Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Something happened to my chat box...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
Hi, so IDK how this happened, but i was doing waterworks and i put fullscreen off, and when i put it back to on, my chat box was small, and i couldn't see what people typed before, and that is annoying. So i thought it was going to get fixed next day and it still like that. At least i can type and chat correctly

Richard Frostbreeze

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
thats weird i did the same thing and nothing happened to mine, try clicking the x button on the corner, then press enter to see if it fixes

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
oh i found how to fix this, just click the red arrow over the chat box TWICE and it'll be fixed :P

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
HI I was playing Wizard 101, and when I logged back in, my chat screen wasn't accessible. I can type and it appears, but I can't actually see what I'm typing. There is an odd small, red box in the bottom right hand side of the screen, but I can't enlarge or move this.

Any help is appreciated

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Follow-up:

I received and followed, KI Support's suggestion shown below:

"If you would Open up your Wizard101 folder ( you will find it under Program Data > KingsIsle Entertainment) and go to the Bin Folder. In there you will see a file called "config.xml". I want you to delete that file. Once that is done, open up Wizard101 and try to login again. What this is doing is creating a fresh new config file for you. The game should load up properly."

So when your text chat box disappears; you can attempt this solution too.

Thank you KI Support; thank you, thank you, thank you.

With appreciation,

Tyler Wildpants