Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Butterfly effect and the disappearing void

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I dont know if its just my computer lagging out or if other people see this too but there is weird glitch when you exit bartalby that makes it look like you've stepped into a black void and stay until you get a little past the balance teacher in ravenwood.

The other one i mostly see in the commons and it looks like a messed up butterfly wing animation that stays around until you leave the area and come back (usually) I see it most near penny dreadful and occasionally in other worlds that have butterflies.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Discord Spiders on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
I dont know if its just my computer lagging out or if other people see this too but there is weird glitch when you exit bartalby that makes it look like you've stepped into a black void and stay until you get a little past the balance teacher in ravenwood.

The other one i mostly see in the commons and it looks like a messed up butterfly wing animation that stays around until you leave the area and come back (usually) I see it most near penny dreadful and occasionally in other worlds that have butterflies.
The black out thing has been going on for years, and while it's possible your video card drivers are out of date, it's unlikely. It's a glitch that has never really been addressed or fixed by KI. I've found if you turn (usually left, but sometimes right works too) the darkness goes away.

I've never seen the butterfly thing... just the occasional rainbow in the Commons. Same story as above.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I've never seen anything like either. When I walk out of Bartleby I just keep walking through the little area in front and past the Balance guy. Never seen any black or butterfly thing.

Survivor
May 18, 2010
I have seen both of these glitches which I really do see often, but I do think that it's just my video card is out-of-date; until, I went and got a new one and didn't stop. So I would say that it's something with KI on this part. I hope that they are able to fix this.

Level 95 wizard
~ Isaac Deaththorn

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Discord Spiders on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:

On my computer instead of seeing a black void i see a staircase that is visible for only a few seconds and disappears the closer you get to it. has anyone else seen this or is it just a freaky graphic mess-up.

Grace DreamRider 77