Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 won't work after login.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
Everytime I login to Wizard101 and it does the regular patch updates, it suddenly comes up with a window saying the file is a suspected virus file and I can either abort the connection or complete the download. I choose to complete the download but the window kept popping up. Eventually, it took me to a page where it said 'Error. This game couldn't be downloaded' or something like that.

I use Avast Antivirus. Is there a problem with this virus checker and the game? How do I fix it?

Survivor
Nov 30, 2008
I'm having trouble logging in as well, I got it to do it once, but the wizard101 splash screen just stayed up and it said "Loading Wizard101." So I closed it out, and now I can't even get it to connect to the patch server after login.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
elliott134832 on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Everytime I login to Wizard101 and it does the regular patch updates, it suddenly comes up with a window saying the file is a suspected virus file and I can either abort the connection or complete the download. I choose to complete the download but the window kept popping up. Eventually, it took me to a page where it said 'Error. This game couldn't be downloaded' or something like that.

I use Avast Antivirus. Is there a problem with this virus checker and the game? How do I fix it?
You would have to check with your antivirus provider. KingsIsle has no way to regulate your personal antivirus. I have WebRoot, and it will occasionally say that Wizard101 is corrupted, so I went through my antivirus settings to always allow Wizard101. It is not a corrupted/virus filled game, but some antivirus programs will read the coding in the game and assume certain aspects are bad. Have you tried going through your antivirus program's settings to exclude KingsIsle games on the list to check?

Other than that, I would recommend asking Avast Antivirus for further help or suggestions.

Sincerely,
Seth NightFlame95

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Don't worry the game is 100% safe. Just white-list wizard101 in your antivirus application. Chances are you may have to white-list Wizard graphical client as well as Wizard Launcher as they are 2 different files. With my antivirus I must white-list both the launcher and the game client itself. Might be different with yours. Good Luck :)