Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training points help.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2014
Hey guys. I need some help. I am a level 48 necromancer. I have 5 training points and I have fully trained ice. I have to get the stone roses from dragonspyre. and the wall things from wysteria. I have spent no training points on anything but ice and I have realized by now that was a mistake. I should have just trained up to tower shield. So here is the problem. I do not want to buy crowns to be able to get the training points back. and 2 more levels and I get some of the celestia schools. So what spells should I train with my training points at level 50+ or other spells.
BTW I am posting this in this forum because I dont know where else to post it.

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
ice is only good to invest in for tower shield, quite honestly. if your death, then you already have feint which some people choose to train for, and with drain spells, there's hardly any point in training for life. i'd say, train in the celestial schools when you get there. do yourself a favor and train for amplify, tough, strong, monstrous and gargantuan. forget the other auras and accuracy enhancers. they;re a waste in my opinion.
hope this helps!
jason thundersword lvl 95

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
actually you can buy back all of your training points ( with crowns of course ) at mister lincon the ravenwood registrar , depending on how many you have is what determines the price of crowns to pay

NOTE: "if you do this procedure all of the cards you have learned with those points will disaper from your deck foreever unless you decide to study them again"

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Immortalking4343 on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys. I need some help. I am a level 48 necromancer. I have 5 training points and I have fully trained ice. I have to get the stone roses from dragonspyre. and the wall things from wysteria. I have spent no training points on anything but ice and I have realized by now that was a mistake. I should have just trained up to tower shield. So here is the problem. I do not want to buy crowns to be able to get the training points back. and 2 more levels and I get some of the celestia schools. So what spells should I train with my training points at level 50+ or other spells.
BTW I am posting this in this forum because I dont know where else to post it.
That's kind of a big conversation, honestly. It really depends on your play style. Death is the only school which I haven't bothered using many of my training points. Until the higher levels, most of the other school spells really haven't been necessary for me so I've just been holding on to them until I decide I want to try something. Turns out, I have a new death that just finished Dragonspyre. If it helps, here are the spells I had purchased by your level:

- Fire to fire elf (deals with tower shields since trap management is a big issue with death)
- Balance to weakness (The was done on a whim and should be considered optional. It is useful with stacked with plague on enemies that cast a lot of DoTs)
- Sprit Blade & trap
- Reshuffle

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding my reasoning or use of the above spells. If you are interested, here is my current deck setup (which hasn't changed since level 48):

1 fire elf
1 animate
1 curse
3 death prisms
2 death shields
2 death traps
3 deathblades
1 dream shield
3 feint
2 plague
2 poison
2 sacrifice
2 scarecrow
1 skeletal pirate
4 vampire
2 wraith
2 reshuffle
1 spirit blade

I keep spare decks to use for specific bosses or situations. Oh, I also have the wraith pet trained to adult for the strong wraith spell and bastilla's deadly choker for 2 35% death traps.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I wasted 2 in Myth... that was a mistake.

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 37 Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 07, 2014
Thanks! Can you tell me what schools I can train those spells in? I can only find strong and tough

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
My necromancer trained to Colossal with the Sun school. You can start getting those in Celestia; Colossal can be found in the Drum Jungle in Zafaria. If she ever manages to defeat Clemente Moraga in Azteca she's getting Sharpened Blade.

As for the Star school she picked up Fortify, Amplify, Infallible, and Vengeance in Celestia. In hindsight she could have skipped Vengeance as the baddies tend to block most criticals. She trained Virulence in Azteca; that's replaced Amplify in her deck unless she's facing Life baddies.

Stun Block from Diego on Unicorn Way is a must-have if you haven't already gotten it.

Hope this helped.

Miranda Nightsinger, Archmage Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Adept Pyromancer.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
iateaunicorn12 on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
ice is only good to invest in for tower shield, quite honestly. if your death, then you already have feint which some people choose to train for, and with drain spells, there's hardly any point in training for life. i'd say, train in the celestial schools when you get there. do yourself a favor and train for amplify, tough, strong, monstrous and gargantuan. forget the other auras and accuracy enhancers. they;re a waste in my opinion.
hope this helps!
jason thundersword lvl 95
I agree. Ice after Tower Shield is pretty much a waste without the blade/trap and Death really doesn't need a secondary school for spells at all.
I also agree to train the Sun school spells but would add a few Star spells as well:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Sun_School_Spells

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Star_School_Spells

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
Don't worry about buying back the training points. Even though you likely won't use the Ice spells past tower shield, you don't need that many spells as a Death wizard. The other places where people spend training points don't really apply to Death since you never need to heal, you can cast plague, and get feint without spending any training points. Even after getting Star, Sun, and Shadow spells, I have a bunch of unused training points for my Death wizard.

Historian
May 15, 2009
there is no real issue. trust me when I say that between your level and the current level of 95 and soon to be 100 there are PLENTY of opportunities to earn a great number of training points which you can spend in any school you desire.

right now I would really just save what you have. when you get to Celestia I say invest in a little of all three astral schools.

invest in amplify from the star school (available at basecamp)
invest in strong from the sun school (available at base camp)
and invest in the bandit polymorph from the moon school (available at the portico)

as you progress in celestia begin building from strong, to giant, to monstrous, and eventually gargantuan.

trust me when I say you can never go wrong with bolstering attack spells, especially one like Scarecrow.

as far as star spells go, you can get by fairly easily with just getting amplify. you can buy the spell fortify from the bazaar in large numbers and for a fairly cheap price which saves you a space in your main deck that could be used for something else.

now I recommend the bandit polymorph because in terms of sustainability and defense Death is fairly strong. the bandit is a storm polymorph and lets you have a little more oomph if you have a monster that could use a storm touch to take care of.

pretty much these are the only spells you need throughout celestia and you'll be absolutely fine.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2014
Thanks for all the help guys. One more question. To get the bandit polymorph I have to train all the way through mander and gobbler right? Same with other spells like tough and amplify

Survivor
Mar 07, 2014
One MORE thing. Is it worth it to train reshuffle? And I do not do PvP

Historian
May 15, 2009
I do not believe you have to train through any specific moon spells to get them. you just need the training points, the level to use the spell and to find the teacher who teaches it.

unlike the sun school spells like tough.

basically it is a sequential power up for a specific sun spell type. going from a small power boost to a very large power boost over time.

as for the star schools there are no prerequisite spells you need to learn in order to train amplify. it is available from the get go once you have the level and training point.

sun school spells are the only ones that require you to buy the spells in a certain order to get what you want.

as for your last question I highly recommend you train reshuffle.

that is a spell that is mandatory in any school deck no matter what type of wizard you are. in battle things are not always going to go as planned your cards can burn out rather fast and without a reshuffle you are left with nothing in your hand and that can be a real problem.

I have made it a habit to buy reshuffle on every wizard I have because it's one of the basic cards in my basic set up for every wizard. it gives me something to fall back on in case I run out of cards

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Immortalking4343 on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for all the help guys. One more question. To get the bandit polymorph I have to train all the way through mander and gobbler right? Same with other spells like tough and amplify
Yes you must train Gobbler to get Mander then Cat Bandit, so it will be 3 training points to get Cat Bandit. Training reshuffle isn't worth it for most PvE players. You can always just buy the Treasure Cards from the Librarian and those only cost 3 pips instead of 4 to cast. If you're in a situation where you night need a reshuffle, throw a couple of the TC in your deck.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Immortalking4343 on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
One MORE thing. Is it worth it to train reshuffle? And I do not do PvP
Is it worth it? Yes. As soon as you can get it? It depends. Reshuffle can be purchased in the Wizard City library and there is an amulet version available. I don't need it very often but when I do, I do. The case can be made that because the treasure card version is only 3 pips instead of 4 and because its readily available for gold that you can use that training point on something more urgent. I, however, am ultimately both lazy and tight with money. I don't like how expensive it is (1100 gold per card) nor that I have to periodically take the time to go buy more and put them in my side deck. For me, its fine early on in the game (though I typically use an amulet as soon as possible) but at some point I make that purchase just so I don't have to fiddle with it anymore.