Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Wizard - Secondary School Opinion?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
Hey peoples!

So if anyone has looked at my posts with my signature, you know I have 2 main wizards: Grace and Kayla. Today I'm adding a third, making it a trio ! She is an wizard, but I'm stumped on the secondary school. I'm level 4 (Wow!) and have 2 training points, and here are some things to keep in mind:

--I can NOT solo much, I will be doing mostly Group Play.

--I want good attacks since Ice is weak in the attacking field.

--I do not want life because Ice is meant to live longer, not heal (But I secretly want to heal a little)

--Storm is out of the question, I will never ever like Storm (Only on myself, you little stormies )

--Myth is also out because I think it's "full potential" is minions, and a person that isnt Myth will not get all those minions

This leaves the following classes to choose from
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fire, Balance, and Death.

I'm not so strong on Fire, but I will use it if you think I should.
I WAS leaning towards Death, but now that I think about it, Balance seems good too.

Thanks SO much for reading and replying

-Grace Goldenleaf 39

-Kayla Unicornleaf 20

-Natalie Iceblossom 4 (Almost 5 woot! )

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Grace Goldenleaf on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
Hey peoples!

So if anyone has looked at my posts with my signature, you know I have 2 main wizards: Grace and Kayla. Today I'm adding a third, making it a trio ! She is an wizard, but I'm stumped on the secondary school. I'm level 4 (Wow!) and have 2 training points, and here are some things to keep in mind:

--I do not want life because Ice is meant to live longer, not heal (But I secretly want to heal a little)

--Storm is out of the question, I will never ever like Storm (Only on myself, you little stormies )

--Myth is also out because I think it's "full potential" is minions, and a person that isnt Myth will not get all those minions

I WAS leaning towards Death, but now that I think about it, Balance seems good too.

-Grace Goldenleaf 39

-Kayla Unicornleaf 20

I guess if I had a choice of which to secondary on my Ice I would have picked Death to Feint but I didn't. I play my Ice wizards true to it's school only adding out side spells that enhance the school given ones. My first outside spell was the tri blade from Niles in Krockatopia since we don't get our Ice blade until level 38. I prefer the jewel of feint later on because it's stack able. I currently have it pared with a Death wizard for questing and we have made our way though the end of Zafaria so far, with out much ado. We have taken to helping as many as we can a long our way and we are able to make pretty short work of things. We help though Azteca now because some of our friends got a head of us.

I am a secret healer also - I buy 2 pip sprite Treasure cards as a back up - I fully encourage wizards I help to be self supportive but if things get ugly I have their back. I use them rarely because in a group there is no reason we can't get in get it done and get out.

I just trained a FrankinBunny for the hec of it and he gives the health card standard but at adult learned energizing battery which he does seem to use now and then so he maybe my back up pet for now.

Mary

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
My two brothers main wizards are fire and balance.My main wizard is death.Deaths focus is attacking and stealing life from opponents and balance weaken their opponents spells plus they have the spell sandstorm.So it really depends on how you want to fight.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello Grace,

To support your 2nd, and 3rd points of desiring additional damage boosting and your secretive love of healing once in a while; I'd say choose the School. Ghoul, and Vampire will offer you damage while healing, and Feint will assist in All your damage. You may find the Wraith spell to your liking as well. This is situational, but you may even find a use for the School aura, "Doom and Gloom" while fighting certain schools. Since your spells are "Drain" type spells the aura doesn't affect how much you heal.

I don't know how much you're going to commit to a secondary school, and keep in mind that Pip consumption is off-set unless, you acquire a Mastery amulet.

Best of luck to you in selecting what ever school suits your play style best.

Gabriel Archmage

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
Grace Goldenleaf on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
Hey peoples!

-Grace Goldenleaf 39

-Kayla Unicornleaf 20

If I had to choose from only fire, balance, and death, I would choose fire because you can use the fire and ice blades from the elemental bade. That's if you want to use attacks other than ice. If you don't, then death to feint.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
My must-haves would be Death to Feint, Life to Spritely, Elemental Blade, Sun damage enchants to Colossal. Star damage aura.

Depending on your playing style, you might consider: Reshuffle, Elemental trap, healing +/or resist auras, Conviction, Infallible, continuing Life to Satyr, other buffs (for boosting team), Dispels (against cheat bosses), extra shields (for protecting team).

Ice is a natural tank. Your use of gear, pets, secondary spells, and treasure cards can extend its strength at attacking, healing, buffing, or shielding.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
Hello again!

I'm going to give a small update - I've decided on *drum roll* Death! The few who suggested it made it seem ideal, and I went and looked and I think I'd like it. My life wiz, Kayla, used Death secondary as well and she does (actually she sucks at PvE) pretty good . If I HAVE to choose a third school, I'm going to include Life in the mix next time. Life would be a bad second but for some reason I do want to be able to heal. Death seems to include that and since I'm ice, I think Life should wait. (I re read this and thought this should be added) I will be training Death to Feint. If you have suggestions for a third school, or train *school* to *certain spell*, then I'd be happy to read and review any suggestions.

Thanks for reading and replying!

-Grace Goldenleaf 39 Magus (Almost typed 93 )

-Kayla Unicornleaf 20 Adept

-Natalie Iceblossom 8 Apprentice

P.S. If you ever see me running around in realm Falmea which is my ideal realm, you can stop me and say hello. I'm willing to add even the Menu chat noobies I will be in member zones, maybe with luck you can catch Natalie in Triton, Firecat, or Cyclops before she gets to move on to Colossus and Krokotopia.

Bye

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
For my ice (my first wizard) I went with life to Satyr, Death to Feint, and Fire for fire sprite to have a low level DOT. Don't pick a second school for attack spells, you will almost never use them anyways. Your best gear will always be geared towards your main school. Power pips also. Having feint and healing and the shields from the other schools goes a long way to support Ice and make it a very powerful school.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
it's better to train in more than one school. try this.
Death to feint
Sun to colossal
Balance to weakness
and some other points remain for other spells.
Wolf RavenBreath 93

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
I'm not sure if this will help but i remember reading that secondary schools are useless because once you get mostly power pips your secondary school is just wasting pips, so you should save your points until you can get astral spells.

Victoria legend flameLv.84