Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-10-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards, I hope you've stayed warm this week. Polar vortex, hmmm? Sounds like some ice magic got out of hand, I'll have to ask Lydia about that one... but either way, things are getting warmer (at least here), and it's time for Feedback Friday!

This week, let's ask a repeat question. It's been three years, and with that passage of time, we've uncovered new areas of the Spiral. My question to you, dear Wizards, is what door or barrier would you most like to see behind? I'd be especially curious to hear about areas Celestia, and beyond!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
there's is a shut gate in wysteris past tanglewood way and i have been curious for as long as the world has been out.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
In Zafaria, there's a bridge in Stone Town you can't cross, guarded by a Rhino Mercenary. I would really enjoy knowing what that is all about.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Unopened doors in Celestia and all places newer? Obviously, the fourth passage on the left side of the wall behind the trial of the spheres. Then there's the two gates in Pigswick academy, one behind Prospector Zeke, and the other on the opposite end of the street from him.

And now a more obscure one, in the survey camp, the metal tunnels the Marleybonians built have a symmetrical structure surrounding the chamber with the floating masks. One of them has the passage that goes to the pinnacles, but the other just has a closed door. There's some potential for an instance behind it.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
Professor Falmea on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Hello Wizards, I hope you've stayed warm this week. Polar vortex, hmmm? Sounds like some ice magic got out of hand, I'll have to ask Lydia about that one... but either way, things are getting warmer (at least here), and it's time for Feedback Friday!

This week, let's ask a repeat question. It's been three years, and with that passage of time, we've uncovered new areas of the Spiral. My question to you, dear Wizards, is what door or barrier would you most like to see behind? I'd be especially curious to hear about areas Celestia, and beyond!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
There is a door right by the house shop in the shopping district and by the edge. Maybe you guys are going to add a new gear slot

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Merle Ambrose's door with all the books in front of it!

He's hiding something...

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
If I could peek behind any door / blocked area I would look behind all of the doors in The Commons, and I would make a dungeon behind Elik's Edge where you can battle the Frost Giant. (An optional dungeon, of course.)

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I would like to see the Barkingham Palace in Marleybone to be opened up for wizards who have have finished the world.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013

I would like to see behind Barkingham palace. I know it is not Celestia or above because I am not that high of a level. I think it should maybe be a dungeon for level 75+ where you have to save the queen from higher ranked O' Leary kidnappers. When you become level 75 or are past 75 an icon appears on the side of your screen when you click on it Sherlock Bones says to come to him. There he gives you the quest
Wizard save the Queen! The quest takes you through the palace battling enemies, and stuff. The quest gives you 6700 experience, One wand based off of your school, and one pet. The boss the O' Leary Ring Leader is Myth, has 8000 health, knows spells from Humungo Frog to Basilisk. Can drop hats, robes, boots, tc, and rarely wands.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

I mentioned this last week: The hall with 3 of Ladon's heads sticking out of it near Mt Olympus.

Historian
May 06, 2009

Oh! I really like this question. There have been sooo many closed doors and barriers all over the Spiral that I've wanted to know what is behind. Here's what I'd like to venture into:

Wizard City
-In Merle Ambrose's House, there are double doors that are blocked by messy papers and unorganized books. I'm curious to know what Merle Ambrose keeps behind those doors.

Dragonspyre
-In the Plaza of Conquests, there are these huge dragon doors behind the Power Crystal Lazlo stands in front off. I've always wanted to know what secrets the people of Dragonspyre kept behind there. Maybe a mausoleum for warriors and their dragons?

Grizzlehiem
-Savarstaad Pass has these closed off paths that lead to nowhere. There's a path that leads off into the darkness across from Yngvar's clearing in the Burial Grounds that we don't use, one that's at the end of Webwood, and a last one near Frithir close to the Boar Camp. I think they'd make great boss areas.

-Nidavellir has two closed doors marked with a moon on one side and a sun on the other. They seem pretty important, but the story never took us to them. I hope to find out what treasures of Moon and Sun lurk behind them.

-In Mirkholm Keep in the Wolf Palace across from the Wolf cave formation, is a gate with a road the rounds off into the wilderness. I've always wanted to open those gates and see what is out the most northern backings of Grizzlehiem. On the sides of the Wolf cave there are these 2 gated caves. I wonder if we'll get behind them.

Celestia
-Across from the entrance to the Crustacean Empire in Celestia Base Camp, there is a closed gate that seems to lead nowhere. On the map, it looks like it leads out to an underwater clearing, but could it be possible that forgot rumble of Celestian life may be sitting there? Hopefully, we'll get into that.

Zafaria
-Okay, in the side quest "Long Memory" we are told about a place called Alissar, a lost city. In Zamunda, there are these Greyhorns guarding a broken bridge leading to a forest behind Baobab. In Stone Town, a wooded barrier blocks a bridge going to some buildings and a path to another forest. I'd like these areas to open up and let us find out if Alissar is lost in one of these forests.

Avalon
-They're weren't many closed off areas in Avalon, but I think there was a cave in High Road that wasn't used, and these blacken entrances in the Catacombs, where the passage is bricked up. Probably good locations for school quests. I'd like to know where Nodor is in Avalon though.

-In Caliburn there's a sigiled Cave on a zig-zag path near Sir Drustin I've always been curious about.

Azteca
-Azteca has all these unused sigiled areas all over the world. More side quests?

Khrysalis
-In Bastion, there is this huge door next to Romo Nighteyes. I really wanna know what the Burrowers use that place for as two Paladins guard it when Bastion is restored. Also they're are a couple of towers scattered around Silent Market and Bastion that look interesting to go into.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
hmm. now while i dont know much secret areas beyond celestia. there is one in dragonspyre that has always stumpted me. in the labyrinth was the dragonbust next to the lava fall.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
Personally, I think they should come up with different quests for each place.Oh, what about those doors behind Jotun in Hall of Valor?

AntonioFiremender lvl 46 fire

Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
Ruthless Anthony on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Merle Ambrose's door with all the books in front of it!

He's hiding something...
So true! I totally agree :) I really would like to see something in Wizard City, and not in any other world you know? Wizard City is more like home to me.. and it'll be nice to see more of it!!
~Nat

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
past the ropes and further into the library where will we find amazing spells!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Koolaidman647 on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
There is a door right by the house shop in the shopping district and by the edge. Maybe you guys are going to add a new gear slot
by "the edge" i assume you mean elik's edge

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I think one of the big secrets is the restricted section of the wizard city library. One of the other things I've been curious about is the closed of gate close to the final boss of the haunted cave.

Antonio Sandshade, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
OH I like this question! We can have more game? Yay!

Let's see...

The big doors in Nidavellir for sure.

The cave in Aquila up the hill from Tartarus on the same side. Something nasty is in there, I just know it. And what is in that big fancy building with the giant 3-headed creature? That looks important.

There could be a secret underground area under a street in Wizard City or Marlybone. Maybe there are giant rats down there in the sewer, or those alligators that were in the news. New rule though: if I have to go back to Marlybone I am NOT recovering any lost purses, hats, or jewelery. Those dogs can work out their own issues.

I think I saw an unused cave to Wintertusk, but I don't remember where. Any excuse to go back there would be great. Wintertusk bosses are always fun.

The big door by Romeo in KR? Leads to something big? It should.

And for the win - Dragonspyre... we go back in time to save it. There's been time travel already, so we know we can do it. Maybe after we beat undead Mali he turns good again, and his ghost and Sylvia send us back to stop the Dragon Titans and win fabulous loot. Please. (maybe via a ride in the professors totally original and not at all the tardis police call box?)

Now, the places I don't want to go: Anywhere in Zafaria, Mooshu, or Avalon that takes 10+ minutes to walk to. Those are lovely worlds, but a pain to get around in. Celestia. Too dreary and boring. And last, I don't want to set foot in Azteca until there's a way to stop that blasted ice. I have avoided finishing side quests there because of it. It's lag inducing and annoying and awful.

Well, whatever y'all come up with, I'm sure it will be entertaining. If it drops good new gear, double great. Thanks!

Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
I'd really like to see what is beyond the great doors in Twin Giants, Azteca.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
I'd love to see whats in the Aquila caves. ESPECIALLY the one with the 3 massive dragon looking heads near Olympus... Level 100-110 dungeon...?

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Oh! I really like this question. There have been sooo many closed doors and barriers all over the Spiral that I've wanted to know what is behind. Here's what I'd like to venture into:

Wizard City
-In Merle Ambrose's House, there are double doors that are blocked by messy papers and unorganized books. I'm curious to know what Merle Ambrose keeps behind those doors.

Dragonspyre
-In the Plaza of Conquests, there are these huge dragon doors behind the Power Crystal Lazlo stands in front off. I've always wanted to know what secrets the people of Dragonspyre kept behind there. Maybe a mausoleum for warriors and their dragons?

Grizzlehiem
-Savarstaad Pass has these closed off paths that lead to nowhere. There's a path that leads off into the darkness across from Yngvar's clearing in the Burial Grounds that we don't use, one that's at the end of Webwood, and a last one near Frithir close to the Boar Camp. I think they'd make great boss areas.

-Nidavellir has two closed doors marked with a moon on one side and a sun on the other. They seem pretty important, but the story never took us to them. I hope to find out what treasures of Moon and Sun lurk behind them.

-In Mirkholm Keep in the Wolf Palace across from the Wolf cave formation, is a gate with a road the rounds off into the wilderness. I've always wanted to open those gates and see what is out the most northern backings of Grizzlehiem. On the sides of the Wolf cave there are these 2 gated caves. I wonder if we'll get behind them.

Celestia
-Across from the entrance to the Crustacean Empire in Celestia Base Camp, there is a closed gate that seems to lead nowhere. On the map, it looks like it leads out to an underwater clearing, but could it be possible that forgot rumble of Celestian life may be sitting there? Hopefully, we'll get into that.

Zafaria
-Okay, in the side quest "Long Memory" we are told about a place called Alissar, a lost city. In Zamunda, there are these Greyhorns guarding a broken bridge leading to a forest behind Baobab. In Stone Town, a wooded barrier blocks a bridge going to some buildings and a path to another forest. I'd like these areas to open up and let us find out if Alissar is lost in one of these forests.

Avalon
-They're weren't many closed off areas in Avalon, but I think there was a cave in High Road that wasn't used, and these blacken entrances in the Catacombs, where the passage is bricked up. Probably good locations for school quests. I'd like to know where Nodor is in Avalon though.

-In Caliburn there's a sigiled Cave on a zig-zag path near Sir Drustin I've always been curious about.

Azteca
-Azteca has all these unused sigiled areas all over the world. More side quests?

Khrysalis
-In Bastion, there is this huge door next to Romo Nighteyes. I really wanna know what the Burrowers use that place for as two Paladins guard it when Bastion is restored. Also they're are a couple of towers scattered around Silent Market and Bastion that look interesting to go into.
I definetley agree with Finnigan on all of his suggestions (especially the Nidavellir doors) but I'm surprised he didn't put Barkingham Palace on his list

I would LOVE to have a cool optional dungeon or something behind the guarded doors of Barkingham

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
hum, many good answers already... I'm totally agree with most of them

some of the non-asked previous Celestia doors like :
- instances in Marleybone Palace (kind of Lost Avalon dungeon, it would be nice to explore) and an amazing level 100 double dungeon to farm for a life time behind the gates of Nidavellir, lol
- and yup, I'm dying to sneak into the Wizard City Library dark corridors for new spells, eh, eh
- of course, that works with any Library though, lol, Krokotopia, Wysteria, the Archives in Celestia, Zafaria and the Library in Outer Yard in Avalon! (did you try to read the books covers in this last one? you should, it's difficult but it's really fun ;+)
- guys, you forgot the unknown Island floating in Krokotopia, for me that's the biggest mystery for years now...

in more recent world :
- obviously the forgotten door in Celestia Base Camp
- in Zafaria, definitely the islands in Zamunda and Stone Town, I want to cross these bridges! ;+D
- Azteca is still new and there are many places where instances can be created
- same for Khrysalis, I'm so excited waiting for the 2nd part! and I'm sure it will let us discover more of the 1st part too

side worlds :
- anything in Wysteria is good, I love this world but it's too small, eh, eh, and especially the library dungeon, it's my favorite place, I wish there will be more to do there! but like someone asked for, new areas behind Zeke are fine too, lol
- same for Grizzleheim and Wintertusk, so nice worlds! always a great pleasure to go there!
- and of course, like it was already said, the Hydra Palace in Aquila and the caves ;+D window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
For me, it's definitely the Wizard City library - I've been wondering what's behind those ropes for a while now.