Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount Derby

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
Alright, I think it's safe to say that we all have been thinking of racing our mounts in a legitimate contest on Wizard101. Just like the pet update, there should be a mount update. I don't think the mounts should have battle stats or anything (its not like you can use a mount in battle) but racing on our mounts would be cool, instead of racing in big houses. Maybe we could get small rewards for winning like; gold, pet snacks, arena tickets, etc. Mounts have been around for a while now and it'd be cool to take them to the next level. I for one would thoroughly enjoy taking a Frontier dragon on a race track an competing against other wizards. What do you think?

-Jordan ThunderGlade

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Hey SilvaBlitz!

Couldn't help responding to your question. Yes, that is true, we all have been thinking of racing our mounts all around in a race. And it mostn definitely would be cool, but there is only one problem. Most mounts contain the same speed of 40%. So, no one really could race at a faster rate, unless you did some time of rinnung aeround corners cheat. So probably, the mounts could actually manifest some specific traits, but it would only appear in the races, and ONLY in the races. I absolutwely loved your idea and I hope Wizard101 will accept and accomplish your idea.

Austin GriffinBlade lvl 93sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
JudgeBoy on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Hey SilvaBlitz!

Couldn't help responding to your question. Yes, that is true, we all have been thinking of racing our mounts all around in a race. And it mostn definitely would be cool, but there is only one problem. Most mounts contain the same speed of 40%. So, no one really could race at a faster rate, unless you did some time of rinnung aeround corners cheat. So probably, the mounts could actually manifest some specific traits, but it would only appear in the races, and ONLY in the races. I absolutwely loved your idea and I hope Wizard101 will accept and accomplish your idea.

Austin GriffinBlade lvl 93sorcerer
You raise some good points there, but I was thinking more along the lines of training our mounts, sort of like how we started training our pets after the pet update. I was actually thinking of a few games.

Training games:
1) Relay Laps: Run through a track while grabbing food items and avoiding obstacles. (Sort of like how KI parodied Angry Birds with Grumpy Gobblers, this would be a parody of Subway Surfers)

2) Mount Underground: The players mount must dig into the earth in search of a magic bone while avoiding subterranean Goliaths.

3) Sky High Free Fall: The players mount must prove its aerodynamics by falling safely onto a huge cushion while dodging the blasts of the three elemental titans; Fire Dragon, Storm Lord, and Frost Lord.

Competition Game
1) Basic Derby: A derby similar to the pet derby

2) Hot foot Volcano: Players must use their mounts to escape and erupted volcano on a water-mole island.

3) Flag Runback (A team game): Players must capture a flag from the opponents' side of the field and take it back to their side without getting bumped. (Similar to football)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Hey SilvaBlitz!

I like your ideas alot! But I wanted to to ask, as you sated in your competition games and training games, they sopund so very similar to raising pets? I might be so wrong (so please correct me) but wouldn't that be along the lines of training a pet? because usually you sorta race pets as well, so wouldn't that be kinda similar? So I was thinking that none of the pets actually have feelings, so why dont we do something along the lines of a stat called love in which how much a mount loves it's trainer. The more it loves it's trainer, the more special attributes and faster abilities it gets (Just and idea dont really have to include it).

Anyaways, I hope we can continue this because I really do love your idea and we can keep expanding on it

Austin GriffinBlade.... you know the rest

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
JudgeBoy on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
Hey SilvaBlitz!

I like your ideas alot! But I wanted to to ask, as you sated in your competition games and training games, they sopund so very similar to raising pets? I might be so wrong (so please correct me) but wouldn't that be along the lines of training a pet? because usually you sorta race pets as well, so wouldn't that be kinda similar? So I was thinking that none of the pets actually have feelings, so why dont we do something along the lines of a stat called love in which how much a mount loves it's trainer. The more it loves it's trainer, the more special attributes and faster abilities it gets (Just and idea dont really have to include it).

Anyaways, I hope we can continue this because I really do love your idea and we can keep expanding on it

Austin GriffinBlade.... you know the rest
Yes, that's a very great idea. I think allowing the wizard to care and love a mount would add a better spin on things. You're right, when we train our pets there's little to no expression of the connection we form with our pets, so allowing us to befriend our mounts as if they were our partners would definitely make our mounts more special.

As for the training, I was sort of thinking they could be trained alike since they are sometimes put in the same category. I would definitely like to hear what you think the training our mounts should be. Lets expand our ideas.

-Jordan ThunderGlade

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Hi! sorry i didnt respond, life made me busy

Anyhow, I think we pretty much expanded all of our idea, there's not much more we can add (I have a really dull mind), so if you have any ideas you can add, we can expand on that one, and make it more amazing lol. As of right now, I sadly don't have anything, but maybe, as rewards (very rare) we can offer like rare mounts never before seen, to add a little spice to things. I'm like sleepy so I can't come up with anything right now xD. See ya later on the message boards!

Austin GriffinBlade Finally a max 95sorcerer