Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Healing Current

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
PlayHard101 on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
You have a "group" testing pet heals? Now that's bluffing.
Nope, Prince isn't bluffing. There are several serious pet gurus in the Spiral, and Prince is one of them.

Gotta learn who's who...

Oh, btw, OP, I'll be happy to set up a hatch with you, if you'd like Healing Current on your pvp pet. Prince, Brynn, and several other denizens of this forum have given me the gift of a fantastic gene pool, which I love to share

Iridian

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Canny B Moone on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
"hen do you need to waste turns or pips to use Infections, Entangles, Doom and Gloom, minions, Shatter, Stun Blocks, etc. in PvE?"

This bit:

Infection: Life bosses and healing mobs
Entangle: Life bosses
Doom and Gloom: Life bosses and minions
Shatter: Balance bosses that shield often
Stun Block: Mobs and bosses beginning in Wintertusk that stun -- Ice, Myth, Storm

I solo a great deal of the Spiral, and I use those spells often, regardless of whether I'm playing Life, Fire, Balance, Death, Life/Fire hybrid, Storm/Life hybrid, Myth.

PvP is not the main draw of Wizard101, never has been, nor is it the great balancing mechanism for game play.

The mindset that goes into the sorts of arguments you present, King, are exactly those that further divide the community.

Warmest Regards,

Iridian and the Spiral Coven
I have soloed the entire spiral on several wizards, and I have never met healing mobs. I have also never really seen much situation for shatter and NEVER for Doom & Gloom. Stun Block is kinda handy for the ice in Mirror Lake, but totally not necessary. I don't PvP that much, but I do agree those spells really have very little part of PvE play. They are pretty much a waste of pips.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
"hen do you need to waste turns or pips to use Infections, Entangles, Doom and Gloom, minions, Shatter, Stun Blocks, etc. in PvE?"

This bit:

Infection: Life bosses and healing mobs
Entangle: Life bosses
Doom and Gloom: Life bosses and minions
Shatter: Balance bosses that shield often
Stun Block: Mobs and bosses beginning in Wintertusk that stun -- Ice, Myth, Storm

I solo a great deal of the Spiral, and I use those spells often, regardless of whether I'm playing Life, Fire, Balance, Death, Life/Fire hybrid, Storm/Life hybrid, Myth.

PvP is not the main draw of Wizard101, never has been, nor is it the great balancing mechanism for game play.

The mindset that goes into the sorts of arguments you present, King, are exactly those that further divide the community.

Warmest Regards,

Iridian and the Spiral Coven
Those spells are all in situational moments. I soloed the entire game except for the last Morganthe fight without the use of those spells. I never used Stun Block against a boss, never had to use Doom and Gloom against a Life boss because they hardly ever heal anyways, never had to use Entangle, PvE is plain out and simple stack up until you have enough blades and traps to kill then hit. That's all there is to it unless there's those few boss exceptions with cheats that don't allow you to do that. If you choose to solo the game, that's 100% your fault if you can't quest without those spells. You have a huge choice to let friends teleport, get a questing partner, or use the team up feature. You chose to make questing harder on yourself, not me.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
PvP King on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, it may be 33.33% equally, but since when did somebody need a 1000 heal from a pet anyway? Healing Current is triggered far more often than any other healing talent and I've tested it on a pet myself, so that 33.33% to heal 1000 has a pretty high chance of triggering.
The pet version should heal for 700 (max), 300, or 100. The storm version is fin, and should stay as it is.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
The pet version should heal for 700 (max), 300, or 100. The storm version is fin, and should stay as it is.
Yeah, that's exactly how I think it should be.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
PvP King on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
Those spells are all in situational moments. I soloed the entire game except for the last Morganthe fight without the use of those spells. I never used Stun Block against a boss, never had to use Doom and Gloom against a Life boss because they hardly ever heal anyways, never had to use Entangle, PvE is plain out and simple stack up until you have enough blades and traps to kill then hit. That's all there is to it unless there's those few boss exceptions with cheats that don't allow you to do that. If you choose to solo the game, that's 100% your fault if you can't quest without those spells. You have a huge choice to let friends teleport, get a questing partner, or use the team up feature. You chose to make questing harder on yourself, not me.
You're pretty arrogant about all this.

You speak of fault and situation, yet you entirely neglect strategy and skill as possible reasons someone would choose to solo and use various utility spells. Is it possible, can it be, that people who enjoy questing and dislike pvp have great skill? Is it possible that a PvE wizard might understand the full range of options available and make use of them in an intelligent and strategic way?

Yeah, the PvP arrogance is strong in you, and it is clear that you are incapable of viewing the game with anything other than a narrow lens.

Quest-haters are all the same.

Niceness aside: If you don't like healing current in PvP, perhaps it's because you don't know how to counter it, are too rigid to find an innovative strategy. Perhaps cookies might help, or a nice cool glass of whine?

Warmest Regards,

Iridian and Sisters

Squire
May 10, 2013
Nope, Prince isn't bluffing. There are several serious pet gurus in the Spiral, and Prince is one of them.

Gotta learn who's who...

Oh, btw, OP, I'll be happy to set up a hatch with you, if you'd like Healing Current on your pvp pet. Prince, Brynn, and several other denizens of this forum have given me the gift of a fantastic gene pool, which I love to share

Iridian
No thank you, I already have a perfect pet for PVP.

Eternal Leviathan:
May Cast "Healing Current"
May Cast "Fairy"

10% Universal Resist
May Cast "Virulence"
May Cast "Steal Charm"

Steal Charm so no blades allowed (LOL.)
Virulence cause I death.
Fairy cause, yeah.
Healing Current cause I like "nerfing" it. (Like the topic states)
The resist cause, you just need resist.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Canny B Moone on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
You're pretty arrogant about all this.

You speak of fault and situation, yet you entirely neglect strategy and skill as possible reasons someone would choose to solo and use various utility spells. Is it possible, can it be, that people who enjoy questing and dislike pvp have great skill? Is it possible that a PvE wizard might understand the full range of options available and make use of them in an intelligent and strategic way?

Yeah, the PvP arrogance is strong in you, and it is clear that you are incapable of viewing the game with anything other than a narrow lens.

Quest-haters are all the same.

Niceness aside: If you don't like healing current in PvP, perhaps it's because you don't know how to counter it, are too rigid to find an innovative strategy. Perhaps cookies might help, or a nice cool glass of whine?

Warmest Regards,

Iridian and Sisters
Lol, if I was a quest hater, I wouldn't solo the game. I have soloed many PvE fights, and I haven't lost in PvE since a while. In PvP, there are still those moments where I get a mini heart attack because I have a huge opening on me or when I actually lose a match. In PvE, you need far less skill than you need against somebody who plays PvP to succeed. Think about it like this: You have two baseball choices; one is the machine that shoots the ball automatically and the other is getting a real pitcher to throw at you. The machine is programmed to shoot the ball exactly at the same spot with no surprises, which in comparison is PvE. However, that real baseball pitcher is trying to trick you and can throw a curve once in a while, which is in comparison to PvP. Against a machine or boss fights, you don't need to use tactical moves to trick out your opponent, you simply have to worry about your health and taking the boss down. In PvP, you have to worry about lots of things; your health, the advantage taking place in the match, guarding yourself from deadly combos, finding the right time to combo up, etc.

Now to argue with your last paragraph. That's a yes and a no. If me and my opponent are both in desperate measures but I have the slight advantage over him/her (which is the typical high rank PvP nowadays, fight until you find a weak spot then pound your opponent) and I'm about to win but my opponent's pet casts Energizing Battery and heals 1000, I obviously can't recover from that. If I'm in control of the match completely with a Doom and Gloom up and crowned my opponent in Weaknesses and Infections while going first and Energizing Battery heals 1000, that doesn't matter so much. If you think I don't try to find a strategy to beat it, read my posts, because I don't stop trying until I'm able to overcome it. And sure, a cookie would be nice, is it chocolate chip?

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
PvP King on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Lol, if I was a quest hater, I wouldn't solo the game. I have soloed many PvE fights, and I haven't lost in PvE since a while. In PvP, there are still those moments where I get a mini heart attack because I have a huge opening on me or when I actually lose a match. In PvE, you need far less skill than you need against somebody who plays PvP to succeed. Think about it like this: You have two baseball choices; one is the machine that shoots the ball automatically and the other is getting a real pitcher to throw at you. The machine is programmed to shoot the ball exactly at the same spot with no surprises, which in comparison is PvE. However, that real baseball pitcher is trying to trick you and can throw a curve once in a while, which is in comparison to PvP. Against a machine or boss fights, you don't need to use tactical moves to trick out your opponent, you simply have to worry about your health and taking the boss down. In PvP, you have to worry about lots of things; your health, the advantage taking place in the match, guarding yourself from deadly combos, finding the right time to combo up, etc.

Now to argue with your last paragraph. That's a yes and a no. If me and my opponent are both in desperate measures but I have the slight advantage over him/her (which is the typical high rank PvP nowadays, fight until you find a weak spot then pound your opponent) and I'm about to win but my opponent's pet casts Energizing Battery and heals 1000, I obviously can't recover from that. If I'm in control of the match completely with a Doom and Gloom up and crowned my opponent in Weaknesses and Infections while going first and Energizing Battery heals 1000, that doesn't matter so much. If you think I don't try to find a strategy to beat it, read my posts, because I don't stop trying until I'm able to overcome it. And sure, a cookie would be nice, is it chocolate chip?
Oooh, thank you so much. My simple mind was entirely unaware of the differences between PvE and PvP play...

You stated earlier that you dislike PvE, which puts you firmly in the pack of PvP-only wishers of the Spiral. We know, we've seen your kind before in these forums and in other online forums. In fact, there's a perfect place for you to talk down about PvE players and our lack of skill. Duelist something or other, I do believe. Or do you, perchance, already inhabit that princely realm of PvP godlets? The writer's voice, it's familiar...

Anyway, as I stated in my first foray into this fray, regular players of this game: kids, moms, dads, grandmas, grandpas, don't give a flip whether or not our spells are difficult for ya'll in PvP land. We like the game, we like the unintelligent monsters, we like our simplistic strategies. We poor simpletons are just easy to please, I guess, being utterly devoid of game skills.

My cookies are fish paste, I usually feed them to Malistaire, but you're welcome to try one. Bring your own whine though, I don't provide it.

x Sarcasm off x

Disclosure: I have a level 34 PvP captain, Diviner Isabella Silverbright. She prefers Fairy and Unicorn over Healing Current. She has ample resources to counter any heal, thus far, including Healing Current.

Warmest Regards,

Iridian and Sisters

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
PvP King on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
1) Nah, I do PvE too, I know what I'm talking about.
2) It doesn't matter if it's the primary aspect of the game, it can still ruin PvP. Nice philosophy though.

"yes, the pve crowd requested that some of the annoying cheat instances be toned down, for the simple fact that no one over the age of 5 has the free time required to complete them." Um ok, it doesn't take 12 hours to do a dungeon, it just takes 30 minutes. If you have less than 30 minutes of your spare time, then I don't think doing a whole dungeon is a good use of that time, because you can't finish.

Yes, there are people who aren't very good at strategizing that play the game, but it shouldn't be made so easy with Healing Current that strategy isn't required. I have the talent myself on my Frankenbunny pet, I used it, it kept healing me a couple thousand health, I stacked blades, and I went on to my next quest. Just like that. Blade, don't worry about healing or shielding, add a couple traps, use a high pip spell and you're done. That's just how simple Energizing Battery made Wizard101. Unlike many other gamers it seems, I like to have a challenge in my game, but PvE isn't that thing for me. As soon as I got the healing talent I was set to solo every boss and dungeon, and in fact, I did. I've rarely had to use my own shields, I've had to use heals from time to time, but my main focus was on blading and trapping, which is quite odd. My opponents didn't have damage enchants, damage boost, unblockable critical ratings, or brains to use to defeat me, they were all just computer animated objects, plain and simple. Sure, there were a couple cheats here and there, but I'm sure people could do it without the help of Energizing Battery, even the simplest of strategies.

I don't have a "hate-on" for PvE, it's just that I'm done with questers begging for the game to be unbelievable easy and introducing frustratingly overpowered talents and stats in the game.
The last line of PvP King's post:

"I don't have a 'hate-on' for PvE, it's just that I'm done with questers begging for the game to be unbelievably easy and introducing frustrating overpowered talents and stats in the game."

You began this entire thread by demanding certain healing spells cast by pets be nerfed. When other players, both PvP-ers and PvE-ers, pointed out the fallacies in your arguments, you kept demanding these spells be nerfed. Your only concern is PvP, and you insult and demean we PvE-ers by stating PvP is harder, more challenging, that you need skill to PvP, while you need little to none to PvE.

As a "quester," I have never begged for the game to be "unbelievably easy." As an adult with a family, a job, and limited time online for Wizard101, it would be spiffy if I could level without meeting insanely difficult cheating bosses, and IMHO, those types of bosses should be optional. But begging? No. I have no false hope that one player, even one who buys crowns at least once a month, has any influence whatsoever on a multi-million dollar Texas corporation. But I digress.

My pets rarely cast healing spells. I have two Megas with Unicorn, one Mega with Fairy, and several Megas with Sprite. And during PvE battles, I often watch my health slowly drift away, while my pets stand there, staring off into space. The same thing has happened during the few PvP matches in which I have participated. I have watched numerous matches as well, and not once have I seen this miraculous heal spam of which you speak.

Just because PvE isn't a challenge for you does not give you the right to insult those of us who PvE, anymore than an extreme dislike for PvP gives me the right to insult you. Although, I have noticed more and more PvP-ers with your grandiose attitude of late, while PvE-ers just muddle along, not seeming to feel the need to brag or preen. As for the "begging," I direct your attention to your own statements about Healing Current and Energizing Battery.

Who exactly, on this thread, is the one demanding/begging that a portion of the game-a healing spell-be nerfed just for them?

Squire
May 10, 2013
PvP King on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:

First of all, the cookie is oatmeal.

I hate to break it to you, but you have been fighting with a LOT of people such as Dr. Von, Gemma, Canny, and prince.
You are the one who is picking the fight, making up facts to suit your fight, and "claiming" someone has lost.

Just stop it. I come in peace!

Squire
May 10, 2013
PvP King on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
So, you accept losing due to a whole luck factor? When I go into a PvP match, I'm not asking for a whole lottery roll to see if I'm going to end up winning or not. I don't go into a PvP match thinking "Okay well I hope I get pet heals and criticals so I can win my next match", because that's not Warlord. If large portions of strategies rely on pets healing and criticals, then I don't see what Warlord is. I never said I lose against pet heals, but it changes matches very quickly, and is capable of making or breaking a match. For example, I was against a Bad Juju spamming Jade with 77 resist to all schools and some decent block rating. I was second, of course, and he kept on using Sanctuary and I kept on having to put up Doom and Gloom. Eventually into the match, I was running out of options so I had to stack Balance dispels to Reshuffle luck him. I did so, and I was relying on one more turn to win the match. I used Scorpion with Infallible up, it nearly killed him, and I could've used Judgement the next turn and win but his pet used Healing Current. I was hoping it would heal the 100 version, but it didn't. It healed the 1000. Add that up now. Level 100 Jade gear, Cosmic Kris, Stellar Signet, Mandolin of Evermore, a Sanctuary, and that's back to full health. After that, I ran out of opportunities to win. The Bad Juju spamming started again, I was running out of cards, got drowned in Bad Jujus with the pet constantly healing him, and I eventually just discarded all of my cards. This is why I don't wand a talent healing above 860. Why? Because Satyr itself is 4 pips, and if a healing talent does more than Satyr, it's overpowered.

That's how pet heals can make or break a match. Sometimes in PvP, you only have one window of opportunity to win the match. However, pet heals such as Energizing Battery can shut this window and make it impossible to win the match. I'm not asking for PvP matches to be easier for me, I'm asking for it to be possible to win from any situation, whether I'm vs a Jade or a critical spammer.
No he isn't, your not the judge, though if Finnigan hire's me to be his lawyer, I will.

So technically your saying anything above 860 health is OP. I get it.

So why didn't you make a complaint 2 years ago when Avalon came out? Because you didn't.

If you think pet heals are breaking a match, think again. About 68% PVP Players use a pet with a Healing Talent. 32% don't. Technically, you're saying that you are part of that 32% group? You fiend!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Canny B Moone on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Oooh, thank you so much. My simple mind was entirely unaware of the differences between PvE and PvP play...

You stated earlier that you dislike PvE, which puts you firmly in the pack of PvP-only wishers of the Spiral. We know, we've seen your kind before in these forums and in other online forums. In fact, there's a perfect place for you to talk down about PvE players and our lack of skill. Duelist something or other, I do believe. Or do you, perchance, already inhabit that princely realm of PvP godlets? The writer's voice, it's familiar...

Anyway, as I stated in my first foray into this fray, regular players of this game: kids, moms, dads, grandmas, grandpas, don't give a flip whether or not our spells are difficult for ya'll in PvP land. We like the game, we like the unintelligent monsters, we like our simplistic strategies. We poor simpletons are just easy to please, I guess, being utterly devoid of game skills.

My cookies are fish paste, I usually feed them to Malistaire, but you're welcome to try one. Bring your own whine though, I don't provide it.

x Sarcasm off x

Disclosure: I have a level 34 PvP captain, Diviner Isabella Silverbright. She prefers Fairy and Unicorn over Healing Current. She has ample resources to counter any heal, thus far, including Healing Current.

Warmest Regards,

Iridian and Sisters
Yeah? You like simple games? Me too, but I don't like a game that's as easy as 1-2-3. You never need Energizing Battery in PvE to heal 1000, admit it. In PvP you ESPECIALLY don't need it because it's straight up overpowered. It's what you consider a "spike heal." In other words, it heals you an insane amount. A pet doing that? Is this a joke? I'm fine with people using Satyr, with people using the Healing Current spell, with using Availing Hands, Dryad, Rebirth, Regenerate, heck even being a jade who spams Sanctuary and Fairies. The thing I'm not fine with, however, is an uncontrollable factor in the game that gives you a peak advantage in a match, in other words, a pet heal that costs 0 pips and heals 1000 while everybody else has to use their normal healing cards. And if you have sources to counter every Energizing Battery heal at rank 1800+, tell me what it is, because a simple Doom and Gloom isn't a game ender there, there are loads of turtles and Bad Juju spamming Jades that love the use of Energizing Battery and Sanctuary.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Snee432 on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
The last line of PvP King's post:

"I don't have a 'hate-on' for PvE, it's just that I'm done with questers begging for the game to be unbelievably easy and introducing frustrating overpowered talents and stats in the game."

You began this entire thread by demanding certain healing spells cast by pets be nerfed. When other players, both PvP-ers and PvE-ers, pointed out the fallacies in your arguments, you kept demanding these spells be nerfed. Your only concern is PvP, and you insult and demean we PvE-ers by stating PvP is harder, more challenging, that you need skill to PvP, while you need little to none to PvE.

As a "quester," I have never begged for the game to be "unbelievably easy." As an adult with a family, a job, and limited time online for Wizard101, it would be spiffy if I could level without meeting insanely difficult cheating bosses, and IMHO, those types of bosses should be optional. But begging? No. I have no false hope that one player, even one who buys crowns at least once a month, has any influence whatsoever on a multi-million dollar Texas corporation. But I digress.

My pets rarely cast healing spells. I have two Megas with Unicorn, one Mega with Fairy, and several Megas with Sprite. And during PvE battles, I often watch my health slowly drift away, while my pets stand there, staring off into space. The same thing has happened during the few PvP matches in which I have participated. I have watched numerous matches as well, and not once have I seen this miraculous heal spam of which you speak.

Just because PvE isn't a challenge for you does not give you the right to insult those of us who PvE, anymore than an extreme dislike for PvP gives me the right to insult you. Although, I have noticed more and more PvP-ers with your grandiose attitude of late, while PvE-ers just muddle along, not seeming to feel the need to brag or preen. As for the "begging," I direct your attention to your own statements about Healing Current and Energizing Battery.

Who exactly, on this thread, is the one demanding/begging that a portion of the game-a healing spell-be nerfed just for them?
No, I only asked for Energizing Battery to be nerfed, I couldn't care less about Fairy Friend or Unicorn or Spritely or Batusi or anything.

About your "several" Megas with sprite, I never asked about Spritely or Unicorn. The title says it all and stick to the title, "Nerf Healing Current" (yeah yeah I did make a mistake, I meant to put "Nerf Energizing Battery).

You said you've watched several matches, right? Well tell me this, did any of the wizards in those matches you've watched even have the healing talent?

Yeah, okay, if I'm talking about how easy PvE is, teach me how PvP is easy and how I'm just having a huge dramatic fall in the PvP world, amuse me.

I find this kind of hilarious. Okay, so every time people mention the difference about PvP players and PvE players, they try to make it seem like PvP players are monsters and PvE players are innocent angels. No, not all PvE players "just muddle along, not seeming to feel the need to brag or preen," sorry to break it to you. PvP players and PvE players have no difference in attitude or behavior. In PvE, there's still the common trolls that join and flee, the trolls that break your traps, the people that yell at you for joining their matches, the people that lie about gifting you if you help them in a dungeon, the people that completely flip out because they didn't get the boss kill, PvE isn't as perfect as you think. The reason why PvE players seem so "nice" (which many are, as well as PvP players" is because you have to be nice to your team if you ever want to finish the area with them.

Yeah, I maybe am "begging" for Energizing Battery to be nerfed, but that's because it has to be. Lower the spell heals down to 100/400/700, lower the percentage of the 700 heal, and make everybody happy. I can guarantee you 100% this won't make a difference in PvE but will make PvP that much better and less frustrating.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
PlayHard101 on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
No he isn't, your not the judge, though if Finnigan hire's me to be his lawyer, I will.

So technically your saying anything above 860 health is OP. I get it.

So why didn't you make a complaint 2 years ago when Avalon came out? Because you didn't.

If you think pet heals are breaking a match, think again. About 68% PVP Players use a pet with a Healing Talent. 32% don't. Technically, you're saying that you are part of that 32% group? You fiend!
Yeah okay, nice calculations, but like I said, Energizing Battery is overpowered whether you like it or not. Is there ever a time in a PvE/PvP match that your opponent does so much damage that it's not recoverable? Rarely. That's only if a Storm wizard gets lucky with an Insane Bolt and criticals and you don't block, and the chances for that are little to none against most players. And yes, I do think any healing talent that heals above 860 (the amount Satyr heals while being a 4 pip spell) is overpowered. Wanna know why? Because there's that horrible chance that it can cast more than once per turn, costing no pips, and letting your opponent cast his/her spell in the same turn. Does that seem fair?

I'll use my analogy again for the rest of you. What's the point of playing a soccer game when you have no net to score on? If your opponent's pet keeps healing the 1000, which there is a chance that it will heal 1000 every time it casts in a match, and it's happened to me several times, you have no window of opportunity to defeat your opponent, in other words, no net to score on. Eventually, you'll lose the game because you can't get no goals but the other person can, and in PvP, that's when the opponent takes control of the tempo of the match with their pet heal (again at the cost of nothing) and takes you down.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
PvP King on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Yeah? You like simple games? Me too, but I don't like a game that's as easy as 1-2-3. You never need Energizing Battery in PvE to heal 1000, admit it. In PvP you ESPECIALLY don't need it because it's straight up overpowered. It's what you consider a "spike heal." In other words, it heals you an insane amount. A pet doing that? Is this a joke? I'm fine with people using Satyr, with people using the Healing Current spell, with using Availing Hands, Dryad, Rebirth, Regenerate, heck even being a jade who spams Sanctuary and Fairies. The thing I'm not fine with, however, is an uncontrollable factor in the game that gives you a peak advantage in a match, in other words, a pet heal that costs 0 pips and heals 1000 while everybody else has to use their normal healing cards. And if you have sources to counter every Energizing Battery heal at rank 1800+, tell me what it is, because a simple Doom and Gloom isn't a game ender there, there are loads of turtles and Bad Juju spamming Jades that love the use of Energizing Battery and Sanctuary.
"The thing I'm not fine with, however, is an uncontrollable factor in the game that gives you a peak advantage in a match, in other words, a pet heal that costs 0 pips and heals 1000 while everybody else has to use their normal healing cards. -- PVPKinglet

Train your own pet with Energizing Battery! OMG, then you will have the same advantage.

Counters: Doom and Gloom, Infection, Mass Infection, Storm Dispel, Black Mantle, etc. All but the storm dispel and doom can be stacked with other versions of the spells to double and triple their effectiveness. Of course, you have to be pretty scared of one little heal to go to such lengths to nullify it.

Yeah, I'd just hatch and train new pet :)

Warmest Regards,

Iridian and Sisters

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Just a question:

My life wizard's pets' fairy spells heal for well over 1000, due to my heal boosts. My own Fairy usually heals over 3000. I can heal myself or a teammate to full for 2 pips/1 power pip. I can do that every round, in fact, and feel confident that my heal will critical 70% of the time. Does that mean life wizards and fairy heals on well boosted wizards should also be nerfed?

Curious,

Iridian and Sisters

Squire
May 10, 2013
PvP King on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Yeah okay, nice calculations, but like I said, Energizing Battery is overpowered whether you like it or not. Is there ever a time in a PvE/PvP match that your opponent does so much damage that it's not recoverable? Rarely. That's only if a Storm wizard gets lucky with an Insane Bolt and criticals and you don't block, and the chances for that are little to none against most players. And yes, I do think any healing talent that heals above 860 (the amount Satyr heals while being a 4 pip spell) is overpowered. Wanna know why? Because there's that horrible chance that it can cast more than once per turn, costing no pips, and letting your opponent cast his/her spell in the same turn. Does that seem fair?

I'll use my analogy again for the rest of you. What's the point of playing a soccer game when you have no net to score on? If your opponent's pet keeps healing the 1000, which there is a chance that it will heal 1000 every time it casts in a match, and it's happened to me several times, you have no window of opportunity to defeat your opponent, in other words, no net to score on. Eventually, you'll lose the game because you can't get no goals but the other person can, and in PvP, that's when the opponent takes control of the tempo of the match with their pet heal (again at the cost of nothing) and takes you down.
How many times do I must tell you a simple fact!?!

Healing Current has a chance to heal 1000. Its not like a present. Like this short film:

Oh, I'm sorry for hurting you, here's a healing current! :) :) ).

Nope. Not even close.

2/3 of the chance it will not hit a thousand. If you want to apply the same strategy, do it.
Its not helping if your complaining like a baby about a problem and there's a very obvious answer.

That's it. I'm out.
PlayHard101

P.S.:
How come I don't get a cookie!?!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Canny B Moone on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
"The thing I'm not fine with, however, is an uncontrollable factor in the game that gives you a peak advantage in a match, in other words, a pet heal that costs 0 pips and heals 1000 while everybody else has to use their normal healing cards. -- PVPKinglet

Train your own pet with Energizing Battery! OMG, then you will have the same advantage.

Counters: Doom and Gloom, Infection, Mass Infection, Storm Dispel, Black Mantle, etc. All but the storm dispel and doom can be stacked with other versions of the spells to double and triple their effectiveness. Of course, you have to be pretty scared of one little heal to go to such lengths to nullify it.

Yeah, I'd just hatch and train new pet :)

Warmest Regards,

Iridian and Sisters
And what's getting the talent going to do for me? Make me a coward and rely on a 1000 heal from a pet too? No, I've already decided to not get something so overpowered. To me, Energizing Battery is cheap and isn't what makes a wizard "good" at PvP.

Doom and Gloom is a counter, yes, but it can be taken off insanely easily and is extremely situational. The only time I would be using that spell is if I'm first and I have a complete health, defense and pip advantage over my opponent. Mass Infection can't be used. Infection is taken off by normal heals and other pet talents. Storm Dispel is a complete joke. Black Mantle doesn't work on pet talents even if you total it to -99.99%. These aren't real counters to the healing talent, only Doom and Gloom is and it's extremely hard to use from second and still very risky from first. Most 1800+ rank opponents have 2 pip bubble changers (Life and Death wizards usually have Time of Legend, and if the Death isn't a Jade then Doom and Gloom is a stupid move), and Infection is removed by any other heal in the game, meaning that after their own heal Energizing Battery can cast. Yeah, thanks for giving the Overlord the tips on taking down heals, I soooo didn't try them.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Canny B Moone on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
Just a question:

My life wizard's pets' fairy spells heal for well over 1000, due to my heal boosts. My own Fairy usually heals over 3000. I can heal myself or a teammate to full for 2 pips/1 power pip. I can do that every round, in fact, and feel confident that my heal will critical 70% of the time. Does that mean life wizards and fairy heals on well boosted wizards should also be nerfed?

Curious,

Iridian and Sisters
No, because that is from your own pips and turn. If a spell costed your pips or mana, your turn in a match, then it's not overpowered, it would just be annoying. What is overpowered though is a healing talent healing 1000 for 0 pips (at the cost of absolutely nothing, not even a turn), it's both annoying and overpowered.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
PlayHard101 on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:

Healing Current has a chance to heal 1000. Its not like a present. Like this short film:

Nope. Not even close.

2/3 of the chance it will not hit a thousand. If you want to apply the same strategy, do it.
Its not helping if your complaining like a baby about a problem and there's a very obvious answer.

That's it. I'm out.
PlayHard101

P.S.:
Even if it is a 1/3 chance to heal 1000, it's very much possible for that 1000 heal to strike every time Energizing Battery is cast. There's even a chance that a 1 out of a million probably happens 50 times in a row. There is a chance for everything, and having that 33.33% chance of Energizing Battery to heal 1000 is insane. It should be a 700 heal so each heal Energizing Battery is in 300 heal intervals instead of being an insanely advantageous spike heal.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
PlayHard101 on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:

Nope. Not even close.

That's it. I'm out.
PlayHard101

P.S.:
"P.S.: How come I don't get a cookie!?!"

Here, have a fish paste cookie. Your pet might like it :D

Warmest Regards,

Iridian

Squire
May 10, 2013
PvP King on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Even if it is a 1/3 chance to heal 1000, it's very much possible for that 1000 heal to strike every time Energizing Battery is cast. There's even a chance that a 1 out of a million probably happens 50 times in a row. There is a chance for everything, and having that 33.33% chance of Energizing Battery to heal 1000 is insane. It should be a 700 heal so each heal Energizing Battery is in 300 heal intervals instead of being an insanely advantageous spike heal.
This is what we are talking about. Your making up facts.

It isn't possible to get 50 casts in 5 minutes.

First... Put a doom and gloom for all who cares?!?!?
Second... But an infection for all who cares!?!?! (You)

@Canny:
My pet is allergic to every kid of cookie except chocolate chip

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
PlayHard101 on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:

@Canny:
I never said it happened lol, sorry you don't take your time to read. I never said anything related to that either. I said it's possible for the 1000 heal to happen 50 times in a row before Energizing Battery heals 100 or 400, which is why it can be considered extremely overpowered.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
PlayHard101 on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:

@Canny:
@PlayHard101,

We're just spitting into the wind with Mr. Overlord/PvPkinglet.

Let's go make chocolate chip cookies and spam heals in PvP :D More fun, less futile word slinging.

Chocolate oatmeal or triple chocolate?

Iridian and Sisters