Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will Malistaire ever come back?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
Morganthe is pretty cool. But no boss can match the awesomeness of my favorite villain ever, Malistaire.

When I defeated Malistaire the first time, I was sad to see such an awesome villain go. And *SPOILER ALERT* Malistaire the Undying is really cool, though a little creepy. And then we defeat him a second time, and he's gone again! I really hope they bring him back, and i just wanna know what everyone else thinks about him and if he will make another comeback.

~Esmee Watertalon, Level 43 Ice Wizard

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
GrizzleheimianTham... on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
Morganthe is pretty cool. But no boss can match the awesomeness of my favorite villain ever, Malistaire.

When I defeated Malistaire the first time, I was sad to see such an awesome villain go. And *SPOILER ALERT* Malistaire the Undying is really cool, though a little creepy. And then we defeat him a second time, and he's gone again! I really hope they bring him back, and i just wanna know what everyone else thinks about him and if he will make another comeback.

Well, according to the Blind Mew topic on these message boards back in December, King Artorius said 'Malistaire the Undying is gone, lost in the space between the worlds' so, sorry.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012

I completely agree with you esmee. but I think it would be cool if we vs malistaire and morganthe the undying in the new ark to come don't you think. But I agree malistaire was pretty awesome. but morganthe is way more evil

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
How intimidating would a Morganthe the Undying be? That would be so creepy. I wonder how evil and cool the next villain will be!

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Ha! Lost forever? It's Malistare, an arguably better villain than Morganthe, and overpowered too, hey may be between worlds, but he is indestructible, as we all know. He will do... something to come back, even if it kills-or re-kills him.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Roberto Angleblade on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:
Ha! Lost forever? It's Malistare, an arguably better villain than Morganthe, and overpowered too, hey may be between worlds, but he is indestructible, as we all know. He will do... something to come back, even if it kills-or re-kills him.
LOL, I agree. Death makes us die, but it just makes Malistaire more awesome.

I sincerely doubt that KI brought him back for the sole purpose of breaking our black little wizard hearts (or provoking my fan-girl rage). And I have no doubt that he will be back; Sylvia, too... there are so many holes in that plot, and in my little wizard heart, that still need filling!

Sad face,
-von

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
It'd be cool, but i doubt they'll do it again. Its just to repetitive for some people (Not me, i'd honestly love it), so they won't do it probably.

I still will never forget how happy I was the day me, my sister and friends were after beating him the first time. The second time, I was happy, not as happy as the first time though. I'd probably LOVE a third time, but as i said, i highly doubt it.

I think it'd be really cool if they made it so he helped us in the future, like, maybe he walked next to us like the mouse guy who follows us in Khrysalis.

Who knows, maybe we will see him once more.

Angela Gem
Level 91

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

I think if Morganthe can so can he. I was not as impressed with undying version though. How can you really take back undying?

insert from monthly news letter:

"We have such amazing plans ahead, including the culmination of Morganthe's tale (or is it?) as well as several new chapters ahead in the story of the Spiral."

Mary

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
wraithcaster on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:
Well, according to the Blind Mew topic on these message boards back in December, King Artorius said 'Malistaire the Undying is gone, lost in the space between the worlds' so, sorry.
He has wings, so who knows? he might fly back or something. I hope.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
GrizzleheimianTham... on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
He has wings, so who knows? he might fly back or something. I hope.
I don't think we should bring back old characters constantly, if KI does decide to bring back Malistaire, maybe they might also bring back Morganthe.

On a more literal note, wings would not work in space, if he comes back, I think it will be more likely he crashes into a world.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
I feel like they have to bring Malistaire back somehow; think about it. If he really is "lost between the space within the worlds," that sounds like he'll just float around in space forever.

That doesn't sound right. I think the suggestion that he crashes into a world is more likely.

And thank you for pointing out that wings wouldn't work in space. I didn't think of that.

~Esmee Watertalon, level 46

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
GrizzleheimianTham... on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
I feel like they have to bring Malistaire back somehow; think about it. If he really is "lost between the space within the worlds," that sounds like he'll just float around in space forever.

That doesn't sound right. I think the suggestion that he crashes into a world is more likely.

And thank you for pointing out that wings wouldn't work in space. I didn't think of that.

~Esmee Watertalon, level 46
I said it once, on another post, sorry, I just don't feel we should be bringing back everyone all the time. (Which may not be what you're saying, all the time.) If we bring back people too much, we may be like, 'Oh, Malistaire is back? What is that, five times now? Alright, let's get this over with.' I want KI to keep us on our toes, not be too repetitive, do it TOO often and twist endings may soon become expected events.

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
He's gone... Here are the posts from Swordroll and King Artorius in the "Story Time- Dec 2013" thread...

Here is Swordroll's post:

"1. I'm wondering what you can tell us about Malistaire the Undying. Where'd be go? Is he coming back in the third arc, the finale, or neither?

2. Did Morganthe have any hand in the Malistaire arc? (There are rumors she poisoned Sylvia, etc.)

3. What ever happened to the Briskbreeze questline? The threat seemed imminent, and that was back before Morganthe's arc.

Thanks!"

Here is King Artorius' reply:

"1. Malistaire the Undying is gone... lost to the icy grip of the Outer Void that spans the space between the Spiral Worlds.

2. No.

3. "That would be telling." :) (Briskbreeze is a note pinned to a board of "things we certainly must get back to as soon as we have the time.")

cheers,
JS
King Artorius"

For those who don't know what JS stands for, it stands for "Jesse Scoble" which is King Artorius' real name. Mr. Scoble is the writer who started writing the Wizard story from Zafaria onward, including Crab Alley.

Here is the link, feel free to copy and paste it: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/story-time-dec-2013-8ad6a41442e643220142fd53ad7c1807

The link should also be shown as a hyperlink (I think)...

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
I don't think he should be brought back all the time, just one more time since him just vanishing into space seems a little odd. Like I said earlier, if he just floats around in space forever, that doesn't quite feel right. You make a good point though, we shouldn't bring characters back all the time; it would get boring. But I just feel like KI needs to make Malistaire a more definite end; wandering in space forever means he's still there (sort of).
Also I am just obsessed with Malistaire, I admit, and my fangirl side wants him back.

~Esmee Watertalon, level 47

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
wraithcaster on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
I said it once, on another post, sorry, I just don't feel we should be bringing back everyone all the time. (Which may not be what you're saying, all the time.) If we bring back people too much, we may be like, 'Oh, Malistaire is back? What is that, five times now? Alright, let's get this over with.' I want KI to keep us on our toes, not be too repetitive, do it TOO often and twist endings may soon become expected events.
I totally agree, Belloq has gotten to be like that. We've fought him more than anyone. I liked Malistaire as much as everyone, but sometimes you just have to move on to newer things.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
Malorn AshThorn446 on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
He's gone... Here are the posts from Swordroll and King Artorius in the "Story Time- Dec 2013" thread...

Here is Swordroll's post:

"1. I'm wondering what you can tell us about Malistaire the Undying. Where'd be go? Is he coming back in the third arc, the finale, or neither?

2. Did Morganthe have any hand in the Malistaire arc? (There are rumors she poisoned Sylvia, etc.)

3. What ever happened to the Briskbreeze questline? The threat seemed imminent, and that was back before Morganthe's arc.

Thanks!"

Here is King Artorius' reply:

"1. Malistaire the Undying is gone... lost to the icy grip of the Outer Void that spans the space between the Spiral Worlds.

2. No.

3. "That would be telling." :) (Briskbreeze is a note pinned to a board of "things we certainly must get back to as soon as we have the time.")

cheers,
JS
King Artorius"

For those who don't know what JS stands for, it stands for "Jesse Scoble" which is King Artorius' real name. Mr. Scoble is the writer who started writing the Wizard story from Zafaria onward, including Crab Alley.

Here is the link, feel free to copy and paste it: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/story-time-dec-2013-8ad6a41442e643220142fd53ad7c1807

The link should also be shown as a hyperlink (I think)...
Again, I doubt that Malistaire is just floating around in space forever. Like von said, there are a lot of holes in the plot there. I think it's very possible he will come back.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
seethe42 on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
I totally agree, Belloq has gotten to be like that. We've fought him more than anyone. I liked Malistaire as much as everyone, but sometimes you just have to move on to newer things.
I know... but still, if he comes back, maybe he'll help us fight Morganthe.

Sorry if I am being annoying.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
I just realized I'm basically saying the same things over and over.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2012
Malistare will come back but through the power of a crystal from the destroyed world of Azteca, found in the after math of the comets tail debris. Think about it.
Jeffrey Goldrider
Lvl 90

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Interesting idea, Leppard24. I'm not sure who said this on a previous forum, but why would KI go through all of the trouble of bringing him back just for one scene? Also, (although he is not one of my favorite villains ever) I would be quite disappointed to see him back for only one scene.It just seems too easy, if you know what I mean.

Haley MoonHeart, Innate Shadowmancer

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
According to what people have said King Artorious claims that Malistaire is in between worlds. He is bound to crash into one of them. Isn't he? It just makes sense. Did I mention if he crashes he is "Undying"? LOL

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I definitely don't think we've seen the last of him at all. He might not be around again for another few worlds, but he'll be back. He's the first main villian, and I'm sure most people's favorite. He just fits the bill for a villian, the name, the look.

Would be kinda cool to see him and Sylvia Drake both as villians. She could battle the cow for the Life School. LOL, just kidding.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I definitely don't think we've seen the last of him at all. He might not be around again for another few worlds, but he'll be back. He's the first main villian, and I'm sure most people's favorite. He just fits the bill for a villian, the name, the look.

Would be kinda cool to see him and Sylvia Drake both as villians. She could battle the cow for the Life School. LOL, just kidding.
Who knows? Moolinda Wu (cow that you are refering to) may have some ninja pigs at her side.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2012
Dr Von on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
LOL, I agree. Death makes us die, but it just makes Malistaire more awesome.

I sincerely doubt that KI brought him back for the sole purpose of breaking our black little wizard hearts (or provoking my fan-girl rage). And I have no doubt that he will be back; Sylvia, too... there are so many holes in that plot, and in my little wizard heart, that still need filling!

Sad face,
-von
I Very Doubt mailstare will come back, A 3rd time would be boring, who knows he might come back.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2012
GrizzleheimianTham... on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
I know... but still, if he comes back, maybe he'll help us fight Morganthe.

Sorry if I am being annoying.

With my earlier post, I Thought about it, With a eariler post aswell, I Doubt Malistare will be floating in space On a clump of Xilbalia , there's many Loop holes in the w101 story line And holes, Maybe malistare will come back and might help us fight morganthe, - Hunter Ghostbane, level 75