Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Gear explanation

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
Tried looking this up and was hit with "no results found".

For balance gear:
When the gear boosts balance, does it boost the elemental (hydra) and spirit (chimera) spells that are balance as well or only spells that are balance power only (like Judgement/Ra)?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Attack boosts from gear and global effects affect spells based on what school the spell is.
Blades and traps affect whatever school the damage the spell does.
So casting Hydra/Chimera will use your Balance School damage boost, plus any traps or blades for the Elemental/Spirit schools corresponding to those spells. It will not use any gear boosts for those other schools.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Balance gear will boost any balance spell, regardless of what school damage it does.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Kimberly Mistheart on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:

For balance gear:
When the gear boosts balance, does it boost the elemental (hydra) and spirit (chimera) spells that are balance as well or only spells that are balance power only (like Judgement/Ra)?
Altho I could test this by fighting the same monster with and then with out boost gear on I believe the answer is, yes all balance spells are boosted. Which only is fair and makes sense to me.

Mary

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
Kimberly Mistheart on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:

For balance gear:
Due to the fact that the individual school blades only activate when the specific school damage is done (e.g. Fireblade is activated when the fire head of Hydra attacks) I believe that balance damage does not boost spells like Hydra and Chimera. However, I have never tested this before. This is quite a good question.

-Sean Firesword

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sean Firesword on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
Due to the fact that the individual school blades only activate when the specific school damage is done (e.g. Fireblade is activated when the fire head of Hydra attacks) I believe that balance damage does not boost spells like Hydra and Chimera. However, I have never tested this before. This is quite a good question.

-Sean Firesword
As I explained, you are mistaken. Gear and Globals boost the SCHOOL of the spell card not the type of damage done. Blades, traps and prism boost based on type of damage.