Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A few questions about Arena Tickets...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Well, I know that you can buy a piece of gear that's levels above you like you can buy a Level 80 pierce of gear at level 30, it's just that you can't equip it. So my question is, is that the same way with Arena Ticket items? Only, it's in terms of rank and not level but some of them does have a certain level requirement to equip it thou (Like level 50 or 55). What I'm saying is, can you buy a piece of gear at private that's meant for a Warlord? I already know that you won't be able to equip the warlord piece of gear but can you buy it before you reach Warlord? Well, let's take it in terms of rank, let's say you're rank Knight and you have enough Arena Tickets to buy the Coat of Invincibility or some other piece of gear that requires a higher rank, can you buy that piece of gear that's of higher rank then you are even thou you're only at Knight? I'm not much of a pvp kind of person and haven't done PvP much because I'm not that interested in it so I'm asking all those PvP people that knows a lot about PvP and Arena Tickets and how they work.

Wait, if you're a Knight and you had bought a Warlord piece of gear, first off, are you able to actually buy it if you have enough Arena Tickets but you're only a Knight atm? And secondly, if you ARE able to buy the Warlord piece of gear, are you not able to equip it until you reach Warlord? Also, what if you just reached Warlord (Like have a rank number of about 901 or so) and since you're a Warlord, you equipped the Warlord piece of gear. You get into another PvP battle and you lost it and rank back down to Commander, if you still had the Warlord piece of gear on, what happens if you rank down to Commander if you have the Warlord piece of gear on? Does the Warlord piece of gear get automatically unequipped when you rank down or does nothing happen? One last thing, is storm good for PvP? I made a Storm Character for the soul purpose of PvP for the Coat of Invincibility and I'm planning on leveling it up to Level 16 and then try to get 1,000 Arena Tickets so I can buy the Coat of Invincibility for my Death Character (I'm gonna be using the Coat of Invincibility for appearance only so i'll be stiching it before I put it in the Shared Bank since that's actually the only way you can trade it and that's what I'm planning on doing anyhow)

Oh yea, also, if you stich the Coat of Invincibility using the Coat of invincibility for the Appearance and the other piece of gear for the stats, if you trade it to another character (already stiched) and then unstich it on the other character that you gave it to, will the other character have the Coat of Invincibility (at it's original appearance and stats)? I hope I explained my point clear enough and I hope it doesn't seem too confusing for ya. Well, I hope y'all can answer my questions and please try to explain it in as many words as you need to answer my questions fully. Thanks for reading and I hope y'all can answer my questions

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
Well, I know that you can buy a piece of gear that's levels above you like you can buy a Level 80 pierce of gear at level 30, it's just that you can't equip it. So my question is, is that the same way with Arena Ticket items? Only, it's in terms of rank and not level but some of them does have a certain level requirement to equip it thou (Like level 50 or 55). What I'm saying is, can you buy a piece of gear at private that's meant for a Warlord? I already know that you won't be able to equip the warlord piece of gear but can you buy it before you reach Warlord? Well, let's take it in terms of rank, let's say you're rank Knight and you have enough Arena Tickets to buy the Coat of Invincibility or some other piece of gear that requires a higher rank, can you buy that piece of gear that's of higher rank then you are even thou you're only at Knight? I'm not much of a pvp kind of person and haven't done PvP much because I'm not that interested in it so I'm asking all those PvP people that knows a lot about PvP and Arena Tickets and how they work.

Wait, if you're a Knight and you had bought a Warlord piece of gear, first off, are you able to actually buy it if you have enough Arena Tickets but you're only a Knight atm? And secondly, if you ARE able to buy the Warlord piece of gear, are you not able to equip it until you reach Warlord? Also, what if you just reached Warlord (Like have a rank number of about 901 or so) and since you're a Warlord, you equipped the Warlord piece of gear. You get into another PvP battle and you lost it and rank back down to Commander, if you still had the Warlord piece of gear on, what happens if you rank down to Commander if you have the Warlord piece of gear on? Does the Warlord piece of gear get automatically unequipped when you rank down or does nothing happen? One last thing, is storm good for PvP? I made a Storm Character for the soul purpose of PvP for the Coat of Invincibility and I'm planning on leveling it up to Level 16 and then try to get 1,000 Arena Tickets so I can buy the Coat of Invincibility for my Death Character (I'm gonna be using the Coat of Invincibility for appearance only so i'll be stiching it before I put it in the Shared Bank since that's actually the only way you can trade it and that's what I'm planning on doing anyhow)

Oh yea, also, if you stich the Coat of Invincibility using the Coat of invincibility for the Appearance and the other piece of gear for the stats, if you trade it to another character (already stiched) and then unstich it on the other character that you gave it to, will the other character have the Coat of Invincibility (at it's original appearance and stats)? I hope I explained my point clear enough and I hope it doesn't seem too confusing for ya. Well, I hope y'all can answer my questions and please try to explain it in as many words as you need to answer my questions fully. Thanks for reading and I hope y'all can answer my questions
I'll try my best. First, a Knight can NOT buy Warlord or Commander gear..but if you got to the rank Commander and bought the robe, then fell back to Captain you could still wear it. Also, even if you stitch an item, if either of the items you stitched are "No Trade" items the bank won't accept them. I also believe that you can't buy the Warlord PvP set if you are under level 50.

Wolf Skullslinger

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:

I don't know why KI does not allow lower levels to buy arena ticket gear above their lvl. You can buy gold gear and crowns gear above your lvl so why not arena ticket gear? Arena tickets are considered "valuable" but crowns are too. They might not allow you to buy the gear above your lvl because it's no trade.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
stormninja542 on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
I don't know why KI does not allow lower levels to buy arena ticket gear above their lvl. You can buy gold gear and crowns gear above your lvl so why not arena ticket gear? Arena tickets are considered "valuable" but crowns are too. They might not allow you to buy the gear above your lvl because it's no trade.
PvP and dropped gear are "earned". That is why you cannot buy/get them early. There is still a hole in the system though. Getting warlord is pretty simple at low/mid levels. You can earn Warlord at low level, then never do PvP again and come back at high level and get the maxed gear because you still have the rank. It's much more difficult to gain Warlord status at high level.