Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ravenwood glitch?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 02, 2013
Hi. Sometimes when I'm in Ravenwood, it will have black patches, or shadows. Am I the only one with this glitch? I looked for this topic in the message board and I couldnt find this. How do I fix it?

Shannon Firegem, level 19

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sbeans999 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Hi. Sometimes when I'm in Ravenwood, it will have black patches, or shadows. Am I the only one with this glitch? I looked for this topic in the message board and I couldnt find this. How do I fix it?

It happens all the time... is NOT your video card driver or anything else having to do with your computer because it only happens in this one spot. This is a KI issue that has been going on for over 3 years.

And yes, it's been posted tons of times.

You don't fix it - just keep walking, flying, whatever through the dark. It corrects itself.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
sbeans999 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:

This is usually because of the video on your computer not handling the graphics of the game properly.

Usually checking to make sure you video drivers are current resolves this.

Mary

Survivor
Aug 20, 2012
I actually have this glitch with Ravenwood, and a couple of other places. I think it is because the computer loaded it wrong or something.

But I realize when you spin around in the black patch it will go away after a while.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2013
Hi again.
So there's nothing I can do? Ok: Good to know. Thanks just so much :D

Shannon Firegem level 19

Survivor
Oct 02, 2013
Hi.
While we're on the subject of weird shadows, sometimes, rarely for me, in the Commons there is this weird Yellow and Blue shadow that looks like it's a picture but I'm not sure. Is it like the Ravenwood glitch, aka: there is nothing I can do or I can do something? Help please!(again).

Shannon Firegem level 19

P.S. Thanks again for helping with the RW glitch!

Explorer
May 08, 2014
If possible please give us some of your computer details so maybe the community or KL team can assist better. I have NEVER gotten this problem as my computer is pretty decent with mid-high grade video card. I think it is your video card's not handling the graphics, maybe try change different settings or different screen resolutions :) hope that help, good luck!

Survivor
Oct 02, 2013
Ok thanks for letting me know. I had no idea if it was happening to other people or what. Thanks!

Shannon Firegem level20,

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
RavenLady777 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
It happens all the time... is NOT your video card driver or anything else having to do with your computer because it only happens in this one spot. This is a KI issue that has been going on for over 3 years.

And yes, it's been posted tons of times.

You don't fix it - just keep walking, flying, whatever through the dark. It corrects itself.
o: Really? That's weird, the only people I know who have this problem are with old computers, or don't keep their drivers up to date. I'm guessing it's kind of like "Dead Pixies", it's only in one spot. This hasn't happened to me on any of my eight teen characters. Which I've played on four different up to date, higher end, computers. You've left me curious.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Shayden181 on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
o: Really? That's weird, the only people I know who have this problem are with old computers, or don't keep their drivers up to date. I'm guessing it's kind of like "Dead Pixies", it's only in one spot. This hasn't happened to me on any of my eight teen characters. Which I've played on four different up to date, higher end, computers. You've left me curious.
Yes, really. If it were indeed the video card drivers, more that one area of the game would be affected.
My computer may not be "new" but everything is updated and functions perfectly everywhere else in the game, and on every other site as well. I have ALWAYS experienced these issues... almost 4 years into the game.

KI stopped the generic "update you video card drivers" message a while ago so I am guessing that my point is valid.

It could be the realm, could be the time of day...whatever...it's not the drivers or a user-end problem.

By the way, very few of us can afford 4 high end computers, so consider yourself lucky.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I tend to agree that it's a video card issue or something else specific to certain computers. I've never seen this bug and me and my kids all run the game on varying levels of Old to New and laptop and desktop computers both Mac and PC. It's never appeared on any of them, so the logical thing to do would be to find out the system info you are running into these issues on.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
it happens to me alot too i somethimes ignore it and imagine that is night