Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-30-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi folks! It's Friday again, and you know what that means!

Let's get right to it and talk about monsters! In all of the Spiral, what is your favorite monster to fight, and why?

Happy Friday, and have a wonderful weekend! Until next time!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
I love to fight luska cause he's not that strong and he drops some great stuff like life mastery :D

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
I would have to say anything as long as it isn't of my own school. But if I had to choose a favorite one, I think I would have to go with the spiders, doesn't matter the school. A dead spider, is a good spider, in my opinion, lol.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Honestly I think it's morganthe now and the shadow. The fight then the animation of how the shadow came to be with cob leading you along really released a whole new twist on the story line.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I like fighting all of the dragonspyre bosses. The aspect of a school like Ravenwood in another world in the spiral is very cool, and helping out the wizards reclaim their territory from Malistaire's evil minions is a part of the collective quest line which I actually understand!

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
My favorite, I guess, would be Halfang in Vestrilund (Wintertusk). He is a quick, easy way to make fairly decent gold in a relatively short time. His drops are frequent and sometimes you're lucky enough to get the Moon Pearl Amulet which sells for approximately 8,000 gold. Now, if you're talking about fighting a boss just for the sheer pleasure of the challenge, I do enjoy fighting the final boss of Khrysalis part 2, Morganth. She is a challenge, keeps me on my toes, and has pretty good drops to boot! :D

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
I really don't like fighting any of them. I try to talk to them and settle things peacefully but they attack me and I'm forced to defend myself.
Why can't we all just get along?

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Personally, I don't have a favorite Monster, but rather it's all in a dungeon! It's Kensington Park, because I like soloing the place since I'm a Storm Wizard, it gives me a challenge. Also, it's because there are 3 enemies joining in a battle, and how the enemies are running ALONG the edges, instead of running through the center.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
Definitely Halfang Bristlecrown. He's the fasted boss by far to farm to get tons of gold. I just wish he were easier to get to x.x

Community Leader
My favorite monster right now is the Ogre boss in Caer Lyon. I can kill it in about 3 turns with my damage deck and the drop chance for EMPs is nice.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Hmmmm, I love battles (not collecting quests, I despise those!!!!!) and my favorite bosses to fight are pretty much any boss in Azteca since they have really cool appearances, challenging cheats, and great drops. One of my favorite bosses to fight there is Cipactli, the alligator who does charm and ward dance because it is fun and challenging, it tests your strategy skills and prediction abilities.
Grace DreamRider
82 (or 83, I can't remember)

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
I love to fight luska cause he's not that strong and he drops some great stuff like life mastery :D. If you can thank you!

Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
I believe we all have preferences and I would say I prefer to fight loremaster because you met many new people and also can or might get a spell drop or at least a tc spell to those who are willing to craft their spells.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Best enemy to fight would probably be malistair. The first one, not the one in azteca. Simply put that he was the villian that got me to join the game, and gave me an amazing sense of accomplishment once i beat him.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Life school. They don't have anything that knocks off my blades and annoys me, and I boost on them. (They used to be really annoying because of death shield, but now they never cast it )

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Well i found the morganthe battles and the gallery battles to be quite epic But as much as i dont farm him much i did manage to pick up a amulet of divine infulence from hade the unseen on my fire.

May the fire always shine bright
Austin Firecaster Lv100 Exalted Pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 10, 2012
My Favorite boss so far because i have not finished the story yet is zues skyfather I like fighting him and i don't solo this boss but he drops good gear I am level 50 and still using his gear

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
I love to fight the Loremaster (how you get the badge?) and the boss in Tanglewood, Wysteria.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
I love all the monsters in wizard101
but the Dark faries would have to be my favourite
because i love Death school the most,

Amydarkcloud

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Syslter Glowstorm for the waterworks gear.
Sarai Thunderstrider

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
malistaire, because:

-he's awesome sauce;
-the story was still good back then;
-i have hated morganthe for the past 5 worlds;
-my main wiz is balance and can easily counter his weakness-spamming;
-his shiny new outfit from az; i want it, and those wings.

-von "death makes you die, but it makes mally more awesome" shadowsong

exalted
promethean
legendary
grandmaster
magus

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
I really like the Gladiator Dimacherus fights. He's both challenging and lighthearted.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Hmmmmmm... Tough choice...

I have to say...

Jabberwock! Wait, he's a Boss...

Aha! Good old Ninja Pigs, I just love them!

Katie Moonflame, girl of

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
OH such a hard question. Just one? I love all boss fights, especially the cheat ones. When they cheat, I just want to smash them harder.

Moros was really fun. It reminded me of the cool spooky boss in mooshu when we go to the spirit world.

All of the last Hive bosses, Galleries & Morganthe - brilliant battles.

The boss fights Waterworks and tower of the Helephant never get old either, but getting to them does. I am glad the newer worlds have more single fight or short dungeons, not drawn out ones with lots of mob fights to get to the boss. it is hard to find time for multiple fights.

Open bosses are a lot of fun - Kraken, the Plaza of Conquests in DS, and the Pylon Bosses in CL. Sadly no one fights the Pylon bosses anymore. Suggestion - make a badge for beating all of them. It will give us something new to do without having to create new content.

The PERFECT boss... is a single, interesting fight, a unique environment, and has good special drops. The side bosses in Aquilla all qualify - great job on those. Of the three; Cronus, Gladiator, and Squid - it's a tough call, but I like Cronus just a little better, though Gadiator has a good pet and a good gear item which is nice. The reagent drops are good too, so even if we don't get gear it isn't a total waste.

Ya, Cronus it is.

Honorable mention to Nightshade, Jotun, and the Jade Oni for holiday stuff.