Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

dissapointed by the harp wand

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 09, 2011
I don't see why the harp weapon is used as a wand, you hold it hold it by the handle and move it around to cast. And then when you use the wand spell you go in the circle and use it like a blade.

Why cant we play it to cast that would be cool, and to use the wand spells we could go in the circle and rapidly play crazy notes that you see fly at the enemy damaging them.

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
MightySwashbuckler... on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
I don't see why the harp weapon is used as a wand, you hold it hold it by the handle and move it around to cast. And then when you use the wand spell you go in the circle and use it like a blade.

Why cant we play it to cast that would be cool, and to use the wand spells we could go in the circle and rapidly play crazy notes that you see fly at the enemy damaging them.
Eh? What harp wand? I've never seen anything like that....

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
MightySwashbuckler... on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:

i have one of these; my myth wizard got it as a drop once, and i agree that it would be cool to have him play it to cast. kinda like the mandolin from that other pack i've since forgotten the name of.

-von

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
The harp wand for the St. Patrick's Day event? I was also disappointed, because I was expecting something like the Mandolins.

Innate Shadowmancer Haley MoonHeart

Magus Pyromancer Julia FirePyre

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Malorn AshThorn446 on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Got to Pat O'Gold...they are for sale there, but not for long!

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
Malorn AshThorn446 on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
it's form the st. patty's day vendor

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Check out Pat by the fountain during St. Patrick's.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
Some of the seasonal "wands" Pat O'Gold sells (see her by the fountain in the Merchant District) are harps.

I was disappointed by the animation as well - I had anticipated something more musical like the charmer's mystical flute from the Mega Bundle or the mandolins from the Hoard of the Hydra packs. Waving the harp clumsily about as if it were a weapon just seems wrong (and at points in the animation part of the harp disappears inside my character's dress).

I bought one, stitched it, played with it a bit, unstitched it, and hung it one a wall - where it looks nice!

But hey, it is a whimsical seasonal item and it wasn't expensive in Crowns, so no big deal.

And it does look spiffy on the wall!

-Michael

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
eh, I suggested something like this last year... or was it two years ago? Yeah, strumming the harp to cast; and hitting the enemy with a barrage of music notes for the wand spell, would be cool.