Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am i ready for Malistare?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2014
Ok hello everybody ok so i was doing a little dungeon with some friends in Ds (Dragonspyre) and they are all level 50's and 60's, and i am level 48 and we are very close to malistare now.So i was wondering should i do other worlds like grizzleheim i'm already done with Wysteria so yah.?And in Ravenscar in grizzleheim so should i continue because i need better gear and want to face him with my friends but am wondering am i ready?

Blake Level 48

Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
brobrostorm on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Ok hello everybody ok so i was doing a little dungeon with some friends in Ds (Dragonspyre) and they are all level 50's and 60's, and i am level 48 and we are very close to malistare now.So i was wondering should i do other worlds like grizzleheim i'm already done with Wysteria so yah.?And in Ravenscar in grizzleheim so should i continue because i need better gear and want to face him with my friends but am wondering am i ready?

Blake Level 48
you should if you have those friends

Champion
Jul 13, 2013

Blake Level 48
If you go with your friends that are the right level, that's fine. Just make sure you are at least level 50 when you get to Celestia because you need critical rating.
Your level would be hard to solo places, but just make sure you have questing buddies and you'll turn out fine.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It really depends on your skill level. My wizards all finished Dragonspyre at level 45 and soloed Malistaire. I usually do Grizzleheim and Wintertusk afterwards. Celestia is a pretty big leap in difficulty from DS. I do Celestia up to the Floating lands so I can get the crafting quest to allow me to make Wintertusk gear, then finish off WT before continuing Celestia.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
Malistare is a very easy boss to fight. He has three death minions who are quite the headache, but, nonetheless easy to kill. Since you have friends tagging along, it will be very easy to take him out. I believe he has about 7k life? I think? It's been forever since I have fought him. I do not think he cheats, being storm and not having much life I advise you to pack a lot of heals. One person focus on healing while the others focus on blades and hits. But yeah, if you need help just let me know, I will jump on and help ya, I have nothing else better to do. lol I have a level 99 death so we could fly through malistare rather quickly. Take it easy. Hope I helped some.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Nah your fine, just bring other wizards with you. It is common for balance and storm wizards to arrive at places early. Good luck

Grace

Survivor
Nov 21, 2013
I'm sure you'll do fine in the malistare dungeon, with you and your friends. I do recommend continuing the world of Grizzlehiem and beating Wintertusk though, if you craft you should get the Wintertusk crafted gear.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Your around the average level to me. I was over level in my opinion though, I was 56 when I got there with my . Be sure to get a full group to go though, I wouldn't solo the Great Spyre until at least Archmage area, so good luck on the quest, "The Final Countdown".

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 74

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Malistaire isn't much of a challenge, on my character I faced him at level 46 and had no issues. The real thing to worry about is Celestia which you might want to level up for. If you don't want to go to side worlds and lvl up/do side quests, then you can get some questing partners and you will be fine.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary

Survivor
Feb 04, 2014

Blake Level 48
Blake did your friends do Grizzleheim and Wintertusk already? I beat Malistare at level 46 then got to level 48 then I did Grizzleheim and Wintertusk and started Celestia at level 55. So you are doing just fine, I would do grizzleheim and Wintertusk after Malistare. You will have a little trouble but then celestia will be easy for you. Hope this helps!

Lail MythBane Level 70

Survivor
Jun 01, 2014
Yes my friends have all finished both Grizzleheim and Wintertusk and I'm just today started Wintertusk and going to the second area and i can defeat those guys easily like they are in celestia unless they're ice then i have a little trouble

Survivor
Jun 01, 2014
Survivor
Jun 01, 2014
lailmythbane the master of myths yes my friends did do those both worlds but now they already ditched me so i'm solo now because i was slowing them down with wintertusk

Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
The Big Dipper on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Malistare is a very easy boss to fight. He has three death minions who are quite the headache, but, nonetheless easy to kill. Since you have friends tagging along, it will be very easy to take him out. I believe he has about 7k life? I think? It's been forever since I have fought him. I do not think he cheats, being storm and not having much life I advise you to pack a lot of heals. One person focus on healing while the others focus on blades and hits. But yeah, if you need help just let me know, I will jump on and help ya, I have nothing else better to do. lol I have a level 99 death so we could fly through malistare rather quickly. Take it easy. Hope I helped some.
i think malistare has 10k health

Survivor
Jun 06, 2012

Blake Level 48
hmm, i think that being a level 48 is perfect, but if you keep having problems with the dungeon, i perfer that the "team up' option.