Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice spell-Mammoth

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
Please help me! I have to fight a boss in dragonespyre called "The collector" and he is a solo boss. Can someone give me any advice or tell me what to do?

Here is info on the monster
Monster

Health: 8,195
Minion: Colossus
Type:

Health: 1,000

My wizard

Type:
Health: 4,339
Level: 71

Name: Matthew Deathspear

What i try to do: I use a polymorph to put blades on my self or put traps on the enemy, But i aways end up dying while in my polymorph.

Sorry if this is in the wrong topic or forum!

Also, sorry if i gave poor info.

Thanks for reading!

Matthew deathspear

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
KrakenLordKraken on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
Please help me! I have to fight a boss in dragonespyre called "The collector" and he is a solo boss. Can someone give me any advice or tell me what to do?

Monster

Type:

My wizard

Type:

What i try to do: I use a polymorph to put blades on my self or put traps on the enemy, But i aways end up dying while in my polymorph.

Thanks for reading!

Matthew deathspear
Stop using polymorph...it obviously isn't working.

Any Death mob or boss never uses shields. Work on the minion first and once he's been defeated go after the boss. Use Life spells against him. If you haven't trained Life as a secondary school, use treasure cards.

By this level you have your ice trap and ice blade. You should also have trained the elemental trap/blade in Krok. Use them to boost your damage with your Ice spells.

It will take a bit of time, but it sure isn't impossible.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
First thing ... NEVER use polymorph spells. Honestly, they are totally useless and will get you killed in battle faster than you can sneeze.

Ice boosts against Death so that's one of the advantages you have. You don't always have to go for the big attack. Take out the minion first with smaller spells like Blizzard, Ice Wyvern and Colossus. Be sure to pack a few single blades and the tri-blades as these are essential for an Ice wizard. Don't forget to pack some Tower Shields for extra protection.

Once the minion is out of the way, you can concentrate on the boss. Again, using smaller hits can be beneficial. Don't feel like you need to take him out in one hit. Sometimes a bit more strategy and plugging away at the boss' health can get you a winning ticket.

Good luck, young wizard!

Brynn L95

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
KrakenLordKraken on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:

Monster

Type:

My wizard

Type:

Thanks for reading!

Matthew deathspear
Technically he's called The Hoarder, and i believe his minion has 1115 health, but I can't help you much, cause I only fought him on so far, but have plenty of Critical Block, he seemed to get critical quite often when I fought him, and eventually I just wore him down.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Well I was going to ask a question, but when I finished reading your post I see your problem. "Polymorph." The school is a complete waste of time (at least at this point.) Don't bother with polymorphs if you want to win your quest fight. Most polymorphs destory your resist and all your good stats. Either boost up a Snow Angel or Frost Giant and follow up with a Blizzard. Or else just kill the minion quickly with a Frostbite/Wyvern combo, if necessary.

Good Luck. Your minion might be useful to help eliminate the early as well.