Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do you Think of Storm?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Storm is a school where some people adore it, and some don't. It has the most powerful attacks and can kill, but it struggles in its low health and accuracy. I'm here to ask, what do you think of storm? Do you like it? Is it your favorite or least favorite? How does it compare to other schools?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Once you know how to play it, I find storm the easiest solo school for the second arc especially. The first arc is easy for pretty much any school. My Ice and Death had much harder times with the second arc. Part of this is probably me becoming a better player, but a lot of it is storm's strength. As for struggling with accuracy and health... not much of an issue really. It's an issue in PvP not in PvE though. Gear and pets take care of that. A good pet with resist and healing goes a long way. I spent the time hatching and training a near perfect one.
Mega Enchanted Armament
+10 Resist
+5 Resist
May Cast Pierce
May Cast Spritely
May Cast Fairy
+ 3 Item Sharpen Trap cards
Storm is also great for fighting storm bosses oddly enough. It's very easy for storm to be storm immune while also having a huge attack boost. Whenever a friend needs to fight a storm boss, they call me.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Molly the Balance ... on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
Storm is a school where some people adore it, and some don't. It has the most powerful attacks and can kill, but it struggles in its low health and accuracy. I'm here to ask, what do you think of storm? Do you like it? Is it your favorite or least favorite? How does it compare to other schools?
I love it. My first wizard was a Storm wizard and she's helped me learn the ropes of the game. With her, I've progressed onto schools that are harder to master.

Survivor
May 08, 2012
People think it is so good. Sure it is the most powerful but the accuracy is not so good. I have a pet that gives me forest lord but i figured out that it is only 60% it drove me crazy. I know the spells at storm are more 75% but there is not a big difference. I am a wizard maybe i am just so used to 90% that usually always hit but know that accuracy is a good part to spells/schools.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My first Storm I deleted in Zafaria because it just got too easy to play and I actually got bored of blade blade defeat. I didn't play that school well until there but once it got easy I guess I got bored.

My second Storm I decided to play everything totally solo and not do any optional dungeons and so far I have made it to Empire in Celestia but now I am bored with it again. I played this one much better then my first one, it hasn't been a struggle at all. I don't even remember my last defeat. Better gear is now available at lower levels so I could work on accuracy much earlier. I still work at it a few hours here and there but it's not my focus any more. I am thinking that maybe when I finally figure out how to play a school I am done with it? Maybe I have seen enough of the game by then and just want to start over? I seem to delete a lot of wizards between Celestia and end of Zafaria? Attention span of a gnat? I don't know.

In the end I would say I do respect Storm and it's power, it's a fun play once you get it all working for you.

Mary

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
people who post spell ideas other then me tend to hate it

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I deleted my first storm wizard back when she was just a noob in Firecat Alley. I'm impatient, and I couldn't deal with the constant fizzling.

But I decided to give it another chance, and I made a second one shortly thereafter. Sestiva is now level 89 and finishing Azteca~ but, even though I've done a lot of work with gear, pets, etc., to get her stats to where they need to be to survive at the upper levels, I still have a long way to go.

Storm's health and resist are a joke. I've only just cleared 3000 health, at almost level 90~ my other wizards had the same at, like, level 40. I get that we're supposed to be weak defensively, but this is just silly and borders on completely ridiculous. Even since the nerf, I've noticed that I'm still forced to rely on henchmen 50 percent of the time, which (as with balance's heavy reliance on off-school tc) drives me batty.

Unlike most storm wizards I've run across, Sestiva actually has decent stats. She was built for soloing, and her numbers reflect that, but I originally had no plans of completing Azteca with her. I figured that it was a futile pursuit that would ultimately lead to frustration, disappointment, and me rage-quitting the game once it became more work than fun. But I was pleasantly surprised that I only ran into trouble towards the end of Azteca; I'm still working on a perfect pet, but I have a couple of good ones that usually do what I need them to.

I like storm. But I wish KI would stop ripping us off on defensive stats because that hole in Unicorn Way thinks we're overpowered. I'm so done catering to that set.

-von/Sestiva Stormblade,
(almost-promethean diviner)

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
I've been playing storm for a while now and I love it. The reason people don't pick storm as a class is that it has the lowest health and accuracy. BUT if you look at the gear storm can get you will see that it gives you a considerable amount of accuracy, and the first spell you get is an accuracy spell. Now, lets talk about health.

So, my strategy has always been "kill them before they kill you".That has worked the whole way through the game so far, ( I am currently level 89), I found i could solo bosses until Dragonspyre using the same strategy. You may be thinking: "Oh he can't solo the rest of the game with storm, therefore it isn't good" But to be honest, unless you farm specific gear, train pets with specific snacks, hatch your pet for specific skills, buy treasure cards etc, Even with ice, it can be very very tough to solo the game.

/\ Not mentioning its pretty much a team game /\ "HELP save wizard city".

Street fights are a piece of cake for storm, but boss fights are almost impossible, but its the same with all other schools.

To sum up, I would like to say something to all of you who are uncertain on whether storm is good or bad.
Its all about opinion, every school struggles in some area of dueling. To properly conclude on whether storm is a good school or not, you need to compare every school to storm.

To those who say storm is easy and not challenging:

Storm is almost a luck based school if you don't do it properly, and that doesn't sound easy and not challenging to me.

If you are thinking of doing a storm, go for it, it is extremely fun and I love it.

Unless you are an experienced wizard, I wouldn't hope on having a storm wizard over level 60.

~ AdamStormTamer Storm lvl 89

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Dr Von on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
I deleted my first storm wizard back when she was just a noob in Firecat Alley. I'm impatient, and I couldn't deal with the constant fizzling.

But I decided to give it another chance, and I made a second one shortly thereafter. Sestiva is now level 89 and finishing Azteca~ but, even though I've done a lot of work with gear, pets, etc., to get her stats to where they need to be to survive at the upper levels, I still have a long way to go.

Storm's health and resist are a joke. I've only just cleared 3000 health, at almost level 90~ my other wizards had the same at, like, level 40. I get that we're supposed to be weak defensively, but this is just silly and borders on completely ridiculous. Even since the nerf, I've noticed that I'm still forced to rely on henchmen 50 percent of the time, which (as with balance's heavy reliance on off-school tc) drives me batty.

Unlike most storm wizards I've run across, Sestiva actually has decent stats. She was built for soloing, and her numbers reflect that, but I originally had no plans of completing Azteca with her. I figured that it was a futile pursuit that would ultimately lead to frustration, disappointment, and me rage-quitting the game once it became more work than fun. But I was pleasantly surprised that I only ran into trouble towards the end of Azteca; I'm still working on a perfect pet, but I have a couple of good ones that usually do what I need them to.

I like storm. But I wish KI would stop ripping us off on defensive stats because that hole in Unicorn Way thinks we're overpowered. I'm so done catering to that set.

-von/Sestiva Stormblade,
(almost-promethean diviner)

a good storm accuracy pet with fairy should be excellent at lower levels then

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
As Dr. Von said, Storm gets ripped off in the second arc, no improvements appear to be coming. That's a pet peeve of mine, people seem to learn the basic "storm has strong spells" stereotype and assume that this school can't need anything else. They say "Well Storm has the strongest spells so..." and then totally miss the point because, hey, it's not happening to them. High level Storm wizards are so tired of having the worst pips, the worst health, and the worst defense, and having no good way of making it better.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Storm is a GREAT school! Storm isnt a school that gets the hate though. ITS ! My 1st wizard was a wizard and people ALWAYS teased me (Mostly wizards) that I take LONG in boss battles and my attacks are weak! Well now my Ice wizard is level 92 and hes pretty strong! He can hit 66,000 with Lord Of Winter! does a lot of damage but does too! has pretty much perfected its damage issue. Besides, we have A LOT of health! I trained a storm wizard and health was an ISSUE! He died too easily (if I fizzled too much) but he got good accuracy after lvl 58 so now hes fine. But is a hated school. Not . wizard pick on wizards for their low damage! But we hit HIGH and we have more health than storm wizards!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
I'm storm myself and I love it. Yes the low health and accuracy is a problem but if you can KO your opponents with one hit the health and accuracy isn't a problem.

Victoria Legend Flame Lv.84

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
frosty frost on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
Storm is a GREAT school! Storm isnt a school that gets the hate though. ITS ! My 1st wizard was a wizard and people ALWAYS teased me (Mostly wizards) that I take LONG in boss battles and my attacks are weak! Well now my Ice wizard is level 92 and hes pretty strong! He can hit 66,000 with Lord Of Winter! does a lot of damage but does too! has pretty much perfected its damage issue. Besides, we have A LOT of health! I trained a storm wizard and health was an ISSUE! He died too easily (if I fizzled too much) but he got good accuracy after lvl 58 so now hes fine. But is a hated school. Not . wizard pick on wizards for their low damage! But we hit HIGH and we have more health than storm wizards!
Either KI loves ice, hates storm, or both.

I'm so sick of having garbage for defensive stats. I love my storm wizard, and I'd like to be able to play her without worrying that I don't have crowns for henchmen or 3 other friends online to help me with every little thing. But KI just keeps giving ice more and more unneeded health and resist, while storm languishes in neglected obscurity (and has since level 60).

Yes, I'm happy with my 100% accuracy, but it and my high damage are all I've got. I shouldn't have to rely on a perfect pet or a mastery amulet to keep myself alive.

(not to hate on ice, since I have an ice wizard and my best friend in game is a promethean thaumaturge. I just think it's a bit silly that the other schools have been so left behind).

-von

95 bal
90 death
89 storm

& the rest

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
storm 8906 on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
I'm storm myself and I love it. Yes the low health and accuracy is a problem but if you can KO your opponents with one hit the health and accuracy isn't a problem.

Victoria Legend Flame Lv.84
No. Accuracy is not a problem to storm at your level. Its health.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
My first character is death but I decided to make a storm and it was so boring that I didn't make it out of unicorn way.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
I like storm a lot. To make things easier I do a lot of sidequests so i have more health and gold for gear. But I like how in PvP (2v2) i can throw out a blade or two, put on tower shields, and spam my sharks and bats. And boss battles are a breeze with a tc blade, storm trap, and the accuracy spell we get. A shark can do 1,000 damage! I'm used to life so that was a shock (level 30 life)(like my pun?). But I prefer ice in the ice vs storm opinion battle.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
is a very enjoyable school! If you get and as secondary and you get shields and boosts from it is boss! So stick with and you will have lots of fun and health and accuracy will not be a problem! :)