Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell request: Counter to trap stack

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
PvP King on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
In my personal way of taking down a Jade, probably because I main as a Balance wizard, is solely reliant on using Feint. The Jade sometimes does use Empower and such, but I can counter afterwards with a Mana Burn and deal quite a lot of damage, especially if I critical. There's also the amazing fact that they can run out too. If you put in a spell that removes all traps from self, then Balance wizards have a problem. Balanceblade is 25%, enchanting it (takes up space and is a waste for most Balance wizards) makes it 35%, then there's 20% from Bladestorm, 30% from it again, a possible 30% from Dragonblade, and that's about all you've got, while the Jade already has Earthquakes most likely or Enfeeble. I'm sorry, but as much as I want to take traps off myself, I just can't agree with making a spell for it. If Jades get ahold of that spell plus Earthquake, there's nearly no solutions to defeating them, unless you're capable of maintaining a pierce bubble and Infallible, which often will be denied by Fortify and a Sanctuary because Jade wizards don't keep offensive spells in their deck anyway.
I see, my answer to jade is usually a damage spike lock down using Nova/Doom. It is mostly independent of buff stacking in general. You raise a good point in terms of a jade using this spell but I definitely see the utility of this spell especially since the reshuffle change means that there is very little you can do late game against trap stack to shatter.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
I see, my answer to jade is usually a damage spike lock down using Nova/Doom. It is mostly independent of buff stacking in general. You raise a good point in terms of a jade using this spell but I definitely see the utility of this spell especially since the reshuffle change means that there is very little you can do late game against trap stack to shatter.
Yeah, I myself have troubles with Jades stacking traps and Bad Juju on me and I do see a good use of this spell. You're right though, getting a good damage spike then Doom locking is the general and better idea against a Jade, but against one who constantly uses Guardian Spirit and Sanctuary the proper thing to do is a OHKO while trying to use Doom and Gloom. Except I think the spell is too risky to give to one side or the other, as much as I want to remove traps off myself, the Jade can do it too.

I do agree that there should be a spell like that, though, but I think it should take off any non-universal traps, what do you think on that?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
PvP King on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, I myself have troubles with Jades stacking traps and Bad Juju on me and I do see a good use of this spell. You're right though, getting a good damage spike then Doom locking is the general and better idea against a Jade, but against one who constantly uses Guardian Spirit and Sanctuary the proper thing to do is a OHKO while trying to use Doom and Gloom. Except I think the spell is too risky to give to one side or the other, as much as I want to remove traps off myself, the Jade can do it too.

I do agree that there should be a spell like that, though, but I think it should take off any non-universal traps, what do you think on that?
I dont like this idea as it gives a distinct advantage to balance and death. However I have come up with an idea that is more palatable.

Name: Storm Surge
Type: Manipulation
School: Storm(crafted)
Pips:3
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: Remove all negative wards from self, deal 100 damage to opponent per negative ward removed.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
I dont like this idea as it gives a distinct advantage to balance and death. However I have come up with an idea that is more palatable.

Name: Storm Surge
Type: Manipulation
School: Storm(crafted)
Pips:3
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: Remove all negative wards from self, deal 100 damage to opponent per negative ward removed.
Yeah, but there's already simple solutions like Empower for Balance/Death's traps. And no, I don't think a spell like this should be doing damage per trap, but if it does, it should have a damage limit.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
PvP King on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, but there's already simple solutions like Empower for Balance/Death's traps. And no, I don't think a spell like this should be doing damage per trap, but if it does, it should have a damage limit.
The reason I made it do damage per trap is that it completely ruins a jades setup if he/she uses it as a cleric. If a jade clears traps from itself then he will simultaneously destroy his own feint stack. I also made it damage per trap since the players who stack multiple traps are jades so it would act as a control measure. The average player does not trap stack beyond 3 traps so they would be taking very limited damage from this kind of spell.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
The reason I made it do damage per trap is that it completely ruins a jades setup if he/she uses it as a cleric. If a jade clears traps from itself then he will simultaneously destroy his own feint stack. I also made it damage per trap since the players who stack multiple traps are jades so it would act as a control measure. The average player does not trap stack beyond 3 traps so they would be taking very limited damage from this kind of spell.
Yeah, I was thinking about that, but it's just as bad for the non-jade player as well. Most don't use blades against Jades very often because they carry Myth mastery amulets for Earthquake, so they're forced to trap stacking. But I guess it could work, I mean, there has to be one side to win against a Jade, right?