Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prisms and World Spell Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
I am hoping to clarify how prisms and world spells work together. With some searching, I found the follow:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/prisms-and-global-spells-8ad6a4153ff0ec8b0140113f9509586a

When is making me think it could work differently is these necklaces that give the world of one school and the prism of the opposing school. If the world/bubble bonus is calculated before blades/traps, then I'm not seeing the benefit of these necklaces. However, it the world bonus is calculated after traps, that it makes more since.

My only other thought, is that these are intended for making giant trap chains like: ice world+ice spell>ice trap>ice prism>fire trap>fire prism>ice trap. The necklace would mean you would only need to train or use treasure cards for fire trap.

Any thoughts are most appreciated.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
My understanding is that lobal doesn't fall into the order of blades, prisms and traps. A global boost is added to the cast OR the effect.
To clarify if there's an +25 Ice Bubble:

Wizard A casts Blizzard it gets +25%
Wizard B casts Meteor into a Fire Prism it gets +25%

Meteor > Fire trap > Fire Prism > Ice Trap > Ice Prism > Fire Trap would use all three traps, but NOT the global because it neither started or ended as an Ice spell.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Just an added point. The use of the opposite school prism with a global for your school very useful in certain boss fights. Just an example. If you are Storm and fighting Hades in Tartarus. You cannot cast a single prism on Poseidon so you have to use Multi. This causes a problem for Zeus because he's Myth. Solution, cast a single myth prism on Zeus, then cast the storm multiprism on all, then your Sirens or Tempest can kill all with the correct school.