Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eliminate Shadow Magic, Entirely Overpowered

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Please, stop spamming We get you hate everything about the Khrysalis update. Just because people stop commenting on your last spammed post does not need you have to post a new one! We are all tired of your complaining. Only wizards that have gotten to level 92 can get Shadow Magic, and by then you should have gotten allot of training points to be able to get stun. If you stun someone who is using Shadow Magic, their Backlash can't get reduced how they would like. So please, stop your spamming

-Nick level 95

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Stop your spamming! I've already posted on your spammed topics. We are tired of your constant complaining! If you hate it so much, why play Wizard101 at all? So just stop your spamming, we are all tired!

-Nick level 95

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
The backlash needs to AT LEAST double if people are allowed to 50% resist with little if any consequence.

It's ridiculous and out of hand. They can blade and attack and they take 100 damage. Big wow.

Please fix this spell and actually add a drawback that matters and not make it the overpowered "auto-win" spell that it is now.

This spell in its current form must be eliminated from pvp.

It's killing the arena aspect of the game. Eliminate Shadow Magic immediately from the arena.

Thank you.
The ONLY way they are getting only 100 backlash is if they are sitting at 1000 health OR LESS. If they are sitting at 1000 health or less and were forced out of the shadow spell(therefore taking backlash and even farther reducing their health) the question becomes...why aren't you killing them? ANY colossal rank 4 spell with an offensive setup will deal 1000 points of damage to a glass cannon set-up(the most common type that uses shrike) How many more drawbacks does this spell need?

1)Shadow Pip
2)Lasts 3 rounds
3)Negative Effect
4)Backlash
5)Locks you into a specific playstyle

Simply because you fail to utilize the NUMEROUS counters to this spell does not mean it needs to be nerfed or be made no PvP.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Nerf Shadow Shrike immiedately but it completely destroys the arena. This is one of the worst thought up ideas of the game, this awful Shadow Magic.

Please nerf Shadow Shrike immediately. It's entirely too powerful and it's taken ALL strategy and FUN out of the arena. Pleae make it NO PVP as it should have been in the first place.

Down with Shadow Magic.

Awful awful UNCREATIVE Shadow Magic.

Please fix this spell as it is blatantly overpowered with very few counters. If stun block is up one less counter.

Fix this spell it's too overpowered. Most overpowered spell in the entire game. Please fix this ASAP.

Thank you.
Simply stating that shadow magic is awful or horrible offers no evidence for why it is "the worst addition to the game". We have all given you numerous counters and ways to deal with this spell. Stun is only ONE way to counter this spell. The spell also has numerous drawbacks that make it well balanced. It is not overpowered at all. I do not support a nerf, ban or No PvP label on shadow magic.

Here is a list of counters and drawbacks
Counters
1)Stuns
2)Accuracy Debuffs
3)Dispels
4)Negative Charms
5)Beguile
6)Out healing the attacks
7)Aggressive Playstyle
8)Dual Shielding

Drawbacks
1)Backlash
2)Need a Shadow Pip
3)Deck Space limits
4)Locks you into a particular playstyle
5)Negative Effect

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Nerf Shadow Shrike immiedately but it completely destroys the arena. This is one of the worst thought up ideas of the game, this awful Shadow Magic.

Please nerf Shadow Shrike immediately. It's entirely too powerful and it's taken ALL strategy and FUN out of the arena. Pleae make it NO PVP as it should have been in the first place.

Down with Shadow Magic.

Awful awful UNCREATIVE Shadow Magic.

Please fix this spell as it is blatantly overpowered with very few counters. If stun block is up one less counter.

Fix this spell it's too overpowered. Most overpowered spell in the entire game. Please fix this ASAP.

Thank you.
well there are many ice in the arena that have 125-130 resistance to fire and storm. high end storm have around 30 pierce so 130 minus 30 is still immune. 20 aura takes it to 80 50 shadow takes it to 30% now its beatable. dont say use converts most storm and fire dont bother. this spell has its place just agains junk battles that use towers an in pvp vs heavy resistance ice or jade users. With shadow comes light - i am sure there will be a counter for this later on in part 2 of k.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Here's an example of where shadow magic would be overpowered-A grandmaster warlord in the 2000s in rating is battling a level 95 storm. The storm has low rank, but high critical, damage, and shadow spells. The warlord uses a strategy that, naturally, requires several blades, and must shield to survive. He has over 50 resist and 100 block, so he feels fairly safe with his storm shields. The storm begins spamming wild bolts, doing a few hundred damage each through the shields. The warlord is forced to shield nearly every round in order to repel the wild bolts. The level 95 puts up shrike, and then does 3 more wild bolts, which kill the warlord because of criticals and base pierce. Basically, what happens to my balance about 1/3 matches. From level 50, there is no way to counter that strategy. Shrike often makes it impossible to defeat OHKO strategies at level 50. It's rather ridiculous to take away a warlord's one main advantage (And ice's main advantage, as well).

Survivor
Nov 30, 2008
TheRealBlaze on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
Let me use something, converts on an Ice=about immunity cut down to 50 resist. C'mon now Aaron, don't put Ice wizards in the dumb seat. No Ice wizard would allow any Fire or Storm wiz to take 5 rounds minimum to pierce; even if you do manage to pierce through it, your damage isn't being boosted. "shrike almost always nullify resist." I beg to differ, on my Storm I use SS a lot in pvp, still leaving my owl reduced to the damage of a Levy, Storm was all about damage, so what happens when we take 5 rounds just to pierce, we're toast. Damage and Critical won't matter, let's take a look at storm shall we? My wiz's friend has 63 storm damage, with a total of 120 block, 199 critical and 12 resist to schools. Good stats right? WRONG! He has a ranking of Private, 400 is his rating. He has to waste his time with piercing, even when the piercing section is done, he still has to boost damage.

tl;dr My point is that converts never worked, never ever. They always shielded.
I wouldn't have even considered that good stats for the level 60 cap...