Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-17-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday again, and we're back to the hustle and bustle here at Ravenwood, but I wanted to pop back in to toss out a new topic of discussion for this week's Feedback Friday!

Now that you've had about two months, some of our most advanced Wizards have made their way to the newest discovery of the Spiral. For those of you who have been there, what is your favorite thing about the first part of Khrysalis?

I hope you have a fantastic Friday, and a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Quite a bit, actually. Shadow Magic is fun. The mice are adorable. The more relaxed questing pace compared to Azteca. The outdoor scenery was really pretty. I wish we could have assistants all the time as they were very helpful. I also love the gear some of the female mice wear. Would love a jeweled headband as a hat. I'm happy with what has been done so far in part 1. Looking forward to the second installment.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
I myself haven't made it to khrysalis yet, but the most interesting thing IMO is shadow magic, it looks so amazing, even when u aren't using it, the shadows trying to draw shadow pips are incredible

Survivor
May 25, 2012
My favorite part is the epic scenes, such as Dorian's swoop in, and the Broodmother's entrance with Dyvim.
Things such as that would have never happened when the game started.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
I have been waiting for this topic to arise !
My favorite part, my Professor is the part where Dorian rides in on his dragonfly for his attack run!
Also I would like to add the part 30 seconds later where you watch the mice people jump through the bee gate and begin the war (which I guess continues long after it is needed, but it's fun to watch the mice and bees fight so its good I suppose).

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
My favorite thing about Khrysalis is the new followers that give you better stats. They are so helpful. I also like the amount of XP you can get. It's so high now. Over 100,000 sometimes! Thanks for the great update!

Random schools :P

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Well I haven't actually gotten into Khrysalis yet, but from hitching a ride there on the test realm I can tell you that my favorite part is the fact that it's he start of a swing back into a more realistic difficulty curve. I had been having major problems with early Azteca, but didn't find the mobs in the Moon Cliffs (the one combat area i saw) to be terrible problem.

I hope you remember a lesson from this, don't cater to those who think the game is too easy, because they probably have some sort of unfair advantage.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I have three! I like that the world introduced Assistance's to the game. I also like the three different skies the world has. I also love that it's original, and not based on anything!

-Nick

Survivor
Jun 03, 2013
Hello, Professor Falmea

I personally loved the extra assistance, from the friendly henchman/minions at the beginning and end of Khrysalis part one.

-For these reason:

-Not everyone can afford crowns to buy henchman/minions, so the extra help from the game was very enjoyable. ( For me and I’m sure others as well )

-Not everyone runs around in packs. Some of us don’t have many friends or in some cases ( I’m sure ) any friends at all, and if we do they don’t want to or can’t help. But on the other hand for those who do have friends, who would or could potentially help are never on the same time as you are.

-Finally, some of us also have limited playtime as well. So the little extra help from the game is really helpful and is much appreciated. So now your opening doors for those players like me with no friends to help and the inability to buy crowns to proceed through the game without wasting huge amounts of time in front of where ever were stuck at the time for hours or even days at a time. Hoping someone most likely not will come and let you join them in the fight you’re currently stuck on. Just so that you can complete one quest and move on to next one and get stuck all over again.

So in conclusion the extra assistance was very helpful and enjoyable to have. I hope you will continue this in Khrysalis part two. It will be very much appreciated from players such as me, who has the problems listed above. Who knows what it’s like waiting, hoping, even praying for someone to come and help you with a quest. Knowing that there is a very high chance that the next players will be rude an unwilling to help.

I very much appreciate you asking for out thoughts. I hope my opinion will be taken in to consideration. Thank you for your time, Bye.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I truthfully didn't find very much that I enjoyed about this topic of Khrysalis. Honestly pretty much all of it was a HUGE disappointment for me. I guess the thing I enjoyed the most was the level cap increase? Maybe... that's probably about it. It seems to me that each update things look more and more slapped and slopped together quickly just to release material to the players. This was the worst update they've done since I started playing.

5 new levels of experience to gain
A bunch of gear nobody will ever use
King Artorius spells really were upsetting it's the same animation practically for crying out loud!

I REALLY hope they abandon anymore King Artorius ideas for spells in the future.

Even the questing in Khrysalis has lost ALL fun because it's just mindless clicking; there is no strategy needed whatsoever for fighting mobs in this world. Level 60-70 wizards could easily handle the mobs of Khrysalis. Very very disappointing. Thank you for trying KI but this update was terrible. Please try better for the next one :) Thank you.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I actually haven't gotten to Khrysalis, I'm in Celestia currently, but my friend took me once, and I loved the Bastion. I also went to the Silent Market, and helped him with a boss in Moon Cliffs. The world looks pretty cool though, and I hope part 2 comes out before I finish part 1!

Hunter LifeLeaf

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Khrysalis part 1 = I have not finished yet.
I was again very pleasantly surprised, KI has again created a world that is great fun, exciting and challenging.
I am most grateful for the many dungeon, with different bosses.
(Probably because I play alone, I have no friends in the game)
I am very interested in the history of Wizard101, and in all the ancient worlds that have disappeared from our planet. I recognize them in the game.
I look forward to each new world and the next chapter of the story.

Pyromancer girl Level 93

Community Leader
I have to say honestly, I love the scenery. The mouse village is simply amazing.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2013
I haven't been to Khrysalis, but it seems cool.

-Padric Skullstaff, level 37

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I liked the companions for some of the quests, hope to see that continue.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
ViciousVenomousVix... on Jan 18, 2014 wrote:
I truthfully didn't find very much that I enjoyed about this topic of Khrysalis. Honestly pretty much all of it was a HUGE disappointment for me. I guess the thing I enjoyed the most was the level cap increase? Maybe... that's probably about it. It seems to me that each update things look more and more slapped and slopped together quickly just to release material to the players. This was the worst update they've done since I started playing.

5 new levels of experience to gain
A bunch of gear nobody will ever use
King Artorius spells really were upsetting it's the same animation practically for crying out loud!

I REALLY hope they abandon anymore King Artorius ideas for spells in the future.

Even the questing in Khrysalis has lost ALL fun because it's just mindless clicking; there is no strategy needed whatsoever for fighting mobs in this world. Level 60-70 wizards could easily handle the mobs of Khrysalis. Very very disappointing. Thank you for trying KI but this update was terrible. Please try better for the next one :) Thank you.
You have obviously not seen all of Khrysalis. There is needing strategy. You are very rude. How would you like to make a video game? You are one of those strange people that just skip the story line. The reason the King Artorius spells are the same is because it's from the Sword of Kings. Also, has there ever been a strategy needed to fight mobs in ANY world? No, there hasn't, unless you don't know how to play. My suggestion is, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

-Nick

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
The whole thing was great! Visuals, story, music, battle, and it all fits together. My favorite part is the last instance with Ghost Dog. It's fun, not too long, hard enough to be interesting but not crazy, and the companion adds a whole new aspect to the game. Well done!

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
The 4th potion bottle. It's been forever and a half since the 3rd!!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
My favorite part was having the mouse-companions for some of the quests.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Gosh, I can't possibly choose just one favorite. So many things were really awesome. :D Among my top favorite things there would be:
1.)The adorable little mice and flying squirrels. Honestly, they are just too cute. :)
2.)The contrasting scenery. There's the beautiful happy mouse village in Last Wood, and then the dark, foreboding Fort Rachias. I like how KI perfectly balanced the amount of happy places, and scary places.
3.) The baby dragonfly. The part when the dragonfly is just a little baby is just so cute. :D
4.) The tragic, happy, crazy, and funny storyline. Honestly, they put in so much emotion. They have the hilarious bee dance, to add a funny twist. They add the tragic almost-death of Dyvim, which is so sad I honestly cried a little. They have the amazing restoration of Bastion and so much more ... I just love the emotion in the storyline.
5.) The music. Some of the best music in the game so far. :)
:D Thank you, KI.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Yes, the fourth potion was probably the best part with the level cap increase. I think that quest in itself is the nicest part of the update hands down. Then the level cap increase.

To Nick The original Azteca was fun, i think if they made the great good more obtainable then more players would be able to handle slightly more difficult mobs. Nobody can argue that the great gear isn't guaranteed. Also it's not like we are Level 10 in Wizard City anymore this is Level 90 minimum. Most players if they have got this far have developed some kind of technique not to die in the previous worlds.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I have to say, I enjoyed the cut-scene with Dorian's entrance on the dragonfly, even though I was kinda hoping I'd get to ride it. LOL.

Still, I agree with the person who said questing in Khrysalis wasn't very enjoyable. I found it very formulaic: talk to someone, collect stuff, gauntlet, dungeon, repeat... By the time my necromancer (my second wizard through Khrysalis) hit max level in Tyrian Gorge, I was sick of fighting the same mobs again and again. I was on autopilot by that point, and I just wanted to put myself out of my misery.

(anyone remember the dreaded Fire Lion Ravagers in Zafaria? It was that, all over again, and I'm sure KI already knows how much we loved those.../sarcasm)

Anyway, here's hoping part 2 will be an improvement.

-von

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I think you should add a shadow school icon on this website just like the other school's icons like these

Samuel lifebringer Level 95
+ Six More Wizards

Survivor
May 31, 2013
i have not been there yet but i have seen shadow magic i am fire look for me in fire cat ally