Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop Rate of Hades Items (rant)

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
seethe42 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
You must be playing a different game than me if you think Hades gear is extremely rare. Nearly everyone I see at Endgame and other dungeons is wearing parts of it if not a whole set whether it's glass cannon or defensive set. If you don't even want Hades gear because you think it stinks, why are you bothering to try and get it and why are you in the forums complaining that you can't get it? That just makes no sense.
I never said anything about not wanting the Hades gear or that it stinks. You misread my post. I am playing the same game as you, and obviously I'm more open-minded than some to what actually goes on in the game to other players (not just myself).

If you're seeing people with Hades gear, then ask them how many times it took just to get it or the whole set. It's not worth farming hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of times just to get one piece, let alone starting all over just to get the other pieces. That's ridiculous. I have not played any other MMO that has this bad of a RNG.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
True Fire on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
I'll save time by saying please read my post above.

Also, you don't have to complete the dungeon as many times as you've listed. It's entirely luck based. A friend of mine got a piece during his first run and another during his second. Third took him about a week to get. KI doesn't randomly selected players nor are the players with the gear some sort of chosen few. They're just luckier than you. Since it's luck based, there's no point in complaining.

Another thing I've noticed after reading your post is that you're arguing two points and both seem to counter the other. You complain the gear is too hard to get and forces endless farming (which it doesn't) but you also say the gear isn't good. So you're complaining about gear that sucks but is too hard for you to get? If that's so why bother complaining about the drop rate if the gear isn't something worth using? Why not, oh I don't know, save yourself the trouble and not try to get the gear.
When I saw the "good" Hades gear for Ice, I decided not to farm for it because my overall stats for what gear I put together is much better than the Hades gear.

Hades Death gear is debatable, but won't know until I can put some pieces together and mix and match to see what I come up with. The same goes with Balance.

Oh, I pretty much stopped farming a while back. What I'm stating is that others are having problems, but of course, I couldn't say much until I tried it myself to see just how bad it really is.

So, the point is, take the blinders off, see other players around you, and see the difficulty they are having obtaining gear that has the worst RNG I've ever seen in any MMO game I have ever played. Just because YOU think it's easy, lucky or whatnot, doesn't mean others think the same way.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I've been wanting for the drop rates of Hades to be increased as well as having a certain number of fights until you 100% get a certain piece of gear. It's only fair to have to spend the same amount of time on something as somebody else does.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
When I saw the "good" Hades gear for Ice, I decided not to farm for it because my overall stats for what gear I put together is much better than the Hades gear.

Hades Death gear is debatable, but won't know until I can put some pieces together and mix and match to see what I come up with. The same goes with Balance.

Oh, I pretty much stopped farming a while back. What I'm stating is that others are having problems, but of course, I couldn't say much until I tried it myself to see just how bad it really is.

So, the point is, take the blinders off, see other players around you, and see the difficulty they are having obtaining gear that has the worst RNG I've ever seen in any MMO game I have ever played. Just because YOU think it's easy, lucky or whatnot, doesn't mean others think the same way.
"When I saw the "good" Hades gear for Ice, I decided not to farm for it because my overall stats for what gear I put together is much better than the Hades gear"

Then what does it matter to you what the gear's drop rate is?

So you're speaking for other people who are dealing with something that has nothing to do with you? Noble, but ultimately unneeded. If someone or some people have a problem then it's their problem to solve. As rude or mean as it may sound it's the truth. Also, consider this: what if the people who struggle to get the gear and complain about how unfair it is (and once again, it's luck based) are actually just a minority.

So, the point is, take the blinders off, see other players around you, and see the difficulty they are having obtaining gear that has the worst RNG I've ever seen in any MMO game I have ever played. Just becauseYOU think it's easy, lucky or whatnot, doesn't mean others think the same way.

Believe me my blinders have been ripped off and tossed into fire some time ago. I do see the players, all of them. The players who have the gear, the players who don't, the players who complain about how unfair luck is, the players who are fine with the situation, all of them. I don't think it's easy, it can be a horribly mind numbing nightmare, but it's a luck based mind numbing nightmare. There's no point in complaining about luck. Just like there's no point in complaining about gear you don't even need.

So I ask you to take off your blinders. See that not everyone has this problem. See that there are people perfectly fine with how things are. See that plenty of wizards have Hades gear. See that plenty of wizards know that they don't even need Hades gear. Now see that you have no need to complain. Either beat the game without Hades gear (which is easy enough) or go through the dungeon and hope that luck be with you.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Darthjp on May 24, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry but this is utterly ridiculous. I'm farming for the robe over the past 4-5 days, I team with a person who has done it 1 time previous, boom they get the robe and hat they need on the very first try. I congratulate them, everybody wants to get what they need of course, but some of the people are a bit deserving of the gear. I'm a myth character mainly and I usually never get to attack very much in fights because we don't see many life players going in to tartarus. That same person who got the robe and hat, I saved on the very last turn with a unicorn because they died that turn due to a calendar from zeus, the last player on our team hit zeus with old ending the match. If not for me, that player doesn't get anything. Where is the karma? I've ran this so many times, I've healed/supported and done whatever necessary to make sure my team is successful but I've only gotten a hat so far, nothing else even worth mentioning, tonight I play again, I just helped a friend of mine finish the Poseidon dungeon so they could do Tartarus as well, we get to hades in about forty five minutes, finish hades and company in ten to fifteen minutes. They get an exalted amulet, robe, and a pet. You have got to be kidding me, all I get was gold and the same senator garbage. This is outrageous, I should have gotten a robe by now, I don't expect much in return from really anybody or anything in this game, but every now and then a break would be nice.
I honestly feel as if myth gets no love in this game. Smoke, mirrors, tricks are what we rely on, the crazy thing I don't understand is when we even quest, we rely on medusa to stun for two turns and its not even guaranteed to work properly, we still don't even have a useful AoE for PvE like every other class does. We still rely on a four pip spell to kill trash and it takes forever because have to blade, trap, aura etc. For the people that think earthquake is useful for PvE don't joke, little damage and you remove blades/shields if they have them, does it even matter when the boss you are fighting crits every other turn? I just wonder why it seems the loot rolls hate myth so much as to deny them the basics of what we need to actually be successful in this game. Ice and Balance are so loved in this game it's crazy, I talk to somebody about myth and immediately they say they dislike the class because of the reliance on cheap gimmicks, low damage, and gear that is lesser than what the other classes acquire. Where is the respect and love for the myth class? I certainly don't see it when questing, I certainly don't see it in PvP, all I see now is storm, fire, balance, and ice wrecking everything because they get the best of everything. For once, can we get something over another class? I mean anything really, beggars can't be choosers. Thanks for listening to my rant, if you didn't like it, sorry to waste your time. I just had to say those things because it seems like this game hates me.

Wolf StormShade Level 97 Conjurer
I feel so sorry for you XD, seems like you are either extremely unlucky or the drop rates have a mind of its' own.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
I'm a myth too and I gotta say that I seriously think KI made myth a joke. All of the other schools got a AOE that is way better than frog and earthquake. I mean people tell me myth is good in pvp, but all I can see myth in pvp is summoning useless minions that just riot the whole time, and removing shields and blades. That's literally it. Where's the real meaning behind myth? Summoning minions that goes all the way to 2000 health (1000 in pvp)? I mean really? Death has the spell "animate" that goes beyond that and they're not build around that, death is to steal other peoples health not summon minion that is more powerful than myth when myth is to summon minions.

I agree with the way you think because myth in the game is just so weak that so many people dislike it. Unless KI buff myth (very extremely) in the next big update I don't see a good reason to play it anymore.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Lucas Rain on May 30, 2014 wrote:
Question:

How much of your desire to leave the game would go away if KI would simply announce they had plans to do something to make it better?
To be honest, I'm starting to get the urge to stop farming hades gear altogether. I mean I got the Hades resist hat and the hades offensive hat but the worst thing is that I don't even want or need it. FYI, I plan to use the Desert Trader's shroud instead. Anyways, I think the only things that will make ME change my mind is if there is at least a second chance chest or something like the removal of Senator Gear.