Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I am a magus storm wizard training in three secondary schools. I have trained life to spirit armor (don't know about satyr) but don't know if I will be getting a mastery amulet. I trained ice to tower shield and am currently trying to train death to feint. I also want to get reshuffle, and all the sun damage boosts (or should I do accuracy boosts)? Along with that, I am planning on training some star auras. Can you train whichever ones you want or do you have to get all of them to get spells like infallible (and the school specific ones)? Finally, I don't know whether to train sabrina greenstar's shields. My main question is: will I run out of training points?
If so, which spells should I skip? Thanks for the replies
Sarai Thunderstrider
Magus

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Star School Auras are unlike Moon and Sun, you can pick and choose, there is no order in which you have to learn them. My level 100 Storm learned the following:
to Satyr 8pts (wouldn't go that high without Life Mastery)
to Feint 7pts
to Tower Shield + Stun Block 6pts
to Fire Elf 3pts
Elemental Blade, Trap, Spear and Reshuffle 4pts
Damage to Colossal + Sharpen and Potent 7pts
Vengence, Berserk and Galvanic Field 3pts

I still have 7 training points left over, so running out isn't going to be any issue if you do all the training point side quiests on every world. You can earn a total of 45 training points at level 100.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Stick to that plan. That's exactly what my storm did. If you get a life mastery, eventually you will replace it with something else because storm eventually can get "healing current" which is way better since I almost always critical on it. I trained all 80% shields for each school, trained fortify, infallible, galvanic field, all the damage sun school spells, tower, and feint. Eventually you'll also want sharpened blade and potent trap. Shrike is the main shadow spell that I recommend getting eventually, the new "shadow creatures" are a little disappointing except Dark Nova but in PvE there's no practical use for it to be honest. You're stronger than the shadow is.

But to answer your question, definitely stick with what you have planned. So long as you do all the side quests and zeke quests that offer training points, you'll have enough to get by.

-The RavenCatcher

Survivor
May 31, 2014
glowstorm13 on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
I am a magus storm wizard training in three secondary schools. I have trained life to spirit armor (don't know about satyr) but don't know if I will be getting a mastery amulet. I trained ice to tower shield and am currently trying to train death to feint. I also want to get reshuffle, and all the sun damage boosts (or should I do accuracy boosts)? Along with that, I am planning on training some star auras. Can you train whichever ones you want or do you have to get all of them to get spells like infallible (and the school specific ones)? Finally, I don't know whether to train sabrina greenstar's shields. My main question is: will I run out of training points?
If so, which spells should I skip? Thanks for the replies
Sarai Thunderstrider
Magus
Overall, I would suggest using this training point caculator from duelist101. Here's the site: http://www.duelist101.com/tp_calc.php

Though, I have some specific answers for some of them:
(Btw they are not all in a specific order)
1. NO DO NOT GET THE SHIELDS FROM SABRINA!! They (in my opinion and probably a lot of other peoples opinions) not worth it. That's why you train tower shield.

2. I am pretty sure about the star school auras you don't have to get all of them. You just get whichever you want,.. So yea

3.YES, you will run out of training points. So you must use them wisely.

4. Yes, go up to Satyr. But only do so when you have life mastery.
And I think that's it.. Hope this helped

P.S. Nice on choosing not just one school for a secondary! Very good idea :)

Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
You can pick and choose which star auras you want to learn. As for the sun enchantments, I won't tell you which to go for, but know that you do have to buy the lower level ones first to get to the higher level ones. I would recommend not training Sabrina's shields as it sounds like you have a pretty good amount of dual shields (-70% to the other 2 schools in that magic's section) from what you are training so far, and Sabrina's shields only give you one shield that doesn't block a lot more but still a little more. Unless you wanted to do PVP, in which case I wouldn't know. As for whether you will run out of training points, you should be able to just have enough if I'm not mistaken, but you won't be able to get all of the star/sun spells you want right when you get to celestia, if you are trying to train death to feint. You will have to keep coming back as you go into further worlds.(And going forward, since there are some star/sun/moon spells in Azteca). Best of luck to you in all of your studies.

Bladed Seraph