Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Morganthe's Amulets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I have been playing wizard101 for about 5 years.

I am writing to you today about gear. Specifically, I am writing about the distressing disparity between the gear which can be purchased from the Crown Shop verses the gear which takes many, many, many hours to farm. The two big examples right now are the incredible amulets which Morganthe almost never drops, and the Hades gear. As you know Hades is long, and Morganthe drops her amulets only rarely. Even on those rare occasions when she does give up an amulet, there’s a less than 20% chance of getting the one you want.

I request that you closely consider making all of Morganthe’s school amulets available in the Crow Shop, perhaps for the same price as a Mastery Amulet. I know I’d be delighted to buy a few amulets for 10,000 Crowns a piece. I can’t be alone.

As an adult with a job and a family, I simply do not have the time necessary to obtain all of Morganthe’s amulets via farming her hundreds of times. I’d also buy a lot of the Hades gear (or something comparable), if you were to make it available for purchase. By the way, most of the people I’ve asked agree that the new level 100 Crown gear is feeble compared to most Hades and Poseidon drops.

I cannot be the only working adult who would gladly spend real money on Morganthe amulets and on gear that would enable us to compete with the people who do have time to farm for several hours a day.

For the good of frustrated farmers and even more for the many working adults who love your game but who have limited time, please give this letter serious consideration.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
Does anyone have an opinion about Morganthe drop rates?

Would anyone else buy Morganthe amulets for 10,000 Crowns?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dropped gear shouldn't be turned into crown gear. It's a battle that takes only about 10 minutes, the drop rates can't possibly be raised much or it's no longer rare. Drops are not as rare as you think also. I have gotten 5 fire amulets, 2 ice and 1 myth. I don't really farm that much anymore either, but when I do I see people get amulets daily, generally not the school they might have liked, but that's just luck. The items ARE dropping though.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Kingsisle makes it very very difficult if not next to impossible for any average player to get anything good in the game, unless you quit your normal day job and farm in W101 as a full-time job.

There is nothing in the Bazaar that even comes close to comparison. Forget shopping there after L58. The crown gear, as expensive as some of it is, has horrible stats (especially the upper level stuff). It's only good for stitching for looks these days. Pack gear drop rates have decreased over the last year. In the pack gear, the higher level you are when you redeem it, the worse the stats are.

Don't believe that Morganthe takes about 10 minutes. It takes much longer than that for the average player.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
It's nice to see some responses on this topic. I quite agree with Geographer. I am a working adult with a family; it does seem that to have top-shelf gear, one has to play full-time, instead of working. I can do Morganthe in 10-15 minutes. I keep logs, and I am zero amulets in last 25 hours. I can live with the Hades gear being nearly impossible to get for people who have lives outside of W101, but the Morganthe amulets are making me angry! School Mastery Amulets are a rare drop, BUT they can also be purchased. I'd like to see Morganthe Amulets be obtained in the same 2 ways: rare drop or hefty Crown purchase.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I made the mistake of referring to Brynnerofreign by his rank rather than his name. Sorry. His comment is worthy of notice.

I have been playing this game almost daily for 2 hours a night since Nov. 2009. It's my relaxation before sleep routine. For 5 years this game has a been a source of fun and relaxation.

It's difficult to do Hades in 2 hours, and 2 hours a day with Morganthe for the past month has produced only a single amulet. It's fact--not opinion--that good gear has become virtually impossible to obtain by people who only have a couple hours a day to play.

Consequently, this game has ceased to be for me a source of fun and relaxation. It has become a source of stress and frustration.

KI seems to have no interest in selling GOOD gear for Crowns. (I'd be delighted to buy a few Morganthe amulets for 10,000 Crowns each, and I'd spend money on good level 100 gear, if there were in the Crown Shop.) I am about to take my money and 2 hours a day of free time somewhere else. Any helpful comments out there? Anyone else feeling a similar frustration?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
Kingsisle makes it very very difficult if not next to impossible for any average player to get anything good in the game, unless you quit your normal day job and farm in W101 as a full-time job.

There is nothing in the Bazaar that even comes close to comparison. Forget shopping there after L58. The crown gear, as expensive as some of it is, has horrible stats (especially the upper level stuff). It's only good for stitching for looks these days. Pack gear drop rates have decreased over the last year. In the pack gear, the higher level you are when you redeem it, the worse the stats are.

Don't believe that Morganthe takes about 10 minutes. It takes much longer than that for the average player.
You keep saying it doesn't take about 10-15 minutes, yet nearly every single run with random teamups ends in round 8-11 for me. And I'm not the attacker in any of them lately, I've been running Balance just buffing, healing and tank. I don't know why it's taking so much longer for some. I see the same parties of players cycling out just be before me all the time, so others must be doing it in the same time frame too.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
By the way, I want to state clearly that I greatly appreciate and respect KI. The fact that they allow people to express their frustrations deserves admiration. They have been very good to me in the past. I fully expect that once they are aware of the gear plight faced by some of their adult players (and no doubt some of their young players also) they will do something to address the situation.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I farmed Morganthe for 12 hours last week. That's on top of the previous 25 hours since I got my one only amulet from her. This is now beyond ridiculous! I am on the verge of leaving this game which I have played almost daily for about 5 years. Playing now leaves me angry, instead of relaxed!

KI, if you're not going to sell the Morganthe amulets for Crowns--and make a whale of a lot of money from so doing--then please make it possible to craft them. Or, as you did with the WaterWorks gear and the alternative of excellent WinterTusk Crafted gear, how about making crafted amulets which are comparable to the ones dropped by Morganthe? Or, sell for Crowns amulets which are as good but slightly different. I can't be the only loyal, long time who is frustrated to the point of leaving the game. Please do SOMETHING!

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
Am I the only person frustrated by the drop rate of Morganthe amulets and the lack of alternatives available through crafting or the Crown Shop?

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Although I did get my amulet, I can't get my athame. I've been farming for hours and hours and hours but I haven't seen a SINGLE athame. Not even from other schools. I've got three different amulets from her, but no Athame? How does that work?