Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let's Talk Alchemy

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
We've almost all heard of Alchemy one way or another. Some people found it existed in Firecat Alley, others found out about it because those people were practically foaming at the mouth of the possibilities of this potential new school. And today, I had another idea themed around the thought of Alchemy. The Science Triad. The theory of elements, spirits & a cosmic balance has been around since before the Aztecs, then we found out about Alchemy later on, as did people in history; soon after we realised the Astral Triad also exists. As the game progresses in time, I think it could be time for science spells in a science themed world. These new schools would be Physics, Chemistry & Biology. Physics<Biology<Chemistry<Physics, and so forth, the lesser school in the equation being weaker against the larger school. I know this will almost definitely not make it into the game, but here goes putting my mind into a forum.

Physics: In real life, physics consists of many things, energies, magnetism, forces, weight, etc. Basically anything that manipulates another thing. That is why the school of Physics would have mainly manipulation spells, including Momentum (makes the target feel approx. 10% of next attack they cast), Magnetism (The ally you select & your next spells merge together to deal more damage in 1 round) & Gravitational Pull (the next spell [positive or negative] will automatically go to the target you select {MC doesn't count}). You get the idea of what these spells could do, and spells affected by Physics spells will also deal Physics damage. They do boost damage against Chemistry, because Chemistry couldn't exist without Physics, but Biology resists them, because without biological creatures to observe Physics, it would not exist. The school colours are red & silver, and the symbol is a magnet.

Biology: In real life, biology is the study of living & dead creatures & their internal bodies, and biologists break down and recreate creatures too. Biology would work different from other schools, as you would learn original spells, such as Toad or Lion, but you could also talk to a Biology teacher to join the two, to create a 'hybrid card', such as Li-oad, which would be weaker than the two of them used separately, but has the same affect as the two of the spells together. For example, a Toad could have a damage & DoT affect, while an Owl could have a heal affect & a blade, so a To-wl would do less damage & less damage DoT than Toad, but would also have a weaker heal & weaker blade from Owl. Combining the best of the two of them. In order to make sure people couldn't use them to be overpowered, the more powerful the spell, the higher the pips, and the lower the pips, the weaker the spell. They would do boost damage against Physics, because Physics wouldn't exist without Biology, and Chemistry would resist them, because biological beings are made up of chemicals. The school colours are green & white, and the symbol's a tree.

I'll cont. later.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
We've almost all heard of Alchemy one way or another. Some people found it existed in Firecat Alley, others found out about it because those people were practically foaming at the mouth of the possibilities of this potential new school. And today, I had another idea themed around the thought of Alchemy. The Science Triad. The theory of elements, spirits & a cosmic balance has been around since before the Aztecs, then we found out about Alchemy later on, as did people in history; soon after we realised the Astral Triad also exists. As the game progresses in time, I think it could be time for science spells in a science themed world. These new schools would be Physics, Chemistry & Biology. Physics<Biology<Chemistry<Physics, and so forth, the lesser school in the equation being weaker against the larger school. I know this will almost definitely not make it into the game, but here goes putting my mind into a forum.

Physics: In real life, physics consists of many things, energies, magnetism, forces, weight, etc. Basically anything that manipulates another thing. That is why the school of Physics would have mainly manipulation spells, including Momentum (makes the target feel approx. 10% of next attack they cast), Magnetism (The ally you select & your next spells merge together to deal more damage in 1 round) & Gravitational Pull (the next spell [positive or negative] will automatically go to the target you select {MC doesn't count}). You get the idea of what these spells could do, and spells affected by Physics spells will also deal Physics damage. They do boost damage against Chemistry, because Chemistry couldn't exist without Physics, but Biology resists them, because without biological creatures to observe Physics, it would not exist. The school colours are red & silver, and the symbol is a magnet.

Biology: In real life, biology is the study of living & dead creatures & their internal bodies, and biologists break down and recreate creatures too. Biology would work different from other schools, as you would learn original spells, such as Toad or Lion, but you could also talk to a Biology teacher to join the two, to create a 'hybrid card', such as Li-oad, which would be weaker than the two of them used separately, but has the same affect as the two of the spells together. For example, a Toad could have a damage & DoT affect, while an Owl could have a heal affect & a blade, so a To-wl would do less damage & less damage DoT than Toad, but would also have a weaker heal & weaker blade from Owl. Combining the best of the two of them. In order to make sure people couldn't use them to be overpowered, the more powerful the spell, the higher the pips, and the lower the pips, the weaker the spell. They would do boost damage against Physics, because Physics wouldn't exist without Biology, and Chemistry would resist them, because biological beings are made up of chemicals. The school colours are green & white, and the symbol's a tree.

I'll cont. later.
Chemistry: In real life, Chemistry is the study of elements, substances, chemicals & reactions between things. In the game, Chemistry would have spells that would work a bit like enchantments, but adding certain effects, such as Acid might add a DoT to the spell, for a cost of pips, and Medicine might add a healing effect to the caster, and Negative Reaction could add a random negative effect to the target. These would all cost pips, that would add on to the pip cost of the enchanted spell (can't work on X-pip spells). They would do boost damage against Biology, because Biology couldn't exist without Chemistry, but Physics would resist them, because without Physics, Chemistry wouldn't exist.

The Triad: The three schools would have schools in the futuristic world that they'd originate from, in some sort of 'Lab Area', or, they could even come from a hidden area in MB. The teachers would actually be teachers, like famous people from that area of Science. A physics teacher, for example, could be Isaac Newton, and a chemistry teacher could be Frederic Bunsen. If I find time to do so, I will try to post more about this theoretical triad, until then, bye.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
For sure, Alchemy shouldn't be turned into a school. Well, even if it was I'd still probably use it since I'm looking for a new school other than storm and death.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I appreciate the thought of a Science Triad, that's very creative; but with all due respect, you can't pair "Science" and "Magic." That's a basic contradiction in terms. There's no "magic" step in the scientific method, and if there is, well ... that's not science anymore, it's something else.

Seems like what you're describing is more akin to alchemic and druidic magics. Cool ideas.