Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispels in PvP (1v1)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
Lets face it, dispelling is just rather cheap in pvp. In some tournaments people spam balance dispels against me and I literally can't attack at all. If anything they shouldn't take pips away when casted on you especially from second. Either that or just removed from 1v1. I'd like to hear some of your opinions or likes/dislikes about dispels as well because I'm sure there is another side to dispels.

Tyler BattleBlade Level 100

Survivor
Jan 01, 2013
Ahhhhh... I like and dislik dispels in batle vary much. I like them bekase ive usd one before.Oh and do you want to farm the sole keper taday mabe.He is in kraokatopea loke out for daylen speretrider wizerd.

Defender
May 29, 2013
I wouldn't say remove them completely, but I will say to limit the amount you can hold in the main deck.

Maybe they could do the same thing as they did with reshuffle

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
If they're using a balance dispel every turn, just:
1. Cast a 0 or low pip spell every turn.
2. Wait for them to run out of dispels.
3. Nuke them with the full rack of pips you've built up.
Dispel spamming in 1v1 is suicide. Constant dispels will keep you from getting new pips but your opponent will have no such problem. Then there's the problem of bringing the correct school dispel.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2013
When using dispels, you should add a limit only, like you can only put in 3 to 4 just so people won't spam it in pvp.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DeathyoshiXLV on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Lets face it, dispelling is just rather cheap in pvp. In some tournaments people spam balance dispels against me and I literally can't attack at all. If anything they shouldn't take pips away when casted on you especially from second. Either that or just removed from 1v1. I'd like to hear some of your opinions or likes/dislikes about dispels as well because I'm sure there is another side to dispels.

Get cleanse charm TC's it's really not a big deal, or carry a wand that is same school.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
DeathyoshiXLV on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:

I've never encountered this problem, but I have encountered other treasure cards being spammed. I don't think the cards in the main deck should be limited more than the rest of the deck, since people actually earned those, but maybe they should put a limit on how many are in your treasure card deck. It's kind of weird that there is not a copy limit for treasure card decks but I think there should be. That would help tremendously
Myrna Dragoncloud