Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fights fights and, oh yeah; fights.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
Hello. Um every time I walk around Marleybone I get in a fight. There is literally no way to avoid it. I have to walk so slowly on the edges. Also, when I was standing in front of a dungeon, (on the little circles) I got in a fight! Does anyone have any tips to avoid this?

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Hi! I have one or two tips about this issue. First, you want to wait and see where the NPCs spawn from. Then, cautiously walk around at try to stick to the side or move to the other side of the NPC. As for the dungeon, that never happened to me before. Try to go on a busier realm, there might be less NPCs ( or more lol ) . Just try your best to avoid them. I know its hard...

Sorry I'm not that good at advice for this, but I tried!

Level 44 1/2 Fire Wizard, Chelsea RedRiver

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Mel8216 on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Hello. Um every time I walk around Marleybone I get in a fight. There is literally no way to avoid it. I have to walk so slowly on the edges. Also, when I was standing in front of a dungeon, (on the little circles) I got in a fight! Does anyone have any tips to avoid this?
Easily: Stop. Wait. Watch then go.

It's not hard at all... watch how the mobs move - there is a pattern. Move when there is an opening.

I haven't gotten pulled into a duel in years because I've learned to take my time.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Here's what I do.
Warning: this doesn't work for a dungeon because it will delete your progress.
I press escape and exit the game, wait a few seconds, then enter again. While it is loading I hold down my finger on the arrow on the keyboard of which way I want to go. Then when the game stops loading, I actually end up somewhere else, away from those monsters.

Myrna Dragoncloud, Grandmaster

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I've taught myself how to walk easily in marleybone in just a few weeks. Here's what I do. Go all the way to one side of the street: left or right, depending on where you have to go or what side you prefer so going straight. Once you're ALL the way on the left or right, see the line next to your character? It's to your wizards right if you chose left, or it should be on the left side if you chose right. Just don't pass the line and walk. For the wooden platforms just wait for the enemies to walk down or up first, and then you walk. OR, if you trust yourself, you can walk all the way against the side of the wooden platform while the enemies are walking on it. I suggest you only do this with slower ones, such at the rats and cats. The clockworks are fast, and are risky to try that. Hope this helps

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I rarely get caught in battles anymore, I just try to stay as close to the edge as possible. Just try to stay really close to the edge and be careful! I hope this is helpful!

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
A few tips for not getting sucked into a battle are.. 1. watch before you go, I know its a lot slower but its better than getting sucked into battle right? that's really the only tip I can think of but, it really does help!