Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets, game patches and leveling up.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 11, 2013
It seems in one of the latest patches it's now 10 energy points to level your pet up from Epic to Mega. That's fine I guess it's just going to take me longer.
I DO have a request though in regards to pet training then.
Do a programming patch for the training games. The maze game.... If you manage to make the run through the maze and get 100 snacks or more...give us an extra experience point for our pets. The Gobbler game where you shoot your pet out of a cannon to knock down gobbler castles. If you manage to do it in 4 shots or less..an extra experience point. The cannon game. If you manage to get 3 bullseyes an extra experience point. The obstacle course If you can run the course with 2 or 3 mistakes or less..an extra experience point.

I've been ruminating on this one for a while. Especially as it regards the maze game.

Thanks for listening. Oh! almost forgot. How about a rideable grendel mount?

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
It has always been the same since mega was introduced. Bonus energy from games would be nice.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
TheCurlyWolf on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
It seems in one of the latest patches it's now 10 energy points to level your pet up from Epic to Mega. That's fine I guess it's just going to take me longer.
Do a programming patch for the training games. The maze game.... If you manage to make the run through the maze and get 100 snacks or more...give us an extra experience point for our pets. The Gobbler game where you shoot your pet out of a cannon to knock down gobbler castles. If you manage to do it in 4 shots or less..an extra experience point. The cannon game. If you manage to get 3 bullseyes an extra experience point. The obstacle course If you can run the course with 2 or 3 mistakes or less..an extra experience point.

I've been ruminating on this one for a while. Especially as it regards the maze game.

It's always been 10 points to level from Epic to Mega. There was no change.
The change you are requesting will likely not happen, and is not a patch, it's an entire rewriting of how pet training works.

I do like the mount idea.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
TheCurlyWolf on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:

This is an awesome idea, I love the maze and gobbler game ideas. This could easily be done and would make these games much more exciting. Maybe also, the maze and way of the ninja pig courses should change each time you run through. They are way too easy when everything is predictable.

Grace DreamRider
Pet Warlord

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It's been 10 energy points since mega came out for the pets, it's not a recent patch.

With all the games, I think there should be more experience points. Getting 0-4 points just isn't feasible, especially when training a pet to mega, which takes 2000 points. There needs to be an upgrade to the point system, the amount of energy it takes, plus the lower level snack points need to be increased (for those who don't/can't garden for rank 8 or 9 snacks).

It's a lot of work and energy for young wizards, especially since the reward points for games and even the snacks are seriously lacking.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's always been 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 for leveling pets. I don't think those are hard enough to give extra points. For example none of the castles you knock down with pets requires more than 3 shots, most can be done in 1 or 2. An extra point for an outstanding score is fine, but it should be outstanding, not something you can easily do everytime.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
RavenLady777 on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
It's always been 10 points to level from Epic to Mega. There was no change.
The change you are requesting will likely not happen, and is not a patch, it's an entire rewriting of how pet training works.

I do like the mount idea.
In reverse. Yes, I like the mount idea too. which is why this is the 2nd time I've suggested it. :)

As for the points. Really? Never leveled up a pet past epic so *shrug* and someone told me somewhere that it was 8 pts straight through from Ancient to mega.. As for a complete change of how it works? Funny I thought it was just a simple bit of additional coding.. Since to use the maze as an example, anything under..50 or 60 snacks only nets you 3 experience points. So how is adding an ADDITIONAL experience point above 100 snacks completely rewriting? It's not a complete rewrite. It's simply adding some additional lines of code to the already existing code

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
seethe42 on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
It's always been 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 for leveling pets. I don't think those are hard enough to give extra points. For example none of the castles you knock down with pets requires more than 3 shots, most can be done in 1 or 2. An extra point for an outstanding score is fine, but it should be outstanding, not something you can easily do everytime.
Odd...since my own experience is different. OTOH I tend to use the central castle[or the two to the right] choice to knock down. And with the wind factored into it I can rarely do it in less than 4-6 shots.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
I wish that we could just feed our pet snacks without doing the pet games. I hate doing pet games it bores me so much but just if we could feed them snacks, and just have it take away our energy like if we were doing a pet game cause 4 xp for the entire game just isn't really worth it to me.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
seethe42 on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
I agree maybe a 1 shot on the castle game should deserve it that's really it though i mean its not hard at all to do these games at all.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Many games are not worth the time and effort to get a measly 4xp. Should be worth more--especially Way of the Ninja Pig.

This is why hoards of players go to the dance game and force their pets to fail three times in a row, thus ending game. Takes almost no effort, and is fast. It's against the spirit of the game, but I totally understand why they do it. There's no incentive. Game rewards are stingy.

A simple code edit is all that the original poster is suggesting, not a complete renovation. So, KI, here's an opportunity to restore customer confidence!