Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lag Every Few Seconds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2011
Hi,
I recently started having a problem on my storm character where I lag for a split second every few seconds. This doesn't happen inside my dorm or any houses, just in any other place. It's so annoying trying to run anywhere or quest when the game pauses every few seconds. What do I do?

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Get a better computer/faster internet.
The lag is probably caused by your computer not liking all the animated things, or your internet too slow to load them. Try upgrading your computer, that should probably help. I don't lag at all, so the problem is on your end.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
EricDream on May 19, 2014 wrote:
Hi,
I recently started having a problem on my storm character where I lag for a split second every few seconds. This doesn't happen inside my dorm or any houses, just in any other place. It's so annoying trying to run anywhere or quest when the game pauses every few seconds. What do I do?
I experience lag a lot also. My online is so so, my computer is newish. Crowded realms are horrible for me, the Commons are the worse. Azteca with the bombing. Pet Pavilion if it's crowded. A lot of lag going on. It's not just me I hear people complaining about it also.

I imagine as the game beefs up in graphics it gets harder to process. It used to be related to your wizard having a full back pack.

Mary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Robobot1747 on May 21, 2014 wrote:
Get a better computer/faster internet.
The lag is probably caused by your computer not liking all the animated things, or your internet too slow to load them. Try upgrading your computer, that should probably help. I don't lag at all, so the problem is on your end.
Just because you haven't experienced lag doesn't mean it is solely the problem of the OP, as you can see from at least one other post here. I have stable, fast cable internet, my computer doesn't bog down due to graphics, but yes, sometimes there is lag. It is NOT a user issue in most cases. In most cases it is a problem with crowded realms/areas, certain items also cause lag (I have no idea why, but that Phoenix mount is one of them), and on and on.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
EricDream on May 19, 2014 wrote:
Hi,
I experience this every now and then as well. The only solution I've found is reinstalling the game. Whatever this problem is, it isn't hardware related. The stutter-like lag is entirely predictable and only affects a single character.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
This same thing happened to my wizard. In my case, it seemed to have started right around the point I reached level 100 and defeated Morganthe. So I feel your pain.