Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Wisp Generator

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
How about a Mana/Health Wisp Generator for your Castle?
You die, pop home for a minute to replenish your health & mana quickly then port right back to the fight.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Love it!

Kyle Earthshard () Level 61

Kane Star () Level 24

Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
I love it I wish it would really happen. But what about dorms? Would it work in dorms?

Defender
May 01, 2011
I love the idea! To extend from just castles, they should be all houses bought in the Crown Shop or received from mega cards! This would be a fun way of doing Water Works too, so you don't have to keep buying potions, and other dungeons too.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
I think that when you are defeated, you should port to your castle, not the main area of that land. I have Ben trying real hard to avoid the commons as much as possible. That and I love the idea

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Hmmm. I guess I must have made a mistake somehow. I tried replying to Chriss a couple days ago but it hasn't appeared yet.
Anyway. What I was envisioning is a type of pedestal with a platfrom surrounding it that wisps would circle around. That way you could avoid the clutter of wisps wandering all over your castle & ruining whatever asthetic effect you were trying to accomplish (although some people might like wandering wisps:).

I feel this is something that could be made available via the crown shop or become craftable like the current Housing Teleporters.

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
This idea I both like and dislike.
I love the idea for using mana and health orbs in a house for the fact after people in a pvp arena duel their points must regenerate slowly. If orbs are all around it can serve a point to be back in battle quickly. I feel this would be made possible by buying some sort of item or added function to the house. Just how one mentioned "bosses to guard a house" which is a huge topic, however I'd say that these things will be restricted to only a certain part of a house.

However in what I don't like is it doesn't serve a teaching purpose. If you fall you get back up and try again and with this it's a way to "take the easy lighter way out" cause with this persons can take advantage of home ports and go to the character screen and then log back on the same person and be closer to their goal which originally walking all the way teaches you to think "I need a new way to beat them I don't wanna walk this again"

Otherwise ok idea.
Joshua Frostthorn, 15 warlord ice
Kane DeathBringer, 95 sergeant death

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Defender
Jun 13, 2012
I would absolutely a castle wisp generator! I wouldn't even care if it was for a decoration purpose only. It would make my Acropolis beautiful with blue wisps everywhere.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I think the point of having wisps in the "commons" area in all worlds is to promote the idea of wizards mingling with one another. Already, when you go home, you regain health, but only at half of the strength rather than if you would stay in the commons. Personally, I think this defeats the purpose

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Greek and Roman Go... on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I think the point of having wisps in the "commons" area in all worlds is to promote the idea of wizards mingling with one another. Already, when you go home, you regain health, but only at half of the strength rather than if you would stay in the commons. Personally, I think this defeats the purpose
This treads real close to another thread topic all together about hanging out in the commons area.
I'll just say that out of 20+ million players on Wizard101 I seriously doubt that too many hang out in the commons area just to slowly regenerate health.
Especially when your in the middle of a quest to get 10 Whatchamahoozits from the Pumpkin Kings & you nearly die after each fight.

Castle Wisps would just be a way to help you get through your quests faster with less frustration.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I have Potion Motion game for my house and stuck it right near the entrance where you appear. It's much faster than wandering around for wisps anyways. I don't really see the need for a wisp generator. The common areas in all the higher worlds where you return when you die are loaded with wisps already and there's always a mini-games sigil nearby.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Pappy021 on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
This treads real close to another thread topic all together about hanging out in the commons area.
I'll just say that out of 20+ million players on Wizard101 I seriously doubt that too many hang out in the commons area just to slowly regenerate health.
Especially when your in the middle of a quest to get 10 Whatchamahoozits from the Pumpkin Kings & you nearly die after each fight.

Castle Wisps would just be a way to help you get through your quests faster with less frustration.
This makes sense. I believe that the way you put your argument disputes mine.

From, Diana Swiftfountain, lvl 87,