Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Healing Current

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
PlayHard101 on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Were you listening at all for what I said? Probably not.

Use doom and gloom + infection. That's 125% subtracted from the heal.
If you do the math, that's -250. That's a negative. For a 1000 Heal.
For a 100 Heal (which, obviously you don't care about) is -25.
For a 400 heal (which, you still don't care for) is -100.

If you have absolutely, not even 1% respect for what I said, then move on.
Deal with the fact that "energizing battery heals for to much."

Like I said one billion times before, you use healing current. That kinda gets the thread out of the boards.

Like Gemma said, the probability of healing current healing 1000 is 1/3.
The percentage is 33.333333333333%. That's for every heal. Either for 100 or 400.
That's it. I'm out.
PlayHard101
@Canny:
Sure.
Okay, so let's put your theory to the test. So if I could put up an Infection and a Doom and Gloom my opponent would just sit there and not do anything? Excellent idea. No, if everybody was that simple minded, I would be #1 on the leaderboard.

Here's what my opponent can and will do. If their pet didn't take off the Infection already then the person would cast a Sprite or Pixie and shake it off then change the bubble for 2 pips. Face it, I'm limited on Doom and Glooms because I'm not a Death wizard. My opponent could be Myth with max Time of Legends and could win the bubble war easily. Then, after that, I have limited Infections too, right? Oh no, I forgot, there's more than one type of heal. Lots of people I know carry 6 large heals, 1-2 Primordials, and 2-3 smaller heals to remove Infections. If I put 6 Infections, their 3 heals would leave 3 there and they could use the rest of their 6 heals without the Infection, and their pet is free to go wild again. Then, if I use Doom and Gloom and they change it having the maximum amount of bubbles for their school, my Doom and Gloom is gone. No permanent or reliable solution to Energizing Battery healing 1000.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
streem485 on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
I have to disagree with the statement 'Most, however, do like PvP. ' I have yet to see a post on here, or any where else that doesn't complain about pvp. I think the pvp vs. pve is like 60%-40%, pvp being greater, because of the fact that many players don't have the the money to pay, or don't want to.
You can't complain about something that you can counter, and think about the poor soloing storm wizards who there only spell for healing is healing current (with out training life). So if this where to happen (this being nerfing healing current) it should only be for pvp.

level 93
level 29
level 23
level 10
level 8
level 8

P.s. My argument is sum-what deluded because I allwis try to see both sides of the argument.
The argument is on Energizing Battery and Energizing Battery alone, I didn't quite remember the name of the pet talent when I first made the thread so I'm sorry if it was misleading, but the topic is about Energizing Battery not Healing Current.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
seethe42 on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
While not a reliable counter, it is a funny one if you get a chance to see it. May cast dissipate against may cast healing current is amusing. Especially if the healing current player isn't storm.
I probably would get MC Dissipate on my pet to test that out, but with Cleanse Charm becoming increasingly popular I don't think it'd work too well.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
seethe42 on May 13, 2014 wrote:
Healing Current triggers a lot less often than Fairy/Spritely. It also heals on the 400 level more often than not. The 1000 and 100 levels are less common with 1000 being the least. The triggers are exactly the same as all healing spells, ANY action by ANYONE. The only action that cannot trigger a heal is passing. As for getting a 1000 on pet heal, my fairy pets do that already. The spell doesn't need nerfing, half the time it heals you it's too little loo late. Every once in a great while you get lucky and it hits big to save you. My experience is that it tends to heal big when you don't need it.
I have seen healing current cast when I pass.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
camoferrari on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
I have seen healing current cast when I pass.
No you haven't. You've seen it cast when you passed and someone else did something to trigger it. EVERY action except passing triggers MC heals.