Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 55 spell

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
For storm, is the spell insane bolt really useful? IF there is a good use for it, please post it here because to me, 1,000 damage isn't that good of a trade-off for a chance at dying. Also, I mostly play PvE

Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
glowstorm13 on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
For storm, is the spell insane bolt really useful? IF there is a good use for it, please post it here because to me, 1,000 damage isn't that good of a trade-off for a chance at dying. Also, I mostly play PvE

Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster
I personally only used it until it back fired on me then retired it. Not worth the risk of immediate defeat. Fun to watch when it does good damage on monsters but annoying when it reverses on you.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
No it's not really that useful in PvE but you need to learn it anyways to get higher level spells like Enfeeble and Healing Current which are more useful. Also, Insane Bolt isn't really all that "insane". It only kills you about 20% of the time. With high attack boost and some blades/traps it can do an incredible amount of damage with low pips.