Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp too unfair?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2011
So today I was doing pvp runs ( I'm a level 100 ice with a rank of Captain ) and I noticing how much I don't block many criticals now. It seems with the update from Aquila and everything after seems to have ruined ice. I mean sure we get tons of fire and storm resist and block, but it's not fair to face balances/myths/deaths who have 5-15 pierce already, using TC infallibles, and then using shrike It's just not really fair for ice now a days because shrike just ruins all resist. Also, where is our block? With the meta gear today block rating should be 240-290 ( rough estimate ). It's not really fair for ice when EVERY other school gets 300-500 critical ( cough storm cough ). I try using TC tower along with normal tower but the criticals that I don't block remove what little bit I have left of the other shield. I just want to know if anyone else has problems with this? Storm seems to spam wild/insane bolt, tempest, and lower pip moves with shrike, and their already too high pierce. I was facing a fire whos critical I didn't block from a 4 pip heckhound, and it did around 3000 PER TICK. I have 72% fire resist, and with his shrike + tc infallible ( and maybe extra pierce from gear I don't know about ) that's around 80%. 80%?!?!?!?! Come on! And also, why does everyone (BUT ICE) get a hat from Khrysalis crafting that gives elemental/spirit resist? This guy had 54% ice resist! With the only thing ice really to pierce is infallible and shrike ( there's no time to use spears or infallible ) i get 50% pierce ONLY. That's not enough to get rid of his resist! And with double towers ( 50 and 55 ) with fortify, I'd be lucky to do even 1k damage on him! Also, our King Artorius spell is a joke. Why does a spell that costs 8 pips only do 1k base with an enchant? Because it gives us a single pip and a spear? I would much rather this give us a shield or another blade ( not a spear ). Some people may argue if you use it at max pips, you can basically just use it again, but it still is pretty weak. Now back to the pierce subject ( because while typing I just remembered this ), storm is TOO OP. I faced a storm who literally had over 100% pierce with shrike tc infall and his new storm crit+pierce bubble, WITHOUT ANY PIERCE. Why does ice get about like 15%? Sure if people focus on critical they have no resist, but what about the jades? Shrike only has 50%, and jade ices can reach 89% ( to my knowledge ) global resist! So while I still die to a critical STORM SNAKE that does 5000 damage because no resist, insane damage boost, and unblockable critical, ice gets to stand there taking what we used to tank, and just throw it off a cliff. I know other people like me see that KI tried to make all schools "equal" but now it's more focused on "if you're lucky, things will go your way" that's basically if you find the right cards, get a shadow pip, shrike, and critical, you win easily. I just wish they would change somethings for ice, we need to be buffed badly.

Survivor
May 04, 2011
Yea a lot of this new stuff they added in is great but makes the game 10x more complicated. I hope the fix out the small bugs quick, they usually do.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Yeah, I have 232 block and I barely ever block any critical, KI should fix this.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
So, Whats the point of having block If you barely ever block?

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Wizard stats: 78 damage, 38 elemental resist & 16 global, 14 accuracy, 431 critical, 300+ elemental block & 249 global block, 71 power pip chance, 18/17 healing boost, 13 pierce.

I've known for a while that my luck was a little worse than the average persons luck. opponent: 320 critical and 137 block, 103 damage. In the end I did win do to a surprise supernova critical but, a few times he blocked me and I only blocked him 2 out of 5 attacks, I constantly have shields up so I didn't die and I happened to get a critical heal in and my complaints are:

I think block and critical shouldn't be so random, I think it should stack. The more critical you have the less likely they block and the more you have the more you critical, but since critical is a very deadly tool I think that if the opponent has more block than you have critical you should NEVER get past it. I also think that 400-450 critical should get past 300 block a few times but not very often; 300 block may not be the best but its sure nothing to laugh at. I'd like to add on one more thing, with all the pierce and critical being flung about I think we should have a defense for this offense that is just as effective. This doesn't happen often but this happened to me with another storm very similar conditions and this happened in the 1st PvP age.

Ryan Owlblade Lvl: 100
Ryan Winterblade Lvl: 94
Ryan Legendblade Lvl: 36

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
PvP really seems to be unfair. Storm seems to be getting more buffed with major critical, damage, and spamming Wild/Insane Bolt, Tempest, even Kraken, Stormzilla, and Lightning Bats doing extreme damage, the once thought overpowered Ice seems to be getting tosses under the bus and Fire isn't far behind Ice with no good utility spell except for Smoke Screen in 2v2. Balance with Loremaster, Mana Burn, and Supernova seems to just overwhelm their opponent, Death has Bad JuJu and seems to be the Storm of the spirit schools, Life has Guardian Spirit making them impossible to kill, and Myth well nothing seems wrong with myth. I think that Insane Bolt should be banned from PvP maybe even Mana Burn and Supernova and possibly take off the Black Mantle or Weakness on Loremaster since well Loremaster is way to powerful for a Rank 4 spell! (Look at Krampus 305-345 +-45 Smoke Screen and look at Loremaster 370-400 something damage +-20 Weakness and -35 accuracy Black Mantle, Fire is supposed to be the second strongest school not Balance but it seems Balance is well on its way to replacing Fire). Kingsisle should make the 3rd Age of PvP soon and make a lot of changes to it.
Megan Frostflame Level 100

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
Balance has always had a HUGE disadvantage in pvp. And it has never been appropriately addressed in my opinion. Regardless of post/pre updates balance has always been ad is still a major underdog in pvp, especially in 1V1. So in my opinion before people start complaining, questioning or crying about their particular school being "nerfed" or weaker, post updates, however you wish to state it, just consider how horrible and underpowered many balance people have felt for a very long time in pvp, especially 1V1.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Covenator1162 on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Balance has always had a HUGE disadvantage in pvp. And it has never been appropriately addressed in my opinion. Regardless of post/pre updates balance has always been ad is still a major underdog in pvp, especially in 1V1. So in my opinion before people start complaining, questioning or crying about their particular school being "nerfed" or weaker, post updates, however you wish to state it, just consider how horrible and underpowered many balance people have felt for a very long time in pvp, especially 1V1.
I do not feel overpowered at all during 1v1! I don't PVP much, I like practice because you get to choose your opponents. But my PVP deck works like a charm.
If you are balance here are some tips:
Okay have like 5 copies of the next spells: Weakness, elemental shield, spirit shield, and judgement. Okay have 3 or 4 of these spells: Mander minion, balance blade, hex, helping hands, and 2 of locust swarm.
And then whatever your side school is you can add a few of those spells in. (I also put life spells and astral spells in there.)
Treasure cards: Fill it up with sandstorm to obliterate minions
Balance is actually good for PVP because you can be really defensive and offensive, with enough health to hang in there. Balance is thought of as a supporting school but really you can just support yourself and become stronger than storm.