Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-23-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi folks! Another week has passed, and it's Friday again. That means it's time for a new topic to discuss!

Today, let's chat about pet talents. We asked this question about 3.5 years ago, but we've added many new ones since then. So, I ask again: what new combat pet talents would make a great pet? Inquiring minds would like to know!

Have a wonderful (long holiday, for some) weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
why not have pets that can cast the moon blades spell or the moon shields spell? that would put a fun twist on how combat can be progressed into the next stage.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Anything that randomly casts a healing spell really. Considering how hard high level enemies hit and how long it takes to build up hits of our own, we need everything we can get to keep from being killed.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
May Cast "Fairy Dust". When Fairy Dust is cast, no other damage can be dealt that turn. All damages are reduced to 0 for the remainder of the turn.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Perhaps make MC blades more useful that selfish talents? Currently, they cast only when you attack, which is completely useless for wizards like me who go for a 1 hit kill.
Maybe an epic talent that "protects" one or more blades/shields from being removed? Nothing worse than having all your blades quaked off.

Survivor
May 21, 2014
Polymorph cast chance? I don't know why, but it'd be pretty cool to see a pet, even special pets that only have this talent to cast a polymorph of some type, like a storm/cat pet could cast the cat polymorph, A Pig of some sort could cast the Ninja Pig polymorph, it'd be an interesting talent for pets to get

Survivor
May 25, 2011
Hi,
I am playing this game since 2009, The first talent I liked was may cast unicorn...But the most greatest talent of pets r Fairy and pierce they help alot in pvp. I Would like if their is a new talent may cast Feint or cast spirit guardian spell

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
Why not just change the amount of selfish talents that a pet learns so that when they get past adult, there are no selfish talents left. So the only chance your pet has to train those talents is when they are teen or adult. It seems we are using too many meg snacks to train the pets to mega only to get a selfish talent at the end, very wasteful!

Survivor
Oct 11, 2013
polymorph has already happended

and my idea would be chance of shadow magic

Survivor
Oct 15, 2012
Defender
Jun 13, 2012
Oh yay! If I were to decide for a may-cast pet talent it would be...
...Piggle swarm! jk it would really be may-cast shawman (lvl ninety pet only)
When summer comes, thaumaturges! Run!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Well what about a pet that can cast a bubble spell??? I've found that bubbles work the same as blades when I cast Nova..... Or what about class shields Ex: you get hit with a death spell your pet either casts ether shield or legend shield..... The teacher from
Dragonspyre always sticks with me..... Defense is the key to survival!!!!!

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Hi Professor Falmea, I'm going to suggest what i think is a great all round pet for questing,something that will work for any player in any situation.
Firstly I like a pet with a 40% school blade, or 35% balance blade. That extra blade is really handy and in the lower levels, before you get buffs for your blades, it is excellent.
Secondly at least one resist and one strength talent.
Fairy friend, or fairy friend and sprite - i dont need any more than that, if the pet is active
and my last is a controversial one but i am very happy with a m.c. blade. This way my pet gives me two extra blades and if he's an active pet he will give me an extra blade frequently. I have a tiki who uses his mc fireblade frequently, and he's a lifesaver.

Other talents i am very happy with would be an extra strength or defence, accuracy, or mc feint

Any combination of the above will be a great all round pet as long as it is active with its MC talents. I must stress : the pet needs to be active. The main reason i keep hatching is to make my pet more active, not to switch out talents.

I do not like pets which might switch out my aura or change something I have done on purpose and in general i do not like MC attacks because I might be set up to one shot my enemies so i might have feints or traps placed, then the pet comes and throws a tiny spell at it - uh oh ! Yikes!

For me, it's the very basic talents that are the most valuable and that give the pet the most longevity throughout the game - it's great to have a pet you dont need to replace any time soon!

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Sorry, I did not finish my reply before i clicked the button - as for new talents, I would go for
MC spirit blade etc
MC rebirth
MC shift or triage but they would have to be triggered by an actual dot spell

maybe MC cleanse charm again only if they are actually triggered by a debuff
for people who DONT mind when their pet screws up their game play i can see MC sanctuary as possibly being useful

I can also see a place for pets who come with some really serious talents and add stats but also have really nasty debuffs, and i can see a place for gear like that. Preferably stuff that looks uber cool and has some cool stats but also some very dangerous debuffs. It would be interesting to see what people would do.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
1- a pet that gives a starting shadow pip rather than a card. If it looked like some type of shadow creature that would be amazing.

2- a pet with Potent Trap card. How about a "Potent Skunk" pet :D

3- may-cast Sprite Swarm (with about the same cast rate as Unicorn, since it gives about the same health). MC Rebirth would be OP IMO.

4- may-cast Legion Shield

5- A shadow-pip stat-boosting talent (like +10% chance of shadow pip with max stats)

*on that note - the exisiting pip-o-plenty talent should be higher. It isn't popular because it doesn't add enough gain to be worth a slot. Make it 10%
chance (at max pet stats) please.

6- Astral school pets, with the Sun, Star, or Moon combination traps as given at baby cards, and maybe adding the blade card when the level. One version for each school (Baby Sun, Baby Moon, Star Baby? or Moon Dog, Sun Dog, Dog Star?)

7- "Shadow dealer" talent - boosts Shadow damage ~9% (with max pet stats)

8- something completely different; how about a pet designed to support gardeners? It could have special versions of gardening spells as given cards +/or talents, and an energy boosting talent, This wouldn't be used for combat, but you could equip the pet when you put on energy gear to help that wizard (many of us have) who tends a big garden. There could be talents that store energy like our gear (Energy Gift/Bounty?) and maybe one that restores it faster (+10%?) The given card(s) could be improved version(s) of common gardening spell(s) - longer-lasting pest prevention or such. It could look like one of the gardener moles perhaps?

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
May cast Guiding Light with a small chance to cast when you take damage.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Professor Falmea on May 23, 2014 wrote:
Hi folks! Another week has passed, and it's Friday again. That means it's time for a new topic to discuss!

Today, let's chat about pet talents. We asked this question about 3.5 years ago, but we've added many new ones since then. So, I ask again: what new combat pet talents would make a great pet? Inquiring minds would like to know!

Have a wonderful (long holiday, for some) weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
It would be interesting to have a pet talent or just pet that gave an extra maximum pip.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
Hopefully I'm not too late to be commenting on this, but what about pets with better critical talents? I know some of those already exist now, but as you level up they become less and less useful. I think you guys should either

a) Adjust the existing critical talents so that they give percents instead of rating points, similarly to how you did with the new global spells. It doesn't have to be huge, 4-6% without fear of it decreasing over time should be enough.

b) Add new critical talents that give percent critical instead of critical rating.

oh, and I suppose block talents should receive the same treatment.

Oh, and I have a pet idea for the next death exclusive pet. How about a pet that has MC 3 death shields? (Sorry, I don't have a cool name) I know some death players like to cast the self damage spells, so I think this could be really useful, similarly to how fire has the useful spell fuel. To reduce the "OPness" I would say make each shield -50% to next death damage. It could be triggered by being attacked (by self or otherwise) or by having a negative charm or ward being placed on you. Actually this sounds like a spell that needs to be a real spell so I think I will make another post just suggesting this be a spell added to the game.

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
May Cast Spirit Armor sounds intruiging. It would completely rewrite low-to-mid level PvP.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
How about a MC Stun talent? It would probably have to not leave a stun block, otherwise it could seriously mess up a combo in PvP.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I'd be happy just to have Spritely casting the way it used to. May cast spite swarm and may cast legion shield would be cool for a team.

Administrator
These are wonderful suggestions, Wizards! I'll pass them along to the folks that tend to pets and we'll discuss! A new feedback Friday shall appear shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea