Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mystery Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 13, 2009
what if there was one spell, that could cast any spell in the entire universe? now pip cost would be a bit of a challenge maybe something around 7 pips because you dont know which spell it will actually cast but it can be used with anybodys power pips it wont belong to a specific school. what do you guys think? would this be a viable option or is it too op?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
fogelberg on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
what if there was one spell, that could cast any spell in the entire universe? now pip cost would be a bit of a challenge maybe something around 7 pips because you dont know which spell it will actually cast but it can be used with anybodys power pips it wont belong to a specific school. what do you guys think? would this be a viable option or is it too op?
Good golly no. The entire universe? A little op?!

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I can imagine a level three picking this up, casting it, and using a basilisk to slaughter her opponent. If this did exist, not saying it will, it would be an astral, no PVP spell and could not be sold and is not accessible through trading.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The novelty of it would wear of quickly and Balance and Death would be the only schools who could reliably setup for it, since you would never know what it would cast. It would be a pointless spell for real battles. It would either waste setup or attack with a bad school more times than not and your attack boosts would have to all be universal. Just not really worth casting.

Defender
May 29, 2013
I like your open mind

I'd say, if the spell were to be used, it would be an X rank with a max of 10 pips, and it would cast random spells of that rank or a rank or 2 below. I mean, imagine spending 10 pips on a Frost Beetle

Even then, though, it wouldn't really matter, seeing as how only Balance can actually use it due to universal blades. The spell would basically be a huge Wild Bolt with a much lower chance of hitting for some worth.

With that said, I have to disagree with this. It's just far too unreliable

It's literally like using Metronome in Pokemon

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I think it is too op.
You are giving some one the power of the entire universe. No one should have that power. Not even superheroes have that power, so why should wizards. That power could get to someone's head

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
i would rather have it to where if it was 7 pips it would cast a 7pip spell, so on with 8pips and 9pips, so you could be a balance or death or whatever and you could get stormlord, i think this is a great idea and it would make allot people pvp with friends just to test their luck, i know i would do this but i have to say though that it should be a min of 6 pips and a max of 9 because the 10 pips spells are too op atm, we'd also need a lvl where you can attain this spell