Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Leaving a Dungeon & Re-Entering: Conflicting Rules

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2014
When i enter a dungeon it often says that if i leave or log off for more than 30 minutes i lose all progress...

but then... if i try to leave through the way i just came into the dungeon, it will tell me that if i leave AT ALL i will lose all progress...

but then... if i leave by porting (home, world city, or personally-placed)... i get the red port-to-dungeon button... and if i use it, my progress is still in tact... this also works if the port is to one i personally-placed in the dungeon...

and then there are times when i have done everyithng to do in a dungeon... and when leaving i get the massage about losing all progress... even if the quest arrow and quest instructions tell me to leave... which makes one think twice about leaving such COMPLETED dungeon AT ALL!

this is VERY confusing...

is the 'lose all progress if you leave at all' message always wrong?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Peteroid69 on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
When i enter a dungeon it often says that if i leave or log off for more than 30 minutes i lose all progress...

but then... if i try to leave through the way i just came into the dungeon, it will tell me that if i leave AT ALL i will lose all progress...

but then... if i leave by porting (home, world city, or personally-placed)... i get the red port-to-dungeon button... and if i use it, my progress is still in tact... this also works if the port is to one i personally-placed in the dungeon...

and then there are times when i have done everyithng to do in a dungeon... and when leaving i get the massage about losing all progress... even if the quest arrow and quest instructions tell me to leave... which makes one think twice about leaving such COMPLETED dungeon AT ALL!

From the Player Guide:

"Dungeons
Dungeons must be completed to get full credit. Logging out, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, going to another dungeon, playing a Mini-game, going to a PvP or Derby match, or going to your home will reset the Dungeon. Leaving any other way gives you 30 minutes to return before the Dungeon resets."

https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/questing2

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Peteroid69 on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:

The message that says "lose all progress if you leave..." is not always right.

I can think of a few dungeons (in Krokotopia and Grizzleheim) where you go to walk out of the dungeon and you get that message. But I took a chance because it was a short, easy dungeon, and I did not lose my progress and the quest was complete.

If I am "not sure" about the message, I port to the Commons (or the Oasis, etc.), just to be safe.

But, yes, it is very confusing.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Oran of Urz on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
From the Player Guide:

"Dungeons
Dungeons must be completed to get full credit. Logging out, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, going to another dungeon, playing a Mini-game, going to a PvP or Derby match, or going to your home will reset the Dungeon. Leaving any other way gives you 30 minutes to return before the Dungeon resets."

https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/questing2
That info is partially incorrect. I port to home or common area all the time to play potion motion and refill when I solo dungeons. I've never lost my place. Much easier now since you don't even need a mark.