Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Secondary for Ice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2013
Hi

I've just started a new Ice wizard and was wondering what is the best secondary? I've heard that storm or death are the best but I'm not sure

Thanks!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
wildgem19 on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Hi

I've just started a new Ice wizard and was wondering what is the best secondary? I've heard that storm or death are the best but I'm not sure

Thanks!
Maybe Death for Feint. My Ice uses the Jewel of Feint (lvl 50) but later on when Potent trap comes into play you can Potent trap a trained Feint and then use a regular Feint so they stack. With Ice you usually can afford the traps left on you from it, if now you can always stick a Tower Shield on to off set it.

My first out of school spell for my Ice was the Tri Blade from Niles because we wait until level 38 for our Blade.

Unless you get an amulet for a secondary school by mid Mooshu you are getting more power pips, spending them on out side schools becomes expensive and a waste of when they could be used for better in school spells.

Been having a lot of fun experimenting with Potent Trapped Feint, regular Feint, Jewel of Feint and Treasure Card Feint.

I have found Ice to be a slow but sure play. It did seem to take me longer to get the school off the ground so to speak. If you solo, battles do take a little longer but you have the resources to hang in there.

Mary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Hi

Thanks!
Not Storm...you fizzle way too much and have no chance of adding accuracy through gear, etc., life Storm wizards.
Life or Death work very well. With Life you're virtually unstoppable.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
This strategy works basically for all schools, but what I recommend is Tower Shield from Ice school, Satyr from life school, Feint from death school, all spells from Star and Sun school, and maybe accuracy enhancers, also from Sun. You will also need reshuffle. You will be almost unstoppable with your Satyr (provided you have life mastery.) Double extra vitality with Ice's massive health and resist, and you will, slowly but steadily, outlast your foes. Be sure to attack, also, because in PvE monsters don't run out of cards, and in PvP, your opponents may have reshuffle.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
I would probably say fire or life would be good. if you have fire as a secondary, you can balance out your attacks very well, with life, well that's fairly obvious.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Hi

Thanks!
Life school is the absolute best secondary with ice. Although if you do get life secondary then make sure you get a life mastery amulet so you don't waste precious pips

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
Here's my best advice:

Don't have a secondary. Save your training points for the astral spells.

Victoria Legend FlameLv. 84

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Well, as an Ice Wizard myself the best secondary that I found is either death or life. Mostly death because you can heal yourself while damaging the enemy.
Good Luck & see ya around the Spiral!
William Rubythorn

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
You don't want a secondary school, as much as you need specific spells to be effective, especially as you fight tougher bosses. For example, you would want Feint from Death (7 training points) since your attacks are pretty weak and you don't get an ice blade until level 38, and Satyr from Life for healing (7 training points). You will also want to spend a training point to get Elemental Blade. As mentioned above, you will also want to spend training points on Star and Sun spells so you can get Colossal and an amplifying aura, such as Sleet Storm. You will always attack with Ice spells once you start getting power pips.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Well this is how my lvl 77 ice wizard is right now:
Elemental blade, Elemental trap, Reshuffle (blade and trap from Niles Krok, reshuffle at colossus boulevard)

Up to feint

I don't know but useful if you want to boost bosses

Up to Satyr, but you can also up to sprite if you use health gear

Train in the tough, giant ect. You have enough accuracy

I have Vengeance (more critical), Empower (gives you a pip if you get hit by an attack lvl 4 or higher), and berserk (+30% incoming damage, +40% outgoing damage)

Also train in Sleet storm. I don't know what school it is or what lvl you get it, but I've heard people say its like a blade that can't be removed by myth.

Hope I helped

Ian Dragonshield lvl 77
Savior of the Spiral

Luke Skywalker lvl 18

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Luke Skysleeper on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
Well this is how my lvl 77 ice wizard is right now:
Elemental blade, Elemental trap, Reshuffle (blade and trap from Niles Krok, reshuffle at colossus boulevard)

Up to feint

I don't know but useful if you want to boost bosses

Up to Satyr, but you can also up to sprite if you use health gear

Train in the tough, giant ect. You have enough accuracy

I have Vengeance (more critical), Empower (gives you a pip if you get hit by an attack lvl 4 or higher), and berserk (+30% incoming damage, +40% outgoing damage)

Also train in Sleet storm. I don't know what school it is or what lvl you get it, but I've heard people say its like a blade that can't be removed by myth.

Hope I helped

Ian Dragonshield lvl 77
Savior of the Spiral

Luke Skywalker lvl 18
Sleet Storm is a star spell just letting you know k? :P

Also I wouldn't recommend fire as a secondary school for ANY school (even if it boosts against ice enemies, you can still just use normal ice prisms for the boost)