Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Given up PVP?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 27, 2009
I used to do pvp in the 1st Age with my Myth and Storm, but when Zafaria came out and critical got into its big stage, i'd been done. After walking into the arena one day and seeing a person with over 400 fire critical and around 250 around the board, I was already on my rhino on the run to the commons. I just don't know if Player Versus Player worth the chance anymore, with all the critical and block and treasure cards, it just became a nightmare. I mean, sure, those pets and amulets are pretty decent when you got the tickets to buy them, it just seems to have to be a REALLY good loner or in a Tank (a group of people who are given certain jobs to take on in PVP or in feared dungeons). I wish not to offend people who want to die hard as Player Versus Palyer Warlords but to just express my opinion. What i'm saying is, I just think it's gotten a little crazy, especially with these new tournament things with 50+ people staring at you wondering whether or not spending the money to enter was worth the hassle or not.

To the people to still got the guts to run in the middle of that minefield, happy dueling.

Marcus Suncrafter, level 67.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
wanted468 on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I used to do pvp in the 1st Age with my Myth and Storm, but when Zafaria came out and critical got into its big stage, i'd been done. After walking into the arena one day and seeing a person with over 400 fire critical and around 250 around the board, I was already on my rhino on the run to the commons. I just don't know if Player Versus Player worth the chance anymore, with all the critical and block and treasure cards, it just became a nightmare. I mean, sure, those pets and amulets are pretty decent when you got the tickets to buy them, it just seems to have to be a REALLY good loner or in a Tank (a group of people who are given certain jobs to take on in PVP or in feared dungeons). I wish not to offend people who want to die hard as Player Versus Palyer Warlords but to just express my opinion. What i'm saying is, I just think it's gotten a little crazy, especially with these new tournament things with 50+ people staring at you wondering whether or not spending the money to enter was worth the hassle or not.

To the people to still got the guts to run in the middle of that minefield, happy dueling.

Marcus Suncrafter, level 67.
My balance wizard not going to give up yet and she going to get out of Avalon so she can do better.

Why did you give up on rank pvp?

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Well, two of my friends who do 2nd Age PVP have insane battles. One who's name is Dylan Ironpetal, 42, has fought about 85 games last i saw him, and hit was just mad.

In a PRIVATE (note how many games he's had) PVP Ranked duel, a Death wizard around the same level as Dylan, and he used a Dr. Von's Monster treasure card and ironically it made a critical (mainly becuase of his wand and Lil' Siren with all board critical and double resistance) and insta killed the Ice wiz next to him with the strength of single hit destroy Zeus Sky Father in Mount Olympus.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 67

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
wanted468 on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
Well, two of my friends who do 2nd Age PVP have insane battles. One who's name is Dylan Ironpetal, 42, has fought about 85 games last i saw him, and hit was just mad.

In a PRIVATE (note how many games he's had) PVP Ranked duel, a Death wizard around the same level as Dylan, and he used a Dr. Von's Monster treasure card and ironically it made a critical (mainly becuase of his wand and Lil' Siren with all board critical and double resistance) and insta killed the Ice wiz next to him with the strength of single hit destroy Zeus Sky Father in Mount Olympus.

Have you try to use tc cards I rank pvp?

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Not trying to be rude, but I was hoping people would know by context clues I'm not a fan of pure tc wins, if it's just like a Ghost Touch, I really wouldn't care since its natural damage does less than 100 ice damage, but 4 pips and over aggravates me since they're so unconfident about their owns spells. Level 30's shouldn't be casting Avenging Fossil, I'm not saying to take treasure cards off the game, it just gets old to me with so many losses that would've have happened without them.