Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Balance" Blade?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
I was wondering how come every other school except balance have their own unique blades like firebladee +35% fire damage but balanceblade is +25% to the next outgoing damage i actually want KI to make a "balance"blade that gives +25% to the next outgoing BALANCE spell this is because the only blades taht can boost balance hits are bladestorm and balanceblade and it is not enough. a "balance" blade, maybe should be called dragonblade, should be added to make balance hits more powerfuli understand that there are also elemental blade and spirit blade but they only boost spectral blast hydra and chimera. anyone agree with me to add a "balance" blade
-Kenneth PvP Warlord
-Kenneth Night Pvp Warlord
-Kenneth Dragon Warlord

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
4everL0ve on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
I was wondering how come every other school except balance have their own unique blades like firebladee +35% fire damage but balanceblade is +25% to the next outgoing damage i actually want KI to make a "balance"blade that gives +25% to the next outgoing BALANCE spell this is because the only blades taht can boost balance hits are bladestorm and balanceblade and it is not enough. a "balance" blade, maybe should be called dragonblade, should be added to make balance hits more powerfuli understand that there are also elemental blade and spirit blade but they only boost spectral blast hydra and chimera. anyone agree with me to add a "balance" blade
-Kenneth PvP Warlord
-Kenneth Dragon Warlord
I thought that too! But I though of balance shield and other charms. But they need a dispel the next balance spell or whatever you would call that. If you think for a minute balance has an advantage of all the schools that makes them more powerful then your powerful than your ice, fire, just all those schools. Since balance has control of the schools, they wouldn't need a " balance" blade or those other charms and wards. So just think... their own blades, shields, and all that other stuff

Alia Frostflame level 22

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
It sounds like a good idea but balance is most effective in group play because they can help boost other players' attacks. Just like life has damage but usually heals, balance has damage spells but is mostly for boosting or shielding. I hope this answers your question.
Legendary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You have 2 blades, that's one more than every other school except for storm. With sharpen that's 4 blades, add item/pet sharp or TC sharp and you can stack up to 8 different blades that will boost Balance spells. Balance is meant to be BALANCE, not an attack machine.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
4everL0ve on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
-Kenneth PvP Warlord
-Kenneth Dragon Warlord
I am sorry, but I don't agree with you. I've never agreed with anyone that wanted to either add a Balance Blade to Balance's inventory or even decrease the Ice and Life blades' power. Now you may ask "Why?" and I shall tell you...

Balance is a Supporting School like Ice and Life. Sure each school has attacking spells but we were given either mostly Shields, Blades, or Healing spells to create equality throughout the School System. This explains why Storm, Myth, and Fire have weaker blades because they have higher attack power. And why Life, Ice, and Death have weaker blades because they have a lower attack power. Aside from that and back to the topic at hand. Balance doesn't need a Balance Blade because they support other schools with their Healing Spells, Blades, and Shields. Plus, when you add up all their Blades at hand they can do just as much damage as a Myth or Fire Wizard. But I also understand that sometimes you must sacrifice all your blades to remove a Weakness if you don't carry Cleanse Charm. But I'm sure KingsIsle could make some type of Cleanse Charm for Balance to learn.

Anyways, to conclude this post I'd like to talk about something off topic for KingsIsle in general. What I'd like to see from you KingsIsle maybe in a future Arc is about the Creator from the Lore I've read about the Spiral. And as well I'd like to maybe see Mother Nature as either a Life Spell and even have her play a part in a future arc. Lastly, I'd like to see more about the History of how Balance Magic, and Spirit Magic came about. Who were the creators, were there creatures like the Elemental Titans that made the Magic or was it made by something else?

~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald....

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Emerald9649 on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
I am sorry, but I don't agree with you. I've never agreed with anyone that wanted to either add a Balance Blade to Balance's inventory or even decrease the Ice and Life blades' power. Now you may ask "Why?" and I shall tell you...

Balance is a Supporting School like Ice and Life. Sure each school has attacking spells but we were given either mostly Shields, Blades, or Healing spells to create equality throughout the School System. This explains why Storm, Myth, and Fire have weaker blades because they have higher attack power. And why Life, Ice, and Death have weaker blades because they have a lower attack power. Aside from that and back to the topic at hand. Balance doesn't need a Balance Blade because they support other schools with their Healing Spells, Blades, and Shields. Plus, when you add up all their Blades at hand they can do just as much damage as a Myth or Fire Wizard. But I also understand that sometimes you must sacrifice all your blades to remove a Weakness if you don't carry Cleanse Charm. But I'm sure KingsIsle could make some type of Cleanse Charm for Balance to learn.

Anyways, to conclude this post I'd like to talk about something off topic for KingsIsle in general. What I'd like to see from you KingsIsle maybe in a future Arc is about the Creator from the Lore I've read about the Spiral. And as well I'd like to maybe see Mother Nature as either a Life Spell and even have her play a part in a future arc. Lastly, I'd like to see more about the History of how Balance Magic, and Spirit Magic came about. Who were the creators, were there creatures like the Elemental Titans that made the Magic or was it made by something else?

it's fine if you dont agree and i think you made an error in your 2nd paragraph.
well, balance is a supporting school and as well as a school that can stand by itself. although other schools did only have one blade other than storm, elemental/spirit blade is also another blade for them, its just that they are considered balance spells that require 1 training point.
also, i didnt request anything too much. just a blade that boost balance hits by a little like +20%.
think bout it, for example, lifeblade+spirit blade=40%+35% but balanceblade+bladestorm=25%+20%
i know bladestorm blades all allies but i usually quest alone so bladestorm isn't really that useful to many people like me, other than pvp because i normally do 2v2 or 3v3. right?
Kenneth Dragon

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
This would unbalance balance...

Balance has no prism, shield or trap specifically for it. So, why should it have a blade for it? So, no, I don't think this would be the best idea. :/

~ Vanessa

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
You have 2 blades, that's one more than every other school except for storm. With sharpen that's 4 blades, add item/pet sharp or TC sharp and you can stack up to 8 different blades that will boost Balance spells. Balance is meant to be BALANCE, not an attack machine.
they have 2 UNIVERSAL blades, but none for balance only damage. Every school has spells that are useful to other schools

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Emerald9649 on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:

So, let me get this straight, because Balance is a helper school it doesnt deserve a blade to boost it's own primary attacks only? Death can be considered a helper school and it has it's own boosts. Hell, life is considered a helper school by you and has two sets of blades; for attacking AND healing.

This is a ridiculous line of thinking. Each school SHOULD have blades that effect its own spells, and balance is no different. How come Balance doesnt have a shango amulet? What harm would it be to do this? If you want to keep balance as a "you must lend your spells to every other school" then why not give it the dragonblade as a learned spell?

I'm sorry, but I have to agree that Balance should have ONE blade that is specifically for Balance damage. Just because balance CAN share its abilities doesn't mean it HAS to or SHOULD. By that logic, the following spells should be carried by their perspective schools at ALL times in case somebody else needs them:

Balance: Elemental/Spirit Blade/Shield/Trap/Spear/Diffuse, Precision, Balanceblade, Black Mantle, Helping Hands, Hex, Bladestorm, Power Nova, Availing Hands, Mana Burn

Death: Feint, Infection, Sacrifice, Curse, Plague, Dark Pact, Empower, Virulent Plague, Mass infection, bad juju

Fire: Steal Charm, Choke, Smoke Screen, Detonate

Ice: Tower Shield, Stun Block, Freeze, ice Armor, Steal Ward, Legion Shield, Frozen Armor, Snow Drift, Cooldown

Life: Sprite, Spirit Armor, Satyr, Minor Blessing, Fairy, Pixie, Unicorn, Guidance, Regenerate, Triage, Dryad, Rebirth, mass Triage

Myth: Earthquake, Buff Minion, heal Minion, Pierce, Cleanse Ward, Stun, Blinding Light, Shatter, Shift

Storm: Disarm, Cleanse Charm, Storm lord, leviathan, Sirens, Enfeeble

This is exactly what you’re saying; that because these spells are universal, they should always be carried so that other players can use them.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I agree with the OP. If balance is to effectively measure up to the other schools, then we need something that benefits us exclusively.

Yeah, I get that we're supposed to be support only, effective to everyone else but ourselves, blah blah. But that doesn't cut it at the upper levels. If you're like me and often have entire servers to yourself, being part of a team won't work: we need to be able to hit hard and sustain ourselves, just like the other schools can and have always been able to. Sure, sharpened blade helped a little, but fact remains that every other school can easily out-buff us.

It would seem to me that we are slowly being phased out and/or relegated to support status only. That's not to say I don't have awesome stats (because, believe me, I do), but that I had to work a lot harder than the other schools to get there. But not everyone can be the great Vonawesome: the average balance wizard does not have my stats, and it's about time we evened the playing-field.

-von shadowsong
promethean

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I've personally sailed through the Spiral on my Balance Character.
Both as a Solo fighter, and as a Duo Support, Balance has made my experience a little tougher, but much better and helped round my playstyle.
My Death is 95, Solo'd almost everything, minus 2 instances(Undead Mlistaire being the most difficult and needed a group).
I'm finding Storm to be challenging, mainly to stay alive long enough to kill with.
I'm finding Myth to be Very Difficult... Oh, and Emerald, Death's blade is higher than Myth's, and Death hits Harder as well as having the option to heal from a hit...

To be absolutely honest, With a near perfect Armament, and a couple of Sword Ferns in my garden, I'm able to triple stack my blades. TC Sharpen, Pet Sharpen and origional, on BalanceBlade, Bladestorm, and Elemental for m\y Spectral Blast and Hydra, or SpiritBlade for my Chimera.
With 9 Blades, you can kill about anything.

This also gives me 6 blades for my sandstorm, Ra, and Power Nova as Hit All Spells, and when you factor in Judgement, 3 x Balance Blade, and 3 x Bladestorm, Hex, and feignt, at 14 Pips...

Not much is gonna live through the slaughter...

Balance is fine as it is IMO

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dayerider on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
So, let me get this straight, because Balance is a helper school it doesnt deserve a blade to boost it's own primary attacks only? Death can be considered a helper school and it has it's own boosts. Hell, life is considered a helper school by you and has two sets of blades; for attacking AND healing.

This is a ridiculous line of thinking. Each school SHOULD have blades that effect its own spells, and balance is no different. How come Balance doesnt have a shango amulet? What harm would it be to do this? If you want to keep balance as a "you must lend your spells to every other school" then why not give it the dragonblade as a learned spell?

I'm sorry, but I have to agree that Balance should have ONE blade that is specifically for Balance damage. Just because balance CAN share its abilities doesn't mean it HAS to or SHOULD. By that logic, the following spells should be carried by their perspective schools at ALL times in case somebody else needs them:

Balance: Elemental/Spirit Blade/Shield/Trap/Spear/Diffuse, Precision, Balanceblade, Black Mantle, Helping Hands, Hex, Bladestorm, Power Nova, Availing Hands, Mana Burn

Death: Feint, Infection, Sacrifice, Curse, Plague, Dark Pact, Empower, Virulent Plague, Mass infection, bad juju

Fire: Steal Charm, Choke, Smoke Screen, Detonate

Ice: Tower Shield, Stun Block, Freeze, ice Armor, Steal Ward, Legion Shield, Frozen Armor, Snow Drift, Cooldown

Life: Sprite, Spirit Armor, Satyr, Minor Blessing, Fairy, Pixie, Unicorn, Guidance, Regenerate, Triage, Dryad, Rebirth, mass Triage

Myth: Earthquake, Buff Minion, heal Minion, Pierce, Cleanse Ward, Stun, Blinding Light, Shatter, Shift

Storm: Disarm, Cleanse Charm, Storm lord, leviathan, Sirens, Enfeeble

This is exactly what you’re saying; that because these spells are universal, they should always be carried so that other players can use them.
Your logic fails on the face. You keep complaining that Balance school spells can help other schools. You fail to realize the obvious. Balance can USE any school spell with it's blades. It's blades affect ALL it's spells, not just some like every other school. As for your list of "universal" spells, pretty much every single one ISN'T. If Balance gets a Balance blade, by your own logic they should lose the universal blades.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Dear Dayerider and 4everlove. The reason Balance doesn't have an additional Balance charm is because if they did they be overpowered. And if you're to exchange a current blade of theirs for a balance only blade they wouldn't be a supportive school thus breaking their purpose. After all they're already at an advantage in PvP which many sorcerers fail to realize. And how are they at an advantage you may ask well lets look over their spells:

Mana Burn: Easily spammed and reducing the opposing team's chance to attack.

Supernova: Used often enough to break the auras needed, especially Infallible which is useful to break their shields.

Spirit/Elemental shield: Spammed for zero pips allowing them to avoid taking massive damage while stacking up pips and blades.

Availing/Helping hands: Works around Life Dispels breaking a useful strategy.

Now, if we added an additional balance blade how would anyone win? They even have traps that can boost their power. Now again I know Balance doesn't have a Cleanse Charm so again I suggest the idea that Kingislse maxes one. As for your statement about me saying that I only think schools should do what their purpose was I apologize. This was not my intention but I do believe that if you don't want a theurgist to heal than we simply wont.

To conclude this post, I'd like to say I think that the Spirit and Elemental Shields should cost 1 pip. After all it evens the playing field and since they're basically getting three tower shields but restricted to a certain school it deserves to cost them something.

~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald...

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Emerald9649 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Dear Dayerider and 4everlove. The reason Balance doesn't have an additional Balance charm is because if they did they be overpowered. And if you're to exchange a current blade of theirs for a balance only blade they wouldn't be a supportive school thus breaking their purpose. After all they're already at an advantage in PvP which many sorcerers fail to realize. And how are they at an advantage you may ask well lets look over their spells:

Mana Burn: Easily spammed and reducing the opposing team's chance to attack.

Supernova: Used often enough to break the auras needed, especially Infallible which is useful to break their shields.

Spirit/Elemental shield: Spammed for zero pips allowing them to avoid taking massive damage while stacking up pips and blades.

Availing/Helping hands: Works around Life Dispels breaking a useful strategy.

Now, if we added an additional balance blade how would anyone win? They even have traps that can boost their power. Now again I know Balance doesn't have a Cleanse Charm so again I suggest the idea that Kingislse maxes one. As for your statement about me saying that I only think schools should do what their purpose was I apologize. This was not my intention but I do believe that if you don't want a theurgist to heal than we simply wont.

To conclude this post, I'd like to say I think that the Spirit and Elemental Shields should cost 1 pip. After all it evens the playing field and since they're basically getting three tower shields but restricted to a certain school it deserves to cost them something.

everybody is soo afraid of overpowering one school or another. Has it crossed anybody's mind that if they give balance this spell, they'd be giving other schools new spells too? Do you guys and girls really think KI would give ONE school a spell without balancing the game in other ways?

Emerald, there are bigger things at stake than JUST PvP. Just because YOU have a problem with it's PvP use, does NOT mean it shouldnt be done for PvE. I'm so tired of whiny PvPers complaining about every idea because what they do with the game, which is the minority, is effected by many of the suggestions that are made. The game is MORE than PvP. however, to satisfy the freakout you just had at the thought of losing your rank, make it PvE only and problem solved

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
dayerider on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
everybody is soo afraid of overpowering one school or another. Has it crossed anybody's mind that if they give balance this spell, they'd be giving other schools new spells too? Do you guys and girls really think KI would give ONE school a spell without balancing the game in other ways?

Emerald, there are bigger things at stake than JUST PvP. Just because YOU have a problem with it's PvP use, does NOT mean it shouldnt be done for PvE. I'm so tired of whiny PvPers complaining about every idea because what they do with the game, which is the minority, is effected by many of the suggestions that are made. The game is MORE than PvP. however, to satisfy the freakout you just had at the thought of losing your rank, make it PvE only and problem solved
I couldn't care less about PvP, what I'm saying is Balance doesn't need another Blade. If you give them an Enchanted Balance Blade and a Regular Balance Blade and then enchant a Sandstorm you'll be done with the battle. Everyone has had this topic about giving Balance a Convert, or Trap, or even a Blade. It's sickening, they don't need another blade. And in PvP they're already able to win against every school but themselves. I think KingsIsle would probably give us all a new spell if Balance got a Blade but we're not focused on that right now. We're already balanced out pretty much and so they're focusing on new content and spells.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
I agree with the idea on making the Spirit and Elemental Shields cost one pip. Why? Think of it from a PvE point of view too. Not only does it round out a few edges in PvP, but think about Balances bosses and minions that spam the shields. It would benefit everyone in both PvP and PvE, and btw I'm soley a PvE player. PvP has become too dramatic for my liking.

Morgrim, Lvl 81

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
dayerider on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
they have 2 UNIVERSAL blades, but none for balance only damage. Every school has spells that are useful to other schools
Haha, some one forgot to give me that memo. I am definitely an attack balance. That being said, as much as I would love to have this balance only blade of which you speak. I think the only way that could be fair is if the other schools were able to have/train a universal blade. I could see that significantly changing game play, possibly even upsetting the balance. ( du dun dun) Lol, seriously though.

Amber Raven Song, 95

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
AmberRavenSong7 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Haha, some one forgot to give me that memo. I am definitely an attack balance. That being said, as much as I would love to have this balance only blade of which you speak. I think the only way that could be fair is if the other schools were able to have/train a universal blade. I could see that significantly changing game play, possibly even upsetting the balance. ( du dun dun) Lol, seriously though.

Amber Raven Song, 95
Well, there is an idea here. Make Blade Storm an all school learn (like Spirit/Elemental Blades) and then give Balance the Balance blade for balance damage only. This way, Balance gets a school specific blade, they lose blade storm as a balance school only (which should help quell the "balance would now be overpowered" mentality), and give everybody an extra blade all at the same time, making it uniform and balanced all around.

That is JUST a thought off the top of my head. I dont know if it would work or not, but there you go :)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
AmberRavenSong7 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:

Amber Raven Song, 95
My balance wizard *can* play support, but is either the tank or damage dealer in most group scenarios.

The problem with other schools receiving a universal blade is that they already have access to universal blades: our trained balanceblade and bladestorm, pet or item cards, may cast talents... as I mentioned, the other schools can easily out-buff us and giving the other schools their own universal blade would defeat the purpose of giving us something that benefits us only.

And yes, I appreciate good puns now and again. :)

Survivor
Jan 24, 2013
We just want to be able to wand off weaknesses and tower shields with a myth wand spell and keep our blades, like all other schools, (except myth, but they can use another type of wand spell). Plus, that blading would cost four pips, and eight turns, and in that time we could have had a weakness cast on us or they could have tower shielded. Which brings back to my thing about wanding off debuffs (or buffs in their case with a shield). Plus if we get that weakness or tower, all those blades come off, in a pretty much useless attack.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
This.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Noah Griffinpants on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
We just want to be able to wand off weaknesses and tower shields with a myth wand spell and keep our blades, like all other schools, (except myth, but they can use another type of wand spell). Plus, that blading would cost four pips, and eight turns, and in that time we could have had a weakness cast on us or they could have tower shielded. Which brings back to my thing about wanding off debuffs (or buffs in their case with a shield). Plus if we get that weakness or tower, all those blades come off, in a pretty much useless attack.
Carry some cleanse charm TC. The plain fact of the matter is that Balance will never get a blade of it's own because no one has shields for it. That is one of it's stated strengths as explained by Alhazred and a reason for it's creation. Adding Balance blades, shields and prisms would defeat to entire reason for creating the school and would totally unbalance the school.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Balance is my favorite school, but I hope this never happens. Balance would become too powerful if something like this was implemented. I'm sure many people in favor of this blade are also people who complain about Judgement being too powerful. Now, imagine those same Balance Wizards having the ability to wand off your Weakness and Plague without removing their blade(s), etc.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
If balance would like specific blades then I would like specific wards to defend against them. Until that happens, I am against adding specific blades for balance.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
So your saying that its fair other schools get giant boosts and balance doesnt?
Lets break it down:
Bladestorm: +20% Balanceblade: +25% sharpen blade bladestorm: +30% sharpened balanceblade: +35%
So all together that would be 110% damage boost.
Now what about storm?
Stormblade: +30% elemental blade +35 (fire and storm as well) Sharpened stormblade: +40% sharpened elemental blades: +45%
So all together that would be 150% boost! and its storm! dont you think they are already powerful enough? plus if they have a balance on their team they get even more boosts! Now dont even get me started on ice or death.
Why KI did this ill never know. But I also dont like how anybody that makes a topic about balance your always the first person to come criticize them on how they are wrong. As a Balance i would love extra boosts from what i've seen from reading your posts its like your fine with having little damage boosts IDK why but it makes no sense.