Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

im sad to leave.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
if only this game had harder modes to play on while in pve.

mobs and definitely bosses have to low of health.

~Kelly

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
KevinGoldGem on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:

~Kelly

apparently you're either buying henchmen, fighting with a team or on low level worlds. You want a challenge, try soloing somewhere 10 or more levels above yourself.

Defender
May 11, 2012
Kelly,
I am sorry you are leaving. You are one of the lucky ones who think this game is too easy. There are a lot of us that started this game, because we wanted something to relax with that was fun and not too hard; a stress-relief from real life. Unfortunately, many of us have found the game becoming increasingly too difficult, and many are considering leaving, because the game has just become too hard and time-consuming. As a middle-aged mom, I just don't have time to spend hours on dungeons. The second arc completely changed the enjoyment I use to get out of the game. I have been stuck in the same area of Avalon now for a year (mobs are no problem for me; the cheating bosses are), and knowing that there are many more chapters in the story and new worlds to come with the levels of difficulty increasing, I fear I, too, may be turning in my membership soon, but for the opposite reason that you are.

It is impossible to make a game that can cater to everyone, but I think KI has lost sight of the original reason Wizard101 was made for in the first place.

If you leave the spiral, I wish you luck in your future gaming endeavors.

Autumn FairyDreamer, :Level 79

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Autumn Rain on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Kelly,
I am sorry you are leaving. You are one of the lucky ones who think this game is too easy. There are a lot of us that started this game, because we wanted something to relax with that was fun and not too hard; a stress-relief from real life. Unfortunately, many of us have found the game becoming increasingly too difficult, and many are considering leaving, because the game has just become too hard and time-consuming. As a middle-aged mom, I just don't have time to spend hours on dungeons. The second arc completely changed the enjoyment I use to get out of the game. I have been stuck in the same area of Avalon now for a year (mobs are no problem for me; the cheating bosses are), and knowing that there are many more chapters in the story and new worlds to come with the levels of difficulty increasing, I fear I, too, may be turning in my membership soon, but for the opposite reason that you are.

It is impossible to make a game that can cater to everyone, but I think KI has lost sight of the original reason Wizard101 was made for in the first place.

I agree with this 100%

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Kelly,

Thank you for saying it a lot nicer than I would have. I would have said something like "don't let the door hit ya on the way out".

People forget, especially the younger generation, that this is suppose to be a casual, family oriented game that everyone can play. If people find W101 too easy, then they should look for another game more difficult that caters to their needs. I have several games, that range from casual to hardcore, that I play. If I want something more difficult, then I go to the hardcore game .... if I want something fun and magical to play, I go to W101 or P101.

Not every game needs to ramp up the difficulty just to cater to the few that want it. Most of us want to keep this game more family oriented in play-ability ...... but alas, I'm afraid it's losing the war because of the second arc and the hardcore complainers.

Explorer
May 13, 2013

~Kelly

Don't give up on this great game! You could make a new character and start on that. Or you could start playing with friends. That's how I get myself back into the game. Hole this "method" helps!

Pokebow
Lvl 22

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
KevinGoldGem: I agree with AutumnRain and Ravenlady777.

I have more than one account, and I mostly play now on my newer, lower level wizards. My highest wizard is sitting at the end of Zafaria, and I doubt that she will be going any further.

Most of the other higher wizards are sitting in Dragonspyre. I dread the thought of moving them on to Celestia. It lost its "joy" for me when it became more work than fun. I have also had a family member that stopped playing after Celestia too.

I'm sorry that you plan to leave. Maybe you will find another game that better suits the challenge that you need. I wish you luck wherever you may travel, even though it may not be in The Spiral.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

~Kelly

There are several ways to make the game as difficult as you like but few choose to do this, they just keep ramping their wizard up and want everyone else to see their point.

Reducing gear and pets usually can make more of a challenge. It is possible the game in general just isn't for you - it happens.

Mary

Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
A lot of people were upset with the huge health increase in Avalon, and quit the game because it was too difficult with the spells they had. People who stuck with the game didn't get to solo well until Level 86, when Potent and Sharpen was released! That's 16 levels than the beginning of Avalon! I think you should just wait, because KI is only going to make it harder and harder...
Hunter Starcoin, Level 95

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Kelly,

I agree with this as well.

This game started as a light, fun, family game, appropriate for younger kids. The light, whimsical tone of the game is what made it so special. It was never really meant to be a "hard-core gamers" game. Unfortunately, some people pushed for the harder stuff, and in the second arc it lost a lot of the magic. I am one of those who wish it would return to the lighter, more friendly side.

There are lots of other games out there aimed at the harder-gaming demographic. I'm sure you will find something more to your taste.

As for myself, I am with Autumn FairyDreamer, AluraMist, and Brynnerof Reign -- I want Wizard101 to return to its original vision, and bring back the childlike wonder and magic of the earlier worlds.

Defender
Oct 04, 2010
Don't give up Kelly! There's so much that awaits you, so many new worlds, friendships, and fun for you to discover. It's a great game if you give it chance, just stick with it. I know you'll end up loving it!

- Scarlet Moonstone lvl 41

Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
Really?!? I find it hard at times, lol maybe because i'm balance?

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
Kelly,

very well put . I would agree 100 % I have 4 separate accounts that I pay for and have seen a great difference between the first arc and the second . I have been playing for over 4 years and have lost a lot of enjoyment from the changes in the different story lines the second is all about beating a new and worse cheating boss every couple of minutes . the first was more about saving the spiral from Mali and that was just plain fun . the second became just plain work NOT FUN so now i stop after CL and wont go any further until KI addresses this issue for MOST of their players NOT the few that think it is too easy .

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
all of you are right, although my one and only wizard is finding the evil tuts of krokotopia, just thinking that the bosses are going to be cheaters, spiral rule breakers, and even black magic users, it saddens me. and the op pvp and crowns gear who makes you like the cheatin bosses imposible to defeat, also makes me sad for the wizards who dont want to have challenge, just the satisfaction of winning. makes me sad....

but on the other side, i think they should make the next world more whimsical and mysterios, more kid like, more... wizard city...... it makes me sad to hear that so many people are mad about this, but again, it gives me a challenge, and a purpose to make those tormentful creatures to dust and dirt, to make those horrible monsters who make young wizards leave the spiral payback, for all the magic and witchery that used to make them happy comeback, masters of the spiral ( aka KI staff ) make the next world like the first ones of malistaire, make them saveable, like azteca who i have heard was destroyed, make it saveable, make them happier, make them wonderful, make them more like the spiral, make bartleby proud, make the bosses although evil honest, make the worlds creative, give a second chance to CL,ZF,AV,AZ,KRY even AQ remake them with the same quests but add more spiral essence and magic, make them a entertaning time, make them, fun....

isaac godheart lvl 23 "young gamer with fathe"

" think creative like a kid, not like a adult who wants answers "

and i would rite more, but the limits of the boards dose not permit me to.....

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
And ...

I don't think you should quit. Finnagainwonder actually has a point

Kelly, please just don't quit! You might just be in the past, but there is a very exciting adventure in khrysalis!

And ahem, if the game is so easy , try soloing morganthe at the end! >:D

the game is made for kids and adults. They make it easier because some kids might get stressed, fusterated, mad, or upset if they lose or they just can't do a quest. I can get fusterated at a young age indeed but it doesn't stop me from playing, now does it? I have gotten all the way to level 41 and I am not stopping now!

what i'm saying is this game to calm down and have fun, let off steam, and maybe get in touch with faraway friends. I, myself, have a good friends and I've known her since I was lvl 15 and I don't level up quickly either. I think for the past year I've know her and we have a strong relationship.

someone may be looking for a friend like you!

Autumn summerstone level 41

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Sad to hear you are leaving, especially after a nonexistent cause.
The game is plenty hard enough.
I don't see why you people want it to be impossible. The game will only get harder in the third arc. But that is your choice.
I, on the other hand, will enjoy this game for as good as it is in the third arc.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
Leave? Why? I can spend hours on this game and not even get a quest completed! I this game and I know you are able to leave or not, but this game is just soooo much fun! (as my opinion)
When boredom comes, read a good book

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Make us be attacked by giant dancing rainbows, KI, just no more ridiculous cheating bosses, dark and gloomy graphics, and defeat and collect quests!