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I've asked a lot of my friends lately if their computers freeze/lag when they discard their spells, and they all said yes. Even my powerful PC lags when I discard and it happens to everybody, sometimes for just a second and other times for 5 seconds or more. I put the smoothing to "crowns shop" and turned all the graphics details to low and it still does this, can you change the programming or whatever to fix the bug when you discard? This never used to happen and I haven't downloaded anything recently.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
This happens to me sometimes. But I switch users on my computer and that seems to kinda speed things up a bit.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
PvP King on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
I've asked a lot of my friends lately if their computers freeze/lag when they discard their spells, and they all said yes. Even my powerful PC lags when I discard and it happens to everybody, sometimes for just a second and other times for 5 seconds or more. I put the smoothing to "crowns shop" and turned all the graphics details to low and it still does this, can you change the programming or whatever to fix the bug when you discard? This never used to happen and I haven't downloaded anything recently.
I haven't had an issue... and I don't have a new or powerful computer. Perhaps a report to support if it keeps up?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I have experienced this too.

My computer has always been more than capable of handling the game. But, recently, discarding has caused it to lag horribly, usually for 5+ seconds.

I hope this is fixed soon.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I've never had problems with that until the past few days. Lately it's happened.

Porting and going through doors has also been strange. Sometimes I get "area closed" or "can not connect to server" when I click home, or try to pass from commons to another area. It's only been happening in that last couple days, but it happened yesterday several times to both me and my son. We were on different computers and accounts.

Survivor
May 05, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
I've never had problems with that until the past few days. Lately it's happened.

Porting and going through doors has also been strange. Sometimes I get "area closed" or "can not connect to server" when I click home, or try to pass from commons to another area. It's only been happening in that last couple days, but it happened yesterday several times to both me and my son. We were on different computers and accounts.
I totally agree with you on the area closed thing. I called my friend to help with a boss, we both entered the sigil, my friend came in but I didn't and was stuck with " That area is closed ". He got angry at me and thought it was a joke and left.
Discarding has been a problem too. The lag with it takes 5+ seconds and even discards the wrong card. That actually made me want to flee. Also, when i am questing alone i click on a card to use and it acts as if I never clicked it and the clock ticks down.
KI, oh how I beg you to fix this, please

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I have experienced this issue on multiple machines.

Right click (delete) is followed by 0.8 to 2.5 seconds of stalling--in other words, enough that you definitely notice it, but not enough that you would ever rage quit the game. I'd say most of us have just learned to ignore it, except for occasions that it alters gameplay by "landing" all your lagged out clicks in the wrong places and making you select the wrong card.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
PvP King on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
This happens to me a lot. I try to get rid of a bubble spell that I don't need and then I also get rid of my judgement