Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it time to teach all schools to heal?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
I have noticed in the recent classic tournaments where some matches were not allowed amulets, pets or treasure cards. kewl, but there is only 2 schools that do not have a one turn healing spell .... ice and myth. sure myth has 2 ways to gain a small amount of health by wasting 2 turns to summon a minion and then sacrificing it to gain it. but now days myth don't use minions that much anymore for pvp. storm has 1, fire has 2, balance has 2, death has 3 to 4 leaving life with 5 to 6 ways to heal.

storm needs a new heal spell too, if all schools had 2 ways to gain life off of one card would be nice. I don't mean like a straight up heal spell from the life school but something like what fire or death has, a damage spell with a heal kicker added to it. would id be more logical for myth to do what death can do and ice do what fire can do? or the complete opposite and have myth gain fires heal and ice gain death ability?

just something that crossed my mind is all.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Can't agree more. There's not enough you can do without heals.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I think healing is fine the way it is right now. Storms doesn't need an another healing spell because it's so good already. And I'm an Ice wizard, and I have a minion and an Ice spell to sacrifice it with too, plus, don't forget that even though it's not very good everyone has Fairy.
So overall I must say I disagree with your idea of schools having more healing.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
HajimeNoIppo on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
I have noticed in the recent classic tournaments where some matches were not allowed amulets, pets or treasure cards. kewl, but there is only 2 schools that do not have a one turn healing spell .... ice and myth. sure myth has 2 ways to gain a small amount of health by wasting 2 turns to summon a minion and then sacrificing it to gain it. but now days myth don't use minions that much anymore for pvp. storm has 1, fire has 2, balance has 2, death has 3 to 4 leaving life with 5 to 6 ways to heal.

storm needs a new heal spell too, if all schools had 2 ways to gain life off of one card would be nice. I don't mean like a straight up heal spell from the life school but something like what fire or death has, a damage spell with a heal kicker added to it. would id be more logical for myth to do what death can do and ice do what fire can do? or the complete opposite and have myth gain fires heal and ice gain death ability?

That sounds like a problem, but I'm a balance, so I don't really know. And I'm only a lvl 48 as well, so I can't learn Availing Hands yet, so I only have 1. Here's my ideas:
: Electric Converter - Take next incoming damage spell, half the effect, and make it heal, 100% accuracy, 4 pips, ward.
: Bittersweet Cold - 150 to self per pip, 80% accuracy, X pips, heal.
Khione's Song - 1,000 to self, 80% accuracy, 6 pips, heal.
: Gorgon's Blood - Deal 400 damage to self, or self 1,000, 85% accuracy, 5 pips, heal/damage.
Alicorn - 200+999 over time to self, 85% accuracy, 7 pips, HoT (Heal over Time).

I also think that fire's heals are weak, so here's my idea for them:
: Phoenix Tears - 500 to all allies, 75% accuracy, 6 pips, heal.

And death has ghoul, vampire, wraith, scarecrow & Dr Vonn's Monster so they have 5 heals. And Life has, Sprite, Pixie (might be Fairy, not sure), Unicorn, Regenerate, Rebirth & that's it, so death & life have the same amount of heals.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013

Are you saying that life having 5 to 6 heals is bad? That's what life is, healing. If you did that, then life would be pointless. Everyone has healing spell, it's called pixie, use it. Giving everyone more heals is just like increasing everyone's attack damage except storm, it would ruin what storm is based on. Or it would be like asking if everyone could have more universal resist. It would ruin ice.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009

Both Myth and Ice have one turn heal spells, it is called Pixie and every school gets access to it. If you are referencing that other schools can heal without a life spell, then yes you are correct that the only option for Myth and Ice is sacrificing their minion (unless you count Dimension Shift on a minion that cast Sprite on itself).

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
David DeathFlame on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Are you saying that life having 5 to 6 heals is bad? That's what life is, healing. If you did that, then life would be pointless. Everyone has healing spell, it's called pixie, use it. Giving everyone more heals is just like increasing everyone's attack damage except storm, it would ruin what storm is based on. Or it would be like asking if everyone could have more universal resist. It would ruin ice.
THANK YOU. as a life wizard i have to say as the new spells come out and become stronger i have to heal more lol. although i do have to say we life wizards need to pack a harder punch with the new spells. either way pvp is hard with the new spells but i manage to win a few. i say keep everything as is. BUT i have been noticing programmers are having more difficulty keeping everything even. they are slipping a little so lvl 98 spells need to checked not twice but 3 times.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Well, it kinda ruins the purpose of life wizards, don't you think?
Besides, all schools except life start off with the pixie spell, so all schools do get a healing spell.

~Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 43 theurgist

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
I think Life should get a spell that does damage and heals like Death.

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
MustachCashDash on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
I think Life should get a spell that does damage and heals like Death.
Then we would need something similar, a death attack that heals your teammates. Which is what I have been wanting ever since the Azteca Update... This will most likely not happen, so I wouldn't count on yours happening either

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
kingarlo on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
I think healing is fine the way it is right now. Storms doesn't need an another healing spell because it's so good already. And I'm an Ice wizard, and I have a minion and an Ice spell to sacrifice it with too, plus, don't forget that even though it's not very good everyone has Fairy.
So overall I must say I disagree with your idea of schools having more healing.
oh i love how 2 power pips for a 100 heal is sooooo good

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
That sounds like a problem, but I'm a balance, so I don't really know. And I'm only a lvl 48 as well, so I can't learn Availing Hands yet, so I only have 1. Here's my ideas:
: Electric Converter - Take next incoming damage spell, half the effect, and make it heal, 100% accuracy, 4 pips, ward.
: Bittersweet Cold - 150 to self per pip, 80% accuracy, X pips, heal.
Khione's Song - 1,000 to self, 80% accuracy, 6 pips, heal.
: Gorgon's Blood - Deal 400 damage to self, or self 1,000, 85% accuracy, 5 pips, heal/damage.
Alicorn - 200+999 over time to self, 85% accuracy, 7 pips, HoT (Heal over Time).

I also think that fire's heals are weak, so here's my idea for them:
: Phoenix Tears - 500 to all allies, 75% accuracy, 6 pips, heal.

And death has ghoul, vampire, wraith, scarecrow & Dr Vonn's Monster so they have 5 heals. And Life has, Sprite, Pixie (might be Fairy, not sure), Unicorn, Regenerate, Rebirth & that's it, so death & life have the same amount of heals.
I forgot that death have Sacrifice & life have Dryad, but the amount is still the same.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I am storm, and I really couldn't agree more. I just spend my training points on life spells.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
Are you kidding me? That's Life's job. They are the ones that heal. If you want a healer ask us. I will say almost always yes. That's what Life is good at and that should be only ours. You are Storm so get some resist and use healing current. You can survive without a Life wizard. It's hard for us because of all the healing spells and don't even say "oh you have Forest Lord and Spinysaur and blah blah blah" Yea and those take 4-6 turns just for the pips. Get some resist, block and try to stay alive with what you have. Leave the healing to us Life wizards.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
MustachCashDash on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
Are you kidding me? That's Life's job. They are the ones that heal. If you want a healer ask us. I will say almost always yes. That's what Life is good at and that should be only ours. You are Storm so get some resist and use healing current. You can survive without a Life wizard. It's hard for us because of all the healing spells and don't even say "oh you have Forest Lord and Spinysaur and blah blah blah" Yea and those take 4-6 turns just for the pips. Get some resist, block and try to stay alive with what you have. Leave the healing to us Life wizards.
Yeah, I agree that life is the main healers, but balance is also kind of a healing school. I agree that none of the schools should get even nearly as many heals as life. However, fire and storm are mainly attack schools and they both have heals. So why shouldn't myth and ice have perhaps one heal each? I know, I know, everybody has pixie, but myth and ice are the only ones without healing spells of their school. That is kinda unfair. Ice does have snow drift, and myth does have dimension shift, but they don't have actual heals. Ice and myth can only take heals from others, not actually heal. Hmm ... perhaps they should have slightly weak heals like fire and storm have, perhaps not. Although none of them should have heal all teammates spells, none of them should have x healing spells like dryad, and none of them should have super strong healing spells. Hmm...

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
I forgot that death have Sacrifice & life have Dryad, but the amount is still the same.
You also forgot minor blessing, satyr, and King Artorius for life heals. Also, death has lord of night, but that's just a loremaster spell, not a spell quest or Dworgyn/Malorn Ashthorn spell. So, death do not have the same amount of heals. And a drain isn't the same as a heal anyway.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011

really needs a heal!

We should get a 400 per pip heal spell to one person (Our health is high so we need powerful heal spells)
and:

A spell that gives 300 heal+ -75% damage to all friends for 3 rounds

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
MustachCashDash on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
your must be a forum apprentice and an apprentice in game life has not got a heal since before the death of malistaire

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
As someone who has played all 7 schools:

Giving ice another heal would be a huge mistake. With their colossal health and immunity, they don't need healing... it would make the school quite overpowered, especially in pvp (since those battles would never end). They can drain from their minions, just like myth, plus snow drift allows them to steal healing from another player/mob.

I understand storm getting a heal. Their defensive stats are garbage and nowhere near what is needed to survive at the upper levels; one unblocked critical and you're done like dinner. Even at that, healing current is so unpredictable that I still use my pixie for boss fights.

In future worlds, I would like to see life get another attack spell, preferably an aoe, since they one of 2 schools with only one. But that's a whole other topic.

-von

95 bal
93 death
90 storm
63 life
40 myth/ice
28 fire

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
critical blizzard on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
your must be a forum apprentice and an apprentice in game life has not got a heal since before the death of malistaire
Uh ... what? Life just got a new heal. King Artorius. :P I'm guessing you don't have a life wizard in game. Also, some people got rebirth after they killed Malistaire, but I suppose that's a technicality.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
MythWizardForeves on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
Uh ... what? Life just got a new heal. King Artorius. :P I'm guessing you don't have a life wizard in game. Also, some people got rebirth after they killed Malistaire, but I suppose that's a technicality.
um well not only is it only to self so it does not help mustachecash's argument it's a tiny heal because it deals damage

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
critical blizzard on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
um well not only is it only to self so it does not help mustachecash's argument it's a tiny heal because it deals damage
Well, you said they haven't gotten any heals since the death of Malistaire, and technically, Artorius is a heal, even if it's a small one.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
MythWizardForeves on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
You also forgot minor blessing, satyr, and King Artorius for life heals. Also, death has lord of night, but that's just a loremaster spell, not a spell quest or Dworgyn/Malorn Ashthorn spell. So, death do not have the same amount of heals. And a drain isn't the same as a heal anyway.
In that case life has 8 and death has 1. Not including minion sacrificial spells.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Laura Shadowsong on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
As someone who has played all 7 schools:

Giving ice another heal would be a huge mistake. With their colossal health and immunity, they don't need healing... it would make the school quite overpowered, especially in pvp (since those battles would never end). They can drain from their minions, just like myth, plus snow drift allows them to steal healing from another player/mob.

I understand storm getting a heal. Their defensive stats are garbage and nowhere near what is needed to survive at the upper levels; one unblocked critical and you're done like dinner. Even at that, healing current is so unpredictable that I still use my pixie for boss fights.

In future worlds, I would like to see life get another attack spell, preferably an aoe, since they one of 2 schools with only one. But that's a whole other topic.

-von

95 bal
93 death
90 storm
63 life
40 myth/ice
28 fire
Death has Scarecrow & Avenging Fossil. Technically they have Deer Knight too, but that depends on if you count lore spells. That means that life has the least amount of AoEs.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
MythWizardForeves on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Well, you said they haven't gotten any heals since the death of Malistaire, and technically, Artorius is a heal, even if it's a small one.

ok they have not got something that heals others since before death of malistare

jasmine takes stuff way to literraly