Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have you ever been overleveled?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
I know no one is overleveled, but you understand, Seeing lower people questing in the same place you are.
For example, My death wizard is level 37 now and he just finished Chelsea Court, My Ice wasnt over leveled at all but when i was i started Zafaria i was level 72, not sure if thats overleveled or not cause actually in ZF most of the peolpe are overleveled. so plz, tell me if you have been overleveled or underleveled, in which world or place or whatever.

Richard FrostBreeze level 78 Avalon, The Wyrd
Steven Blade level 58 Zafaria, Baobab Crossroads i think? Underleveled!
William level 52 Dragonspyre, Defeating Malistaire
Luke level 46-48 (i dont remember) Dragonspyre, The Forum i think?
Brahm NightShade level 37 Marleybone, the place after chelsea court o. o

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
All. The. Time. I do every side quest... Usually... And every side world as soon as it becomes unlocked. Add to that the XP from farming. My myth is a level 68, and is not even through the spiral door to Zafaria.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
They changed the requirement level of ZF from 60 to 55 and that's why you might think you are over leveled. Your balance is not under level so don't worry about it here's a link to that update: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/january2014

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Both my wizards would be considered "over-leveled," and that's just fine with me. I have plans to create a Balance wizard eventually and will play her the same way. That is my preference.

My necromancer is level 91 and just started Pitch Black Lake in Azteca last night. She tries to do every side quest.

My pyromancer is level 31 and is in the Well of Spirits in Krokotopia. She tries to do every side quest also. She has finished Wysteria except for Tower of the Helephant.

I tend to hold off on running both wizards through the notorious side dungeons (Briskbreeze, Tower of the Helephant, Waterworks) until they are way over the minimum level. For example, my necromancer completed Briskbreeze and Waterworks on the same night when she was level 78 or 79; she still hasn't tried Tower of the Helephant again as the first floor scared her (and womped her but good) when she was level 60-something. Gladiator Dimachaerus is the exception to this; she started farming him as soon as she hit level 90.

Miranda Nightsinger, Promethean Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Magus Pyromancer

Explorer
May 13, 2013
Richard FrostBreez... on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
I know no one is overleveled, but you understand, Seeing lower people questing in the same place you are.
For example, My death wizard is level 37 now and he just finished Chelsea Court, My Ice wasnt over leveled at all but when i was i started Zafaria i was level 72, not sure if thats overleveled or not cause actually in ZF most of the peolpe are overleveled. so plz, tell me if you have been overleveled or underleveled, in which world or place or whatever.

Richard FrostBreeze level 78 Avalon, The Wyrd
Steven Blade level 58 Zafaria, Baobab Crossroads i think? Underleveled!
William level 52 Dragonspyre, Defeating Malistaire
Luke level 46-48 (i dont remember) Dragonspyre, The Forum i think?
Brahm NightShade level 37 Marleybone, the place after chelsea court o. o
Ya that happens to me too, but only sometimes. Ever since Krok, I stopped accepting side quests because the main quests gave the most xp. At lvl 30 and in Chelsea court right now, so I would say yes, you are over lvl :P

Survivor
Mar 01, 2014
I've been one to try to do the side quests at the same time as the main quests, but a lot of the time I skip them and get to them much later. I'm currently level 44 and in the Village of Sorrow in Mooshu. I think it's fine to be over-leveled, cause it makes questing easier. You have higher health and better spells than a lower level, so it's a lot easier to solo. The only issue is, that for spell quests, I'm asked to go somewhere that I don't have access to yet so I feel rushed to get there. I wish wizard101 could change the spell quests for those who go through the side quests and are higher levels than the norm for their world. Other than that, being over-leveled actually makes the game easier.
Katie Smith level 44

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
as a matter of fact my life wizard was lvl 20 when he got to the palace of fire ( i use pay by zone ), and i saw a girl that was lvl 15 ( using crowns also because she friended me ) that alredy was at the throne room, how would that be considered?

overleveld: being a high lvl where you could alredy be there at lvl 15

underleveld: finally going there after having to go and do alot of quests and not being able to enter at lvl 15 even if another person could

isaac goldheart lvl 23 theurgist area, krokosphinx ( i think hall of champions )

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I always try to be. Doing side quests adds levels, which gives me more health and access to better spells and gear going into new worlds. I like that.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
I think I am over-leveled. I am a lvl 42 Diviner(Go Storm!) in Mooshu and I am 1/4 -1/2 in Ancient Burial Grounds. Some of my lvl 45 friends are in Dragonspyre and are far, far, far beyond me in Grizzleheim. That is the sad part of being over-leveled but on the bright side, the quests that we get are a lot easier, and are more fun than stressful. It, like everything, has its positives and negatives, but I think that you would wizz through levels and have the yearning to move on and get more done, than just talk to people or browse the bazaar.

Valdus Spiritmancer

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
I do every quest i can do so i am almost always over leveled compared to people in my area