Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Design Flaw?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2012
I love gardening, but at the moment I'm in a quandary because I planted a sugar khrystal and woke up this morning to rank 7 fire ants!

The problem is, even though I'm almost maxed out at end of gardening level 15, my questing level is in the low 80's and I'm still in Avalon.

Going to Bastion and looking for side quests, I get "Talk to Sylvia Darkside in Mooncliff". This was heartening because she supposedly starts the process for meeting Una Moondancer in Bastion who will then let me meet Barley. However, Sylvia is invisible to me, presumably because I'm not questing in Khrysalis yet.

Do I need to give up gardening until I hit level 90-something?

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Unfortunately, I believe yes.
This is because barley does not show up until around the time you have quested enough to be level 95.
This is what happened to me at least.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
You don't need to give up gardening. Stick to things that don't have such high needs. You are right about the progression though. I'm not sure why the made the gardener so late in the game.

if you have the "Summon Pixie" spell from the trainer in Kroc, you can use it on your Sugar Khrystal. It only works for the one plant it is cast on, but it will eliminate all pests and keep them from returning for 48 hours.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
WOW!
Great job getting maxing out so fast.

Any tips ? I'm rank 10