Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

some things to think about

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
If you don't already know from my other posts, I DONT PvP, but that doesnt make what Im about to say invalid. I did a few times, and lost. No big deal there, I just never caught the bug, but can appreciate others have the bug.

Since I've been active on the forum here, I've noticed a trend of people speaking out about PvP. People who play complain that this, that or the other thing is unfair or should be removed. Now I want you to think about something. If there's more than one PvP player, there's bound to be people who think different things are unfair. That being said, if KI actually listened to you folks and removed/disallowed everything you wanted, there would be NO MORE PVP. Think about it. All of the following, and more are things people have asked to ban:

Pets, TC, Blades, Traps, Shields, Dispels, Minions, Sun Spells, X pip Spells, Gear, Turtles, Jades, etc etc etc

You realize that if KI actually listened to you guys that it would remove what you're trying to save? That's not to say that PvP shouldnt be fixed, but think about what you are asking KI to do, why you're asking them to do it, then realize others may disagree and want a strategy YOU use, to be removed.

Many people say "learn and adapt" and I've seen people offering suggestions on how to do it. You have to understand that PvP is very cutthroat by nature and if you don't do well, it IS possible that PvP isnt for you. To those who have been successful with it, great. To those who haven't, either keep trying and learn from defeats/get advice or just stop doing it; there are no other choices here. Complaining that you lost serves NO purpose other than to make yourself look silly. Asking for advice on the other hand does. If all you're going to do is complain that something should be removed from PvP, maybe it's YOU who needs to remove yourself from PvP.

Also, what people, in general have to think about, is things that are good for PvP are not necessarily good for PvE and vica versa. I've seen some ideas that other people suggest just get torn to shreds because it wont work in one side or the other. My question is, who cares? Maybe the suggestion was made to help ONLY one side. Just because it doesn't benefit YOU doesn't make it an invalid request. However, it seems that the PvP crowd is quicker to eat a suggesting alive because it doesnt benefit them or may unbalance PvP. That's fine, but again I say, maybe the suggestions was made for PvE. We got new minions that are PvE only and that has opened the door to having new things come down that only benefit one side of the game.

Try to think about the suggestion, as intended, as a whole, not JUST how it will affect you since you're not the ONLY one playing the game.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
dayerider on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
If you don't already know from my other posts, I DONT PvP, but that doesnt make what Im about to say invalid. I did a few times, and lost. No big deal there, I just never caught the bug, but can appreciate others have the bug.

Since I've been active on the forum here, I've noticed a trend of people speaking out about PvP. People who play complain that this, that or the other thing is unfair or should be removed. Now I want you to think about something. If there's more than one PvP player, there's bound to be people who think different things are unfair. That being said, if KI actually listened to you folks and removed/disallowed everything you wanted, there would be NO MORE PVP. Think about it. All of the following, and more are things people have asked to ban:

Pets, TC, Blades, Traps, Shields, Dispels, Minions, Sun Spells, X pip Spells, Gear, Turtles, Jades, etc etc etc

You realize that if KI actually listened to you guys that it would remove what you're trying to save? That's not to say that PvP shouldnt be fixed, but think about what you are asking KI to do, why you're asking them to do it, then realize others may disagree and want a strategy YOU use, to be removed.

Many people say "learn and adapt" and I've seen people offering suggestions on how to do it. You have to understand that PvP is very cutthroat by nature and if you don't do well, it IS possible that PvP isnt for you. To those who have been successful with it, great. To those who haven't, either keep trying and learn from defeats/get advice or just stop doing it; there are no other choices here. Complaining that you lost serves NO purpose other than to make yourself look silly. Asking for advice on the other hand does. If all you're going to do is complain that something should be removed from PvP, maybe it's YOU who needs to remove yourself from PvP.

Also, what people, in general have to think about, is things that are good for PvP are not necessarily good for PvE and vica versa. I've seen some ideas that other people suggest just get torn to shreds because it wont work in one side or the other. My question is, who cares? Maybe the suggestion was made to help ONLY one side. Just because it doesn't benefit YOU doesn't make it an invalid request. However, it seems that the PvP crowd is quicker to eat a suggesting alive because it doesnt benefit them or may unbalance PvP. That's fine, but again I say, maybe the suggestions was made for PvE. We got new minions that are PvE only and that has opened the door to having new things come down that only benefit one side of the game.

Try to think about the suggestion, as intended, as a whole, not JUST how it will affect you since you're not the ONLY one playing the game.
I agree but I do kind of disagree with the part that pvp isn't for everyone. I thought that pvp wasn't for me until I actually found out a good strategy. Anyone can do well in pvp but that is only if you are determined enough to find the solution for doing well. Everyone starts off pvp bad but after learning a decent strategy and learn to ignore any bad behavior from your opponent you can do well and enjoy pvp.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
You hit the nail right on the head...
PvP is totally optional. I don't believe that Arena Tickets can buy you anything good for PvE. PvP won't help you at all in quests, and you can safely ignore it without suffering any detriment at all.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
dayerider on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:

Well said, well said. I bow to you. You pretty much just nailed it right there lol

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Robobot1747 on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
You hit the nail right on the head...
PvP is totally optional. I don't believe that Arena Tickets can buy you anything good for PvE. PvP won't help you at all in quests, and you can safely ignore it without suffering any detriment at all.
the arena tickets can buy reagents, which can then be used for crafting better gear. This in turn helps out PvE directly; especially with some of the more rare rewards. There's also the ger that can help train pets/garden better which is a direct help to PvE people. =D

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
This is a great post., you put it perfectly. Players need to stop asking things to be banned just because it doesn't suit them.

There are more relevant issues to be discussed.