Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatching Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
Okay so I have a Nutcracker pet and I'm wondering if I train it to mega (or Adult) and it doesn't get Fairy Friend (may cast fairy), is it possible that I can still pass it down generations? Example:

This is my pretend pet:
Mega Firecat talents: Fire-Proof, Fire-shot, Wise, Dogged and Cheeky.

Let's say that I really want Fire-Giver so if I were to breed this with another pet, would it be possible for the baby to get fire-giver even though the fire cat didn't get it as a talent?

I really hope this makes sense :P Thanks :)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
SBeartalon7 on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Okay so I have a Nutcracker pet and I'm wondering if I train it to mega (or Adult) and it doesn't get Fairy Friend (may cast fairy), is it possible that I can still pass it down generations? Example:

This is my pretend pet:

Let's say that I really want Fire-Giver so if I were to breed this with another pet, would it be possible for the baby to get fire-giver even though the fire cat didn't get it as a talent?

I wanted a leopard pet to have spritely but maintain other fire traits so I hatched it with a Phoenix that did not have spritely manifested by adult and the leopard got spritely by adult from the Phoenix.

So yes even though you don't manifest a talent it can in theory, be passed down to hatched baby. Also note that things do not always go that easy for me. It's possible the Phoenix didn't have spritely in the talents it passed over to the Leopard hatched and I would not have gotten it at all.

Mary

Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
Northlite on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
I wanted a leopard pet to have spritely but maintain other fire traits so I hatched it with a Phoenix that did not have spritely manifested by adult and the leopard got spritely by adult from the Phoenix.

So yes even though you don't manifest a talent it can in theory, be passed down to hatched baby. Also note that things do not always go that easy for me. It's possible the Phoenix didn't have spritely in the talents it passed over to the Leopard hatched and I would not have gotten it at all.

Mary
Thank you so so so much!

~Savannah

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Sure. Any hatched pet can have any talent from the pool of 10 from each parent. The ones you see when you train the parents seem to come up a little more often in hatches, but any talent from a parent can come out even if it is hidden.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SBeartalon7 on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:

This is my pretend pet:

Most definitely. My betta fish from a gift card was a total bust on it's talents except for critical boosting. After like 5-6 hatches with it though, Healing Current became a talent in every pet in that line I hatched afterwards. Even if you don't train it past adult because you don't like it's early talents, it's still worth hatching for the talent. It pays to look at the pet tutorials and pet genome posts on the http://www.wizard101central.com forums. Knowing the order that talent slots appear in really helps a lot.